Houston @ Toronto 7:00 SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    Lol no guys I'm not. I guess I should have said I love the way Demar has grown.
    This is getting graphic

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      This is getting graphic
      Game has grown! LOL. Okay let me shut up ahaha
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
        Have you noticed that everything you say is purely sensationalistic?
        Str

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        straight up for Harrison Barnes.

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
          Have you noticed that everything you say is purely sensationalistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          If you don't like my sensational posts feel free to block.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            Absolutely right. And people in general should put more thought into their posts.

We all realize that 5 guys who play poorly for and 8 minute stretch haven't proved that a team is composed of scrubs.

We all realize that poor play that results in a win doesn't mean that the Raps won't tighten up in the playoffs, because, you know, they will realize they are in the playoffs.

We all realize that long two's are, relatively speaking, worse choices for shots then shots in the paint or 3's, unless the opponents are packing the paint and double teaming 3 pt shot takers.

We all realize that DeMar isn't a franchise player, but he has a role to play on the Raptors, and he draws defenders, and he is still learning how to pass out of double teams, and he is actually not a bad shooter from 15 feet out.

And realizing all of these things, we should let them inform our thought processes when we post, as opposed to getting all wound up and then throwing any shit that comes into our minds out there for the world to see.

I could say something about the inequality of people making thoughtless posts and then expecting thoughtful ones in response, but that would be just too snarky, so pretend you didn't read this.
            This is a game thread with many posting in real time.

If someone is making a comment in real time and it is appropriate to that moment in time and thing s change, like they did in this game by the deep bench no less, I don't know why people need to throw that in their face after the fact.

It is a live game thread.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              This is a game thread with many posting in real time.

If someone is making a comment in real time and it is appropriate to that moment in time and thing s change, like they did in this game by the deep bench no less, I don't know why people need to throw that in their face after the fact.

It is a live game thread.
              Exactly!
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                So what if people make silly comments in a game thread. People are really invested into the game emotionally and are bound to overreaction to bad plays or runs from the opponent. Someone going through the thread from the beginning and nitpicking peoples posts after the fact and adding a snarky comment is just as or more annoying IMO.
                Far less annoying in my opinion. I freaking hate it when the thread starts with people shitting all over the Raptors and how doomed we are. Maybe having someone remind them at the end of the game what foolish statements they made earlier will encourage them to hold their tongue a little longer next time they wanna take a dump on the team.

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                  You can't deny that he gets a lot of calls from pump fakes some are warranted but most are questionable. Yes he drives but not often enough. He's already playing like he's been in the league for 12 years. DeMar has tired legs and it shows. That is worry some to me. What will he be like at 28 or 32? Is this an investment that will yield a great return? Buy low, sell high. Just saying :P
                  I think most of DD's calls on pump fakes are not only warranted, they're obvious. Demar pump fakes, the defender leaves his feet to attempt a block, and Demar puts his body into the defender drawing the foul. Same shit all great SG's do. Driving to the basket is way more of a judgement call from the ref. They could literally call most drives to the basket either way, and against a team like the Heat, we probably won't get many of those calls. Hence why people shouldn't be shitting so much on the mid range game.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    I think most of DD's calls on pump fakes are not only warranted, they're obvious. Demar pump fakes, the defender leaves his feet to attempt a block, and Demar puts his body into the defender drawing the foul. Same shit all great SG's do. Driving to the basket is way more of a judgement call from the ref. They could literally call most drives to the basket either way, and against a team like the Heat, we probably won't get many of those calls. Hence why people shouldn't be shitting so much on the mid range game.
                    I strongly disagree
                    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Far less annoying in my opinion. I freaking hate it when the thread starts with people shitting all over the Raptors and how doomed we are. Maybe having someone remind them at the end of the game what foolish statements they made earlier will encourage them to hold their tongue a little longer next time they wanna take a dump on the team.
                      Fans are emotional. It's no different than when people start talking about how we can take Indi easily in the 2nd round and should really start planning for an ECF showdown with Miami, right before a loss to the Celtics or whoever. Fans get high when the team is doing well and low when the team is doing bad, which the instantaneous access of the net only serves to magnify.

The easiest thing to do is to try and remember not to get too high or low, and to avoid posts that reflect your temporary extreme state of mind. Hahaha ya right, this is a forum in real time, as others have said! I think the onus is on readers to remember to apply context to posts, rather than take each and every one so literally!

GLF gets teased for his in-game mood swings, but I find it entertaining and appreciate his passion. I'm not the least bit worried about his health hmmm... should I be??? lol

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Fans are emotional. It's no different than when people start talking about how we can take Indi easily in the 2nd round and should really start planning for an ECF showdown with Miami, right before a loss to the Celtics or whoever. Fans get high when the team is doing well and low when the team is doing bad, which the instantaneous access of the net only serves to magnify.

The easiest thing to do is to try and remember not to get too high or low, and to avoid posts that reflect your temporary extreme state of mind. Hahaha ya right, this is a forum in real time, as others have said! I think the onus is on readers to remember to apply context to posts, rather than take each and every one so literally!

GLF gets teased for his in-game mood swings, but I find it entertaining and appreciate his passion. I'm not the least bit worried about his health hmmm... should I be??? lol
                        LMAO thank you very much. I appreciate that. And I'm in good health so no need to worry ahaha

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

I'm all about the wild mood swings, it what makes watching the games while following the game thread so fun. But if people wanna write silly stuff in the thread throughout the game (e.g. no lowry = doomed), then they don't get to complain when somebody calls bullshit on their silly comments. It's just the risk you take when you make those comments.

The complaining reminds me of one of my buddies who loves to make fun of other people, but the second anyone makes fun of him, he gets extremely defensive.

Basically, if it's too hot for you, get the fuck outta the kitchen.

Comment

• Attacking the basket is way better because it gets the bigs in foul trouble. Getting the team's bigs in foul trouble is key as it forces them to go to less talented bench players to quarterback their defense and rebound....two major keys of winning basketball games that take a hit just by driving instead of leaning into perimeter players for the foul call

Comment

I'm all about the wild mood swings, it what makes watching the games while following the game thread so fun. But if people wanna write silly stuff in the thread throughout the game (e.g. no lowry = doomed), then they don't get to complain when somebody calls bullshit on their silly comments. It's just the risk you take when you make those comments.

The complaining reminds me of one of my buddies who loves to make fun of other people, but the second anyone makes fun of him, he gets extremely defensive.

Basically, if it's too hot for you, get the fuck outta the kitchen.
                              First off, it's an opinion, not a statement of fact. Second, it's not like a single game proves anything about anything.

I'm will to bet that somebody who feels the Raptors are 'doomed' without Lowry wouldn't be swayed because they beat a Houston team with Howard/Beverley. How can BS be called without knowing what context 'doom' is even meant? Were they referring to a single game, to the team's post-season chances, to the likelihood of getting past the 2nd round, or something else?

Disagreeing is one thing, but going through a thread with the benefit of hind-sight and targeting specific posts/posters, just seems to be a little excessive to me. To each their own, I never expect everybody to agree with me anyway, so I don't take posts personally.
                              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Apr 3, 2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Gotta give some props to CalgaryRapsFan for that last post. And OldSkoolCool you hit the nail directly on its head. Respect!
                                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Working...
                                X