No announcement yet.

DeMar DeRozan: The new Jrue Holiday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love is another RFA. Trade him or lose him they may want too rebuild Rubio and DeRozan hoping to resign DD. I don't think its likely but TO giving up DD Ross and picks for one year of love is a desperation move.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dd just can't win with this fan base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        If the Raptors get a complete desperation move like the Pelicans. GSW are a good candidate maybe the Clippers especially if they fall short in the Playoffs. Mavericks too.

Golden State is one of the only teams in the league that won't be looking for an upgrade at the wing. They have Iggy, Thompson and a still developing Barnes. Why on Earth would they trade assets for DeMar?

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Dd just can't win with this fan base.

LOOOOOL did you not read the OP?
          Nobody is throwing away DD for nothing
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

They wanted a sixth man after Crawford and Jackson wanted DD. It depends on the playoffs and when and how long Crawford gets injured next season

Comment

DeMar DeRozan: The new Jrue Holiday?

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              LOOOOOL did you not read the OP?
              Nobody is throwing away DD for nothing
              None of the players you give have mention make this team better though?

Just leads to more losing.

Dd is a proven commodity. A proven All-star. You guys want to trade for a guy that might be an All-Star?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Like Whitemen said Id only do this if we can't resign Lowry this offseason
                Because this team without Lowry is stuck in no mans land
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Love is another RFA. Trade him or lose him they may want too rebuild Rubio and DeRozan hoping to resign DD. I don't think its likely but TO giving up DD Ross and picks for one year of love is a desperation move.

Doooodeeee kev love is not a Rfa. He makes like 15 mil.
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Dd is a proven commodity. A proven All-star. You guys want to trade for a guy that might be an All-Star?

I feel you man, I don't know why err body wants to trade him
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      It all depends on Lowry. If he walks, I have no problem shopping DeMar starting this summer. Unfortunately, we may not know Lowry's intent until after the draft. But with Lowry gone, this team can't really make any noise for the next couple of years, so may as well commit to a rebuild.

If Lowry stays, DeMar's deal is a good one, and fully movable if an amazing offer comes along. And if not, and he decides to opt out before the 4th year of his deal, that's no big deal. We'll have oodles of capspace to work with, and Ross will be around to lock down one of the starting wing spots.

I don't think Masai needs to feel any pressure to do anything drastic and he can just keep an ear open to options that become available.

I very strongly doubt that DeMar brings 2 quality lottery picks back in a deal. Not to be forgotten in this comparison with Holiday...NOP has absolutely terrible management, and one of the picks (Nerlens Noel) was in what could easily turn out to be the worst draft in NBA history, and they really didn't protect the 2nd pick (for this year) enough. So if the expectation is to get a 2014 lottery pick and 2015 one as well....I wouldn't get my hopes too high. This draft is still quite strong, and next year's doesn't look bad either. Would need to con a poorly managed team...but many of them have already dealt away this year's or future picks. And if we're talking late-lottery picks, I don't think that's very good value (say two #12s in a row or something).

If Lowry re-signs and you trade DeMar for picks, you're probably taking a step back for the next couple of years and keeping Lowry at a fairly high price. Why not just let Lowry walk or S&T him? I think if Lowry stays, DeMar is pretty safe here until Masai gets an offer he can't refuse, or DeMar opts out (which he will certainly do if he has another couple years like this).

This summer could be interesting, it could also be very tame. And I think the key is that Masai doesn't need to do anything drastic. This team is in a good position with assets and flexibility, as well as a fair amount of leverage, even some limited amount with Lowry's situation.

Also, I feel like Ujiri and Weltman's draft prowess gets super exaggerated. It's still a difficult process. They both have hits and misses, so even if they do a fairly good job, it doesn't mean you can easily replace a starting all-star level player with a couple of picks. So again, no need to feel pressed into doing something.

I'd actually take the other side.

I'd rather see Lowry signed at DD money for next 4 seasons.

I think that keep Raps competitive (ie. playoff team) and opens door for big free agent signing in 2015 or 2016 in addition to draft additions.

Comment

It's just shooting the shit.

There are definitely situations where it makes sense to trade DD.

And there is always risk involved in trying to make your team better, especially in the long run. Often that risk involves trading for picks and hoping you can hit a home run with them.

But again, as I said in my post, this team really doesn't need to feel pressed to do anything.

The only shitty thing is if Lowry walks and they have to start shopping DD for future picks (2015 and beyond). Which is definitely a possibility, though I do think this team has a good shot to retain Lowry as well.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          I'd actually take the other side.

I'd rather see Lowry signed at DD money for next 4 seasons.

I think that keep Raps competitive (ie. playoff team) and opens door for big free agent signing in 2015 or 2016 in addition to draft additions.
                          But I think of it like....How happy will Lowry be with a team that is likely to be worse for the next couple of years? Will it make some of his old antagonistic ways resurface? Will this hurt his performance? The team's? Youth development?

Chemistry can be fragile, and a situation can go south quite fast with the wrong kind of change.

*EDIT: And even if it doesn't go south, you're paying for prime Lowry when the team is not likely to improve, and then when you can sign someone, you'll probably need to be looking for Lowry's replacement. I just see Lowry and DeMar as very much a package deal at least for the next year or two.
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Apr 6, 2014, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Love is an unrestricted FA in 2015 if he opts out which is worse.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              But I think of it like....How happy will Lowry be with a team that is likely to be worse for the next couple of years? Will it make some of his old antagonistic ways resurface? Will this hurt his performance? The team's? Youth development?

Chemistry can be fragile, and a situation can go south quite fast with the wrong kind of change.
                              I think there are serious questions keeping Lowry with current core or not.

As for the team being worse, I'm not sure that happens. Obviously nothing happens in a vacuum and would depend on who else is brought in especially with those imaginary draft picks being returned for DD plus the added financial flexibility of losing DD's $9.5M in 2015 and 2016.

Comment

Love is an unrestricted FA in 2015 if he opts out which is worse.

Who is talking about trading for Love?

Wrong thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X