No announcement yet.

JV and Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacers Down 33-11 to ATL in the 1st quarter LMAO!!!!!!!!!
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      He's not gonna be a sixth man he's gonna play alongside Kobe till he retires
      Bro we are talking about the clippers. On the lakers, it just doesn't make sense I don't know
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I think the topic was teams that may be desperate for a SG that would give up a package like the Pels did for Holiday. Warriors were desperate for Crawford and he has injury problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          Neither ross or dd have any handles.
          Ross has a really good handle actually...

What makes you think he has a bad handle?

JawsGT wrote: View Post
          Well Demar has been pretty successful this season utilizing the mid range game without ever being run off the line. His use of screens has improved dramatically, which is predominantly how he gets free, and he seems to be using it more to get into the paint. Teams are gonna have to play pretty impressive defense to completely shut down the options that Demar can generate off those screens.

We do not know Ross would be a bad 6th man. You really can't make that judgement based on his rookie season and the 18 games this season with Rudy in the lineup. With his 3pt shooting and any improvement to his handles and finishing would make him much more suitable to a 6th man role than Demar would IMO. He isn't Crawford or Ginobili now, but he could be. I wasn't suggesting that we should put him in that role now of course.
          DD has done a really good job on screens, but what happens when defenses go up a notch? He already is barely getting his shot off at times...also he is inconsistent on the jumper and if he can go long stretches without making a bucket and it will really hurt the team.

Ross would make a poor sixth man because his skill set is better utilized as a starter who can stretch the floor with his shot. Let's not hamper our players ability to play their best by forcing them into improper roles.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Ross has a really good handle actually...

What makes you think he has a bad handle?

DD has done a really good job on screens, but what happens when defenses go up a notch? He already is barely getting his shot off at times...also he is inconsistent on the jumper and if he can go long stretches without making a bucket and it will really hurt the team.

Ross would make a poor sixth man because his skill set is better utilized as a starter who can stretch the floor with his shot. Let's not hamper our players ability to play their best by forcing them into improper roles.
            Do you think they are better than Jamal Crawford, I don't think so

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Pacers Down 33-11 to ATL in the 1st quarter LMAO!!!!!!!!!
              Haahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahha

It's 37-13, just starting the second.

Hibbert is 0-4, has 0 points, 0 boards, 0 assists, 0 steals and 0 blocks.

Glad we have JV.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

So if you don't have a Jamal Crawford handle you don't have a good handle?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  So if you don't have a Jamal Crawford handle you don't have a good handle?
                  You guys are not reading the argument between me and raptors999. Shits getting intense.

But I'm just saying that Crawford has like the best I've seen for a bench player

Comment

Crawford isn't a bench player he is the sixth man. Could he start yes but he handles the offense without Paul. DD next season can play without Lowry, Ross can't. Indy tried Evan Turner but it's failing miserably. Playoff sixth men are starters on other teams.

Comment

Neither ross or dd have any handles. Using them as sixth men would not be very smart. And I'm pretty sure you could trade dd for the best 6 man in the game Jamal Crawford. I heard doc likes demar and Crawford lights shit up
                      You lose your credibility when you say Ross has no handles.

To be an effective sixth man, you have to be able to create your own shot. Crawford is a perfect example of this. I agree DeMar would be an ineffective bench guy; he struggles in iso's and needs screens to get open shots.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

DeMar is improving on creating shots. Ross can't and has trouble deciding when to shot or drive. DeMar already plays without Lowry with GV and PPat

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          DeMar is improving on creating shots. Ross can't and has trouble deciding when to shot or drive. DeMar already plays without Lowry with GV and PPat

Obviously Ross' decision making will get better in the future, and yes, DeMar has made some strides in creating offense.

But, eye test just tells me Ross will be a more effective ISO guy than DeRozan. We're already seeing flashes of it.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Much higher Ceiling. Ross will learn more starting and playing next to Lowry hopefully like DeMar did this season. DeMar can figure out how to play now on his own like he is doing now without Amir our Lowry vs Indy, Houston, and the Bucks

Comment

When did Jamal Crawford's become the standard for good ball handling? Jamal has probably one of the most unique cross overs in the history of the nba, that's a pretty damn high standard...

I want to know why you think Ross does not have a good handle, and not, using Jamal Crawford does not answer this question.

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              But, eye test just tells me Ross will be a more effective ISO guy than DeRozan. We're already seeing flashes of it.
                              I don't doubt that Ross will be a better ISO guy than DD.

But Ross' abilities in the ISO will never be great, yet his abilities to play off the ball will be great. So why take away from his game and put him in a position to fail? Play him to his strengths.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                I don't doubt that Ross will be a better ISO guy than DD.

But Ross' abilities in the ISO will never be great, yet his abilities to play off the ball will be great. So why take away from his game and put him in a position to fail? Play him to his strengths.
                                I agree. Certainly not advocating a switch.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X