No announcement yet.

Ed Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no thanks. i'd rather a PF that can at least stretch the floor a little bit like patterson.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      no thanks. i'd rather a PF that can at least stretch the floor a little bit like patterson.
      yeah i agree. with a SG who doesn't stretch the floor all that much, we need a little help elsewhere.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Whoa HANDSBRO plays basketball ?
        Think of Hansbrough as part of the team's security staff who happens to wear a uniform.

Comment

psychotic is gone probably next season, he wants to start. So Davis would be in the forward rotation with Amir,Patterson filling in at the 5 when they go small ball. Offer whatever we offer to Patterson and let Vasquez walk,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Think of Hansbrough as part of the team's security staff who happens to wear a uniform.
            Or a WWE wrestler
            LMAO

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
              seriously though I liked ed davis and wouldn't mind him back
              only thing is with Johnson, hansborough, and Patterson where would he fit in ?
              You don't exercise Psycho T's option, because Davis is by far the superior power forward. Psycho T does one thing extremely well, which is draw fouls; everything else with him is hustle disguising lack of skill. Davis is better at all things basketball than Tyler except for drawing fouls, and if you can get Davis for $3-5m per year (and you should be able to, both because the league is PF-heavy right now and because Davis would probably love to come back here, since his closest basketball friends are all Raptors and he loved playing here), that's a straight upgrade.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                You don't exercise Psycho T's option, because Davis is by far the superior power forward. Psycho T does one thing extremely well, which is draw fouls; everything else with him is hustle disguising lack of skill. Davis is better at all things basketball than Tyler except for drawing fouls, and if you can get Davis for $3-5m per year (and you should be able to, both because the league is PF-heavy right now and because Davis would probably love to come back here, since his closest basketball friends are all Raptors and he loved playing here), that's a straight upgrade.
                Also I liked Davis because he's an solid rim protector unlike Tyler
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

It has nothing to do with being an ex-raptor just the best available big. It also let's us draft a sf instead of gfamblke on Willy Cauley Stein if he is available at #20

Comment

he is broken in half!! lol

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      It has nothing to do with being an ex-raptor just the best available big. It also let's us draft a sf instead of gfamblke on Willy Cauley Stein if he is available at #20

We don't need PFs. I'd hope we wouldn't draft one.

We do need a backup C though.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                        Worst case scenario - Davis replaces Hansborough as the team's $3M 3rd string PF

Best case scenario - Davis rejuvenates his career and once again becomes Amir-lite making less than half the money, making Amir, his expiring contract and wonky ankles (who likely wants a raise from his current $7M salary) expendable as trade bait.

Truth be told, I think all of these PFs - Amir, Patterson, Hansborough and Davis - are all best suited for the backup PF / 3rd big role on a contending team. I'd still rather look for an upgrade at the starting PF spot, with one of these guys (likely Patterson since he offers a different skillset) as the backup PF.

For a single season, I'd be fine with swapping Hansborough for Davis, but it won't have a significant long-term impact either way.
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Apr 4, 2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Ed Davis is an RFA and Memphis may not match offers
                          There's a very good reason for that. He's not very good.

Special Ed ain't so Special.

Comment

He played OK in Memphis just got stuck behind ZBo and the other PF. Memphis needed scoring not defense same situation as PPat with the Kings.

Comment

He played OK in Memphis just got stuck behind ZBo and the other PF. Memphis needed scoring not defense same situation as PPat with the Kings.

meanwhile we are lacking scoring on the PF front, not defense. so why would we want ed davis back. if he somehow replaces amir? maybe. other than that, no.

Comment

I think the offense runs through Val down low and PPat brings offence on the second unit Davis can fill in for Val or Amir in case of injury or foul trouble and provides rebounding with a stretch 4. An offensive PF just clogs the lane and eats the clock when we have athletic wings. We need a SF who can defend and rebound , like Fields he just never plays. TRoss should be a SG he just need to learn to handle the ball better

Comment

Working...
                                X