Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Patrick Patterson

Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Patrick Patterson has been moonlighting lately as SportChek customer service guy:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...LogoO-3418559/
    Uh......what are we supposed to do with Landry Fields now?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Patterson's biggest hurdle right now, is himself. He's struggling with his confidence.

He's actually got a decent back-to-the-basket game, and can hit the foul line jumper. Maybe the coaching staff should work to get some closer looks for Patterson, instead of parking him beyond the arc.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Seems like Patterson's biggest hurdle right now, is himself. He's struggling with his confidence.

He's actually got a decent back-to-the-basket game, and can hit the foul line jumper. Maybe the coaching staff should work to get some closer looks for Patterson, instead of parking him beyond the arc.
    Agreed. You can see his confidence has gone to shit. He is passing up on way too many wide open looks and it's hurting our offense

Post Thanks / Like

2Pat has sucked so hard the first few games.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned this yesterday somewhere...that I read a piece (no link) where PP indicated he worked on his 3 pt shot in the off season to provide the stretch PF needs for the team this year. Did he tinker with his form? Not only has the offense sputtered but it seems to have affected his defense as well. And he was counted on greatly this year. Hope they figure it out. The suggestion in the thread to eliminate his long range shots for a while seems like a good idea until he gets his mojo and game back....especially with Amir on the limp.

Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We worried about the wrong contract year guy

7. Like bryan colangelo liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

But that completely takes away the point of having a player like Patterson. He's not a bruiser who can hang inside, if he's not stretching the D then he's not really helping your team.

Post Thanks / Like

10. Like Mindlessness, Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope so

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    But that completely takes away the point of having a player like Patterson. He's not a bruiser who can hang inside, if he's not stretching the D then he's not really helping your team.
    Not sure I completely agree. I mean, nobody is mistaking Patterson for Channing Frye. He certainly has the bulk and size to bang down low.

And if floor-spacing is his primary purpose, just pick-&-pop a few feet closer to the basket (at least until he starts making buckets again).

Even his jump hook from the low block seems to be a better move than anything in Jonas' repertoire.

Raptors Republic Veteran iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I mentioned this yesterday somewhere...that I read a piece (no link) where PP indicated he worked on his 3 pt shot in the off season to provide the stretch PF needs for the team this year. Did he tinker with his form? Not only has the offense sputtered but it seems to have affected his defense as well. And he was counted on greatly this year. Hope they figure it out. The suggestion in the thread to eliminate his long range shots for a while seems like a good idea until he gets his mojo and game back....especially with Amir on the limp.
    maybe that was an article on hansbrough? cause hes been saying the same thing (trying to increase his production/worth by including the 3pt shot).

patterson has always been a decent shot from downtown throughout his career.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I completely agree. I mean, nobody is mistaking Patterson for Channing Frye. He certainly has the bulk and size to bang down low.

And if floor-spacing is his primary purpose, just pick-&-pop a few feet closer to the basket (at least until he starts making buckets again).

Even his jump hook from the low block seems to be a better move than anything in Jonas' repertoire.
    This is funny, because I've thought Pat is a pretty terrible post player. He tends to settle for jumpers/fadeaways anyway when he posts up. He struggles getting in deep, and doesn't finish very well in post up situations.

15. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2pat is in a mini slump. Nothing more nothing less. Hes the least of my worries right now. Missing shots you normally make evens itself out over 82 games, defensive effort and iso ball from certain players is our biggest concern.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    This is funny, because I've thought Pat is a pretty terrible post player. He tends to settle for jumpers/fadeaways anyway when he posts up. He struggles getting in deep, and doesn't finish very well in post up situations.
    True, but he makes those shots. He shot 58% inside 10 ft. last year (as per Basketball Reference).

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Patterson missed a dunk last night that he really needed. He went to rip the rim off. Instead it clanked off the back iron, and I think the play had already been blown dead.

It was a frustration dunk, that probably became more frustrating when he missed it.

I like PPat, I hope he has a bounce back against OKC. I also hope Amir is back by then because having to guard Ibaka probably won't be that great for his confidence.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

True, but he makes those shots. He shot 58% inside 10 ft. last year (as per Basketball Reference).
    I think that has more to do with him being smart/opportunistic. He takes quick shots when the D isn't set, and he smartly takes smaller opponents down into the post, where even if he is just going to use a little jumper, it's much easier to finish over them. He's not been very good trying to post up other bigs. Heck, he couldn't even really post up Pierce's fat ass in the playoffs.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

everything about PP.

So far, from what I can see...useless unless he's hitting shots.

until I see different, thats all I need to know.

Raptors Republic Veteran iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    2pat is in a mini slump. Nothing more nothing less. Hes the least of my worries right now. Missing shots you normally make evens itself out over 82 games, defensive effort and iso ball from certain players is our biggest concern.
    its a pretty big worry if amir johnson has to sit out for any extended time this year.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    its a pretty big worry if amir johnson has to sit out for any extended time this year.
    Of course, but my point being I dont expect 2Pat to shoot terribly all season. He starts with 3 bad games and everyone thinks his career is over. Shooting is something that comes and goes, like hitting in baseball. Even the greatest hitters will have very cold streaks, it just so happens it's at the very start of the season for Pat.
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

24. Like planetmars liked this post
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information