Ed Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magoon wrote: View Post
    You don't exercise Psycho T's option, because Davis is by far the superior power forward. Psycho T does one thing extremely well, which is draw fouls; everything else with him is hustle disguising lack of skill. Davis is better at all things basketball than Tyler except for drawing fouls, and if you can get Davis for $3-5m per year (and you should be able to, both because the league is PF-heavy right now and because Davis would probably love to come back here, since his closest basketball friends are all Raptors and he loved playing here), that's a straight upgrade.
    Hansbrough is the better offensive rebounder. He's also the better free throw shooter, which is why Davis' eFG% is much better, but their TS% are almost identical. Davis has a higher PER, but their WS and WS/48 are almost identical.

Not as much of an upgrade as you seem to think.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

But Davis can also play the 5 which Hands can't really

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        I think the offense runs through Val down low and PPat brings offence on the second unit Davis can fill in for Val or Amir in case of injury or foul trouble and provides rebounding with a stretch 4. An offensive PF just clogs the lane and eats the clock when we have athletic wings. We need a SF who can defend and rebound , like Fields he just never plays. TRoss should be a SG he just need to learn to handle the ball better

i dont want a whole new player that takes up space and cap on the roster just to be amirs bandaid.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          There's a very good reason for that. He's not very good.

Special Ed ain't so Special.
          This summs it up 100%
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

If the role is Amir Johnson band aid...I'd rather draft Patric Young in the second round pay him less than 1 million instead of 5
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Hansbrough is the better offensive rebounder. He's also the better free throw shooter, which is why Davis' eFG% is much better, but their TS% are almost identical. Davis has a higher PER, but their WS and WS/48 are almost identical.

Not as much of an upgrade as you seem to think.
              Also Davis has a far greater tendency to have invisible moments. Hansbrough has bad games, for sure, but his style of play means he very frequently makes his presence felt on the court at least by being physical, hustling under the glass, and just getting under the other team's skin.

Davis could be a serious non-factor. Just coast and not do much of anything on the court. He definitely has more talent, but he just doesn't really make much of an effort frequently enough. He's also not very physical. He just coasts too much.

Comment

Patrick Young is a rookie center vs Davis who isn't plus developing another first round center now isn't productive. It takes years to learn NBA defense plus Davis is coming from Memphis so he is fundamentally sound the coaches want him back management doesn't. one million sitting on the bench is less useful than five playing. Stone and Buycks vs Andre Miller.

Comment

Energy guys are different from rotation guys a rookie PF can be an energy guy by playing offence in a rotation you can't have defensive breakdowns. Acy just came in and grabbed boards and ran the floor rookies can do that.

Comment

Patrick Young is a rookie center vs Davis who isn't plus developing another first round center now isn't productive. It takes years to learn NBA defense plus Davis is coming from Memphis so he is fundamentally sound the coaches want him back management doesn't. one million sitting on the bench is less useful than five playing. Stone and Buycks vs Andre Miller.

Davis is still pretty raw though. He'll be going into his 5th year, and still needs a lot of work (i.e. development).

One could argue that developing a younger player with upside (e.g. Patrick Young) is a better long-term plan than spending those resources on Davis, who will likely be signing his last NBA contract before he ends up in Europe.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Davis is still pretty raw though. He'll be going into his 5th year, and still needs a lot of work (i.e. development).

One could argue that developing a younger player with upside (e.g. Patrick Young) is a better long-term plan than spending those resources on Davis, who will likely be signing his last NBA contract before he ends up in Europe.
                      Patric Young has no upside hes most likely gonna be a 10th man at best and he is only 2 years older then Ed
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

You can grab a big next year since TO has two picks and they need a serviceable big now and a SF with size like Deng or Harrison Barnes. We should have picked one up at the trade deadline in the off season Davis looks like the best option. They need serviceable roster depth not a star.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Patric Young has no upside hes most likely gonna be a 10th man at best and he is only 2 years older then Ed
                          I only mentioned Patrick Young because he was mentioned earlier in the thread, but for the sake of this conversation, we could replace him with any other young, unproven big man.

Comment

You can grab a big next year since TO has two picks and they need a serviceable big now and a SF with size like Deng or Harrison Barnes. We should have picked one up at the trade deadline in the off season Davis looks like the best option. They need serviceable roster depth not a star.

Davis is just in zero ways an upgrade for this roster. If Patterson signs elsewhere and Davis is signed, I'd even say our roster is downgraded.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              You mean younger....and a 10th man if you can get him with, say a pick in the late 50s, is an excellent pickup. Most guys in that range never see NBA minutes.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Davis is just in zero ways an upgrade for this roster. If Patterson signs elsewhere and Davis is signed, I'd even say our roster is downgraded.
                                Yes Patterson is better and We cannot let 2PAT leave this team
                                Last edited by MACK11; Fri Apr 4, 2014, 04:05 PM.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X