No announcement yet.

Playoffs? We Talking About Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's sad that the "playoffs" thread took until the 3rd page to get past the dick measuring contest.

I think are chances are very much 50/50 in the first round of the playoffs, regardless of who we play. Anyone looking beyond that is making a mistake.

We will need more JV touches in the playoffs. Without a post presence, we will only win by the will power of Lowry. (Yes, I think DD will struggle in the playoffs against more physical defences).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

We will be in 4th by the end of this week

Our next two games as we know are Houston and Indiana

Chicago is playing Atlanta and Milwaukee

I am starting to get worried .....CHI's schedule is just as easy as ours (actually you could argue that it's much easier down the stretch because we have 2 games against the knicks and they'll be playing for something).

not happy...

Comment

Maybe the mods can merge all of the doomsday threads together?
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
          I don't know why people keep acting like Mack11 and I are crazy. Yes we can be extreme and maybe react to a bad loss but at the end of the day the points we make are valid. This game is exactly how the playoffs are going to be like. We struggle when the intensity picks up. We become a jump shooting team and that will end up in a first round exit. Our defense has fallen off as well which won't help. And I don't believe that when the playoffs come everything will go back to normal because players will still be banged up and will still be tired. So if that's what's causing our bad play as of late it will just be worse when the playoffs arrive. I hope all of you guys positivity for this team ends up being correct but I really don't see it. The things that plagued us in this game has been a problem for sometime now. We've been winning because either the team we play is shit or we play unbelievably well in the fourth and you can't live like that. It's not about the rest of the season it's about the playoffs and what we've been doing for the past 2 weeks won't work against Brooklyn, trust me. Washington is probably the only playoff team we can beat playing the way we've been playing. I wish I could disregard our glaring weaknesses like you guys can but it's just too difficult for me.
          I'm sure most of us aren't ignoring the glaring weaknesses. It's just some of us a little more realistic about this team. We understand that this team only came together what, like four months back. They have had a little more than a half season together and yet have found the chemistry and playing a type of ball that allows us to compete with most teams. That is a hell of alot of progress in that short period of time, considering this team was supposedly lottery bound. At some point, you have to allow room for growth. I mean, where is the patience. If you, or any others, were a pro-tanker, than you would have had to have patience with that method of building, as it would likely have taken 2-3 years at minimum to get us to the point we are at now, and another year or two for that team to figure out how to play in the playoffs.

No one thinks that this team is perfect. We all know they have issues, issues that will be magnified in the playoffs because all issues on all teams are magnified in the playoffs. That's the way it is. But we have to go through those experiences in order to get to the next level. And yes, maybe we need a superstar to win a championship, but we don't have that at the moment so why dwell on it. Thats what offseasons and trade deadline speculation is for. We have flexibility to get that type of player, but just because we don't have it now doesn't mean the team isn't worth supporting.

I remember George Karl's Sonics lost 2 consecutive 1st round appearances as 1st seeds back in the 90's. Took two more playoffs before they made the Finals, only to lose to Jordan's Bulls of course. Those are the types of experiences that teams must go through. Indy are doing it right now.

We need to lose in the playoffs before we can win, so even if we bow out in the first round this season, it isn't the fucking end of it all. You guys need to chill, and understand that this is a process...it takes time.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
            I'm sure most of us aren't ignoring the glaring weaknesses. It's just some of us a little more realistic about this team. We understand that this team only came together what, like four months back. They have had a little more than a half season together and yet have found the chemistry and playing a type of ball that allows us to compete with most teams. That is a hell of alot of progress in that short period of time, considering this team was supposedly lottery bound. At some point, you have to allow room for growth. I mean, where is the patience. If you, or any others, were a pro-tanker, than you would have had to have patience with that method of building, as it would likely have taken 2-3 years at minimum to get us to the point we are at now, and another year or two for that team to figure out how to play in the playoffs.

No one thinks that this team is perfect. We all know they have issues, issues that will be magnified in the playoffs because all issues on all teams are magnified in the playoffs. That's the way it is. But we have to go through those experiences in order to get to the next level. And yes, maybe we need a superstar to win a championship, but we don't have that at the moment so why dwell on it. Thats what offseasons and trade deadline speculation is for. We have flexibility to get that type of player, but just because we don't have it now doesn't mean the team isn't worth supporting.

I remember George Karl's Sonics lost 2 consecutive 1st round appearances as 1st seeds back in the 90's. Took two more playoffs before they made the Finals, only to lose to Jordan's Bulls of course. Those are the types of experiences that teams must go through. Indy are doing it right now.

