Assessing our team vs possible playoff opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    Playoffs aren't the regular season. The Nets are playoff tested, deep and are playing great basketball. Plus, the Nets are going to get every, single call against the Raptors. Derozan and Lowry will be on the bench in the first 5 minutes every game. JV won't play more than 15 minutes.

This is the same delusional thinking Raps fans had in 2007 about the Nets being too old, etc. The Nets are the last team we want to see.
    I had the Nets winning that series in 5 games. I think they won it in 6 games? i can't remember.

But anyway, that Nets team was just a bad matchup for the Raps. Raps won the division that year but everyone knew the Nets were the superior team. VC, Jefferson and Kidd that year were in and out of the lineup in the regular season because of injuries. If they were healthy all year they would've won the division EASILY.

This year's version of the Raptors and the Nets are different. Raptors are the better team there's NO QUESTION IN MY MIND. The only advantage the Nets have is they're more experienced. That's it. They're an old team. Slow. They're an average defensive team. Offensively, they like to play halfcourt style of basketball.

The Raptors on the other hand is one of the best defensive team in the league. I know defensively they've struggled the last couple of weeks. But that's because they played a lot of run and gun teams. That's where their defense struggles at the most. But against an offense like the Nets who likes to play halfcourt basketball? that's where the Raptors defense is at their best.

Offensively, the Raptors should be able to do what they want.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
      We can get to 50 wins if we go 8-0 in our next games. Only hard teams are Pacers and Rockets, who we could beat with the beef in Indiana and Howard+Beverly out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      I would be very surprised to go 8-0. The raps will lose one game they should win and will be lucky to get 1 of 2 vs Houston and Indy. It is looking more and more like a first round exit.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        I had the Nets winning that series in 5 games. I think they won it in 6 games? i can't remember.

But anyway, that Nets team was just a bad matchup for the Raps. Raps won the division that year but everyone knew the Nets were the superior team. VC, Jefferson and Kidd that year were in and out of the lineup in the regular season because of injuries. If they were healthy all year they would've won the division EASILY.

This year's version of the Raptors and the Nets are different. Raptors are the better team there's NO QUESTION IN MY MIND. The only advantage the Nets have is they're more experienced. That's it. They're an old team. Slow. They're an average defensive team. Offensively, they like to play halfcourt style of basketball.

The Raptors on the other hand is one of the best defensive team in the league. I know defensively they've struggled the last couple of weeks. But that's because they played a lot of run and gun teams. That's where their defense struggles at the most. But against an offense like the Nets who likes to play halfcourt basketball? that's where the Raptors defense is at their best.

Offensively, the Raptors should be able to do what they want.
        TRex I truly hope you are right re Nets but I just can't get to where you are at.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Playoffs aren't the regular season. The Nets are playoff tested, deep and are playing great basketball. Plus, the Nets are going to get every, single call against the Raptors. Derozan and Lowry will be on the bench in the first 5 minutes every game. JV won't play more than 15 minutes.

This is the same delusional thinking Raps fans had in 2007 about the Nets being too old, etc. The Nets are the last team we want to see.
          That is what I'm most afraid of.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
          X