Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideal Roster For Next Season? Vince Carter Involved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magoon wrote: View Post
    PG: Lowry, De Colo, Tyler Ennis
    SG: DeRozan, Vince Carter, Thanasis Antetokounmpo
    SF: Ross, Fields, Melvin Ejim
    PF: Amir, 2Pat, Psycho T
    C: Val, Hayes, Ed Davis

Draft Ennis first round (I think he'll potentially fall to #20 and if he doesn't he should be available for our own #20 pick and a small expense, a future second-rounder or Novak or similar), draft Thanasis with Sac's pick, draft Ejim with OKC's pick. Resign Lowry and 2Pat, sign Carter and Davis.
    I really like this lineup. Only problem would be is tennis doesn't slip our backup pg is a little weak. Vince meh either way. Thanasis why not take a chance if we can grab him in 2nd if he deserves mins he would get if not he sits on bench. Eijm ditto.

The bigs in this would be ideal if we could maintain that. I almost feel like there wouldn't be enough mins to go around.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      Haven't started one of these in awhile..

Anyways, let's think way ahead of ourselves here, and pretend we are Masai Ujiri. Let's think next season: 20th anniversary, season before 2016 All-Star Weekend, possibly an improving play-off team INTO a contender(?).

My question to you is, what is your ideal roster for next season? And why?

MINE:

Long post here:

PG: Lowry, Vasquez, De Colo, Buycks, Stone
      SG: DeRozan, Salmons
      SF: Ross, Fields, Novak
      PF: Amir, PP, Hansbrough
      C: JV, Hayes

I'd like to see THIS next season:

PG: Lowry, Vasquez, De Colo
      SG: DeRozan, Vince Carter
      SF: Ross, Novak, Fields, (possibly the 1st round pick)
      PF: Johnson, PP, Hansbrough (Good quality of 4's, good rotations)
      C: JV, Hayes (keep as a veteran big), (possibly the 1st round pick)

The situation with Fields is funny to me though, I'd definitely like to see him traded because Casey's leaving his skillset to waste, he's a good player, which could net us a solid return, despite low trade value (expiring next season I believe, too). Otherwise, no problem with him staying.

I'd also like to see the 1st round pick go to a small forward, for there are a TON of prospects at that position, and the centre behind JV is a need for upgrade.

Reason I didn't make very many changes is considering the team still is a little tight with cap, however the team's current core is play-off material. With that being said, it still lacks a star. What I want from this roster, is a bit more scoring/veteran play off the bench with Vince Carter (and the argument for him to come back is dissected HERE).

http://www.raptorscage.ca/report-rap...g-back-carter/

Along with production and veteran-ship from the bench, I've obviously acknowledged the 1st round pick, and I would like to see that go to a small-forward or centre. Ross has gotten inconsistent help from Salmons, Fields - no playing time - and Novak, who is a very short-stinted option.

Accoriding to Draft Express (http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/), we are pinned taking SF Jerami Grant, with guys like SF T.J. Warren, SF Kyle Anderson, SF Rodney Hood within our reach. Personally, thinking realistically and hopefully, a guy like Willie Cauley-Stein is someone of interest to me.

What is your guys' realistic, but ideal roster for next season?

I'd Rather get Rasho back to be the 3rd C than give Wince another shot.

Comment

Ideal and trying to be realistic

PG: Lowry, Ennis, De Colo
        SG: DeMar, Carter, Fields (Jodie Meeks if Carter is not coming)
        SF: Ross, Aminu/Ariza/Battier, 2nd rd pick (would really like to pick up a wing with one of our 2nd rounders if we keep both)
        PF: Amir, 2Pat, Hansbrough
        C: JV, Okafor/2nd rd pick, Hayes

I'd like to move Hayes out and bring Okafor in. Not sure Hayes is movable at least til in the season. If we can't move him, and Okafor won't come or doesn't seem recovered from his health issues, would like to use one 2nd rounder for a guy who can play C.

If we can draft Ennis, no point in re-signing Vasquez and De Colo looks like he's good enough to be the emergency PG and wing.

I'd like to bring in Carter if possible, but if not, I'd still like a SG who can shoot or score to some degree. Jodie Meeks could be a nice fallback option.

Would like to draft a wing with one of our 2nd rounders, and preferably one with size to play SF...and also sign a defensive SF. Not sure Battier would come or has enough left in the tank, but would be quite happy with Aminu or Ariza.

PF is pretty set if we retain 2Pat. Might be the position where we could most obviously use a talent upgrade in the starting unit, but I just don't see a real option (unless a surprise trade happens) this summer.

