X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    Heck.

A Lakers opening day lineup of:

Exum, Bryant, Deng, Monroe, and Gasol isn't too shabby. They won't be great on defence, thats for sure. But thats still solid.
    That would be nice but it would take some 20 mil cap space more than what they have.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sat Apr 12, 2014, 12:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
      I don't think Phoenix needs another guard.
      Yep. Unless they decided they didn't want to pay Bledsoe.
      Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sat Apr 12, 2014, 12:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        I think DD will get traded in the summer for whoever picks A.Wiggins, might get traded to the 76ers for A.Wiggins + late Pick! Then we roll with

Lowry/Vazquez/DeColo
        Ross/V.Carter (Signed)/
        Wiggins/Fields/Novak
        FA/2Pat/Hansborough
        Val/Backup C/Hayes

Amir will get traded to + fillers

In a few years, we should be a championship team build with an experienced Wiggins, a good defender post up of a PF, Valanciunas.

I swear i was reading a heated argument between Special1 CRF and Matt ... then i saw YOUR post!!.. hahahaha way to go bro... you calm these guys down pretty good

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I think it goes without saying none of us know anything. There are no absolutes in this discussion.

Bold 1: If last year's draft was so weak, couldn't it be possible that a much better player is available at 9 this year than 6 last year?

Bold 2: Why do the Raptors have zero shot? I thought and still think DD has a lot of value. PGs are pretty important but the league has never been so deep at PG. SG on the otherhand has never been so weak. A team set at PG and weak at SG might have a different view.

Bold 3: 18 shots per game to spread around. There is also the fact of the unknown additions this summer.

Bold 4: I don't think this team would be gutted by trading DD. Let Lowry walk, trade DD, trade Amir, don't bring back PP and Vasquez, don't pick up Hansbrough option - that is gutting.

Bold 5: You mean no other team is going to improve?
          veryy interesting point... im particularly concerned abt the Charlