With playoffs comes bandwagoners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its true.

and most of us here...well, were fanatics. I could write a most from the other perspective about how the average guy, absolutely can't stand when know it all raptor fans wanna constantly correct them about every single player, stat, play, salary, you name it, because fuck off already, I'm trying to watch the game bud..... hahahaha

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      you cant be a raptors hipster when you only have 2 posts on this board!
      This is as snobby as the original post! For the good of the game, we should welcome bandwagoners to following the Raptors and veterans of this site should welcome new fans, lurkers and long time fans as posters (myself included).

Comment

Guest wrote: View Post
        This is as snobby as the original post! For the good of the game, we should welcome bandwagoners to following the Raptors and veterans of this site should welcome new fans, lurkers and long time fans as posters (myself included).
        Who actually takes number of posts seriously? Obviously kidding.

Comment

Guest wrote: View Post
          Welcome

Comment

This is relevant, from the Star in January:

“If you want to get great television audiences, you have got to attract the casual fan, not just the hardcore fan,” says Dave Hopkinson, chief commercial officer for Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.

“We know if the Raptors didn’t win a game this season, we’re still going to have about a 100,000 people on average for every minute of those games. That is ‘the floor’.

“But where we start to get a bump in our audience is the casual fan who (is) interested in basketball, if a basketball team is going to show them something. And I think this is a team that is showing personality, heart and a competitive spirit.”

This plays into the idea that Toronto has been a bandwagon town that loves its winners; though, in recent history, there has been little to ignite imaginations in the city other than splashy off-season moves.

Source
            Guys... we are the 100,000. LOL

Also, we're a whole TOWN of Bandwagoners.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              This is relevant, from the Star in January:

Guys... we are the 100,000. LOL

Also, we're a whole TOWN of Bandwagoners.
              I'm not gonna lie, I love your picture. I just say the words in a nerdy way everytime, no disrespect to the raptors assistant gm though lol
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                I'm not gonna lie, I love your picture. I just say the words in a nerdy way everytime, no disrespect to the raptors assistant gm though lol
                Haha Thats exactly the voice it was written in.

Plus, its that annd the fact its the same Green background that was used in my Grade 4 pictures.

Comment

If some dude said that to me at a bar "Were gonna be OK cuz we got Calderon" that would make me laugh out loud too. I wouldn't degrade the guy or make him feel like a loser, but come on, thats just hillarious. And me, knowing that Calderon is gone and DeRozen isn't the next VC doesn't make me a Raptors geek or fanatic sheesh. Even my girl, who doesn't even watch bball, knows better than that.

Those are Toronto fans not Raptor fans. Its all good either way.

With that said, I welcome ALL bandwagoners. I hope they bring it this playoffs! The Raps need all the support in this hockey-crazy city.

And some posters on here with their PC'ness are way too much to handle lol

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    They should have tanked. We just accepted.
                    Acceptance? Or MU's jedi mind tricks?

Comment

We all bandwagoned at one point.

At one point I was one of those ignorant fans and thought Bargnani was the next Dirk....be patient and support them supporting us, they will only learn and be better fans in the future.

Comment

At least they were total strangers. I have a couple of friends that I disagree with so much about Raptors that I'll turn down an offer of free tickets to the game just to avoid having to talk to them about the team. Some people just have their ideas and they are so set in their ways (favoritism and homerisms) that there is no way to get through to them.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

Working...
                        X