We need to lose in the playoffs before we can win, so even if we bow out in the first round this season, it isn't the fucking end of it all. You guys need to chill, and understand that this is a process...it takes time.
            Seattle is a bad example to fit your narrative of what a team needs to do to win in the playoffs.

Prior to the 2 first round exits the sonics had made playoffs 6 of previous 7 seasons.

The year before the 2 first round exits they made the conference finals.

Even in Karl's first season as coach (came in half way through season) they made the 2nd round.

So under Karl they went 2nd, conference finals, 1st, 1st, Finals, 2nd, 2nd.

Karl's last season was before lockout and he was replaced after a 61 win season and 2nd round exit while having led Sonics to playoffs every year in Seattle.

Comment

Why can't weeeeee be friends? Why can't weeeeee be friends? Why can't weeeeee be friends? Why can't weeeeee be friends?
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                Why can't weeeeee be friends? Why can't weeeeee be friends? Why can't weeeeee be friends? Why can't weeeeee be friends?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Seattle is a bad example to fit your narrative of what a team needs to do to win in the playoffs.

Prior to the 2 first round exits the sonics had made playoffs 6 of previous 7 seasons.

The year before the 2 first round exits they made the conference finals.

Even in Karl's first season as coach (came in half way through season) they made the 2nd round.

So under Karl they went 2nd, conference finals, 1st, 1st, Finals, 2nd, 2nd.

Karl's last season was before lockout and he was replaced after a 61 win season and 2nd round exit while having led Sonics to playoffs every year in Seattle.
                  Well I stand corrected with Seattle. But the point still remains...this is a young team and growing pains are to be expected.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post

I agree completely with the bold.

Maybe the rest of us just sees this whole thing as a process.....At least i do.

Comment

This is still a very young team, and a baby in the playoffs. It's easy to say and criticize that they should have given JV the ball more often, without noticing how the Heat adjusted their defense once JV was dominating inside. They doubled him, which resulted in a charging call for Jonas, they fronted him and denied him the ball.

I was more disappointed in Derozan, as he didn't take it to the basket more. Yes he wasn't getting the calls, but as he has done mostly this season, he should have continued to take it in to the basket. He will eventually get calls.

Overall, the team did pretty well. They were in it, until Lebron closed it out. I'm happy that they finally involved Steve Novak in their offense and he did deliver. I'm disappointed though that Landry only got to play garbage minutes. I believe he should be getting Salmons minutes. Salmons has been garbage ever since that OKC game. He could have contained Lebron a bit, he could have helped in rebounding (we also got killed by the Heat's offensive rebounding late in the game).

I'm worried though that Patterson might have the same injury that Fields had (elbow injury), which caused Field's shot to disappear. And why wasn't Hansbrough in the game?? He could have contained Rupaul, who surprisingly had his best game vs us.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                        This is still a very young team, and a baby in the playoffs. It's easy to say and criticize that they should have given JV the ball more often, without noticing how the Heat adjusted their defense once JV was dominating inside. They doubled him, which resulted in a charging call for Jonas, they fronted him and denied him the ball.

I was more disappointed in Derozan, as he didn't take it to the basket more. Yes he wasn't getting the calls, but as he has done mostly this season, he should have continued to take it in to the basket. He will eventually get calls.

Overall, the team did pretty well. They were in it, until Lebron closed it out. I'm happy that they finally involved Steve Novak in their offense and he did deliver. I'm disappointed though that Landry only got to play garbage minutes. I believe he should be getting Salmons minutes. Salmons has been garbage ever since that OKC game. He could have contained Lebron a bit, he could have helped in rebounding (we also got killed by the Heat's offensive rebounding late in the game).

I'm worried though that Patterson might have the same injury that Fields had (elbow injury), which caused Field's shot to disappear. And why wasn't Hansbrough in the game?? He could have contained Rupaul, who surprisingly had his best game vs us.
                        Salmons has been playing like ass way before the OKC game. He's been flat right after he came back from his back issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          Salmons has been playing like ass way before the OKC game. He's been flat right after he came back from his back issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          He swam upstream, now he's dying.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Sadly, this is a preview of what I expect from the playoffs: Physical defense, Raps not getting calls they usually expect, their offense breaking down a lot into long jumpers, and superstars taking over and winning games.

Then the debate about whether the Raps needed to Tank/Trade for a franchise player to fill that playoff superhero role will start again
                            it's too late to tank now.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post

LeBron always closes it out 15 straight games.

Comment

Half of winning in the playoffs is believing you can win. I was listening to Sirius NBA radio and their assessment was that the Raptors are a young team that most likely will get bounced in the first round unless they play Washington. I agree with this assessment. DD does not have the mental toughness to will us to wins. KL does.

Comment

Working...
                                X