If we end up drafting a C with one of our 2nd rounders, this makes it more worthwhile to keep Tyler. He's kind of the odd man out already, but he brings nice things to the table. But if we sign Okafor, and keep Hayes, Amir and 2Pat, might be a good time to shop him (and maybe use a 2nd rounder on a big who can play PF or both big spots).

*EDIT: Just realized I forgot about Novak in general. I suppose he just fits in as the shooter if they don't sign 2 more wings. But if I can get the guys I want, I shop Novak hard and just take whatever any team is willing to offer, as long as it means opening up a roster spot (so picks or a contract I can waive).

I won't get into ideal in a total fantasy way...
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Apr 5, 2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Harrison Barnes isn't working out in GSW. They don't have a pick and no cap space they want a mobile 4. If Toronto drafts Grant, Payne @ 20 they flip for Barnes. GSW were willing to trade Barnes for a second and a PF.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I know a lot of you are putting together fantasy scenarios but from a realistic standpoint I think our nucleus is pretty good. You don't want to mess with it too much, we have a good team that gets along and has great chemistry. Swap out Salmon's for Carter and let a few pieces go that are occupying space (Stone, Buycks, etc). If you can get a backup center like Okafor or Jermaine O'Neal on a vet minimum than great. For our draft pick take the best positional player available. I think we should start our year like this:

PG: Lowry, Vasquez, De Colo
            SG: DeRozan, Carter
            SF: Ross, Fields, Novak
            PF: Johnson, PP, Hansborough
            C: Val, Okafor/JO, Hayes

Maybe dump Fields and Hayes at the trade deadline or keep them as expirings to free up cap space for the following season. De Colo, Hayes, Novak, our draft pick and to a lesser degree Fields & Hansborough won't see as much daylight as they'd like but we wouldn't be over our cap and would have incredible depth in case of injuries.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, you've already said a bunch of times you want Barnes, I get the picture.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                Yes, you've already said a bunch of times you want Barnes, I get the picture.
                The question is, Why?
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Okafor maybe finished his injury is pretty bad. Field/Novak maybe tradeable as expirings. Hayes/Novak/Field for Eric Gordon may work for Pels and Raptors. Jermaine ONeil us OK but Raps have zero cap space in 2014.

Comment

No, we do not need an undersized 2 guard with shit knees and very little desire.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                      No, we do not need an undersized 2 guard with shit knees and very little desire.
                      and an even shittier attitude
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Barnes is on Rookie if he doesn't work out gone as RFA. Otherwise resignable with Ross/Val when raps have cap space. Lockup Ross/Val/Barnes for 3-4 years when they are cheap as DeRozan and Amir is expiring and Lowry and PPat hopefully resigned. Timing works better than rookie or vet and he's available.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Okafor maybe finished his injury is pretty bad. Field/Novak maybe tradeable as expirings. Hayes/Novak/Field for Eric Gordon may work for Pels and Raptors. Jermaine ONeil us OK but Raps have zero cap space in 2014.

Okafor & J O'Neal are both pretty fragile but if they're cleared to play and we can get them for cheap why not, otherwise use our pick on the backup C or potentially pull a minor trade for one. Ditching Salmons would give us enough cash to sign Carter and potentially O'Neal/Okafor.

Novak isn't an expiring contract and I'm not sure if we really need Eric Gordon, or if the Pelicans would even pull that trade until the trade deadline.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post

Eric Gordon? Never. I wouldn't touch that guy with a 10 foot pole.

And JO? Dude is done. Okafor may be done as well...but JO has been washed up for like 4 years now, can't stay healthy enough to play more than around half a season (55 games is his high the last 4 years). He has glass knees now and is basically not a guy you can count on to contribute consistently at all.

Okafor has a herniated disc in his neck. No clue what that means long-term. It could be something he can never really shake in terms of persistent pain. But originally, he was planning to play again late this season or in the playoffs....So who knows, maybe he can make a full recovery, and if he does, we have one of the best sports medicine teams around to help keep him healthy. **Oh, and Okafor has had some ankle issues, but nothing insane. He's missed a lot of games a couple of years, but has also had multiple healthy years where he missed little to no time. I'm only really worried about the hernia.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Apr 5, 2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Eric Gordon expires in 2014 I think we basically shed Novak and 2 expiring and clear more space for one player who may play. Pels tank hard with a team with Holiday and Davis in a year they have a pick looking for a third part in the draft.

Comment

Yeah Barnes & Gordon are both unnecessary, and even more so if Carter actually returns for his farewell tour. We need a mentor for Val or at very least someone who can give him decent rest and isn't as undersized as Hayes to protect the rim.

Comment

Working...
                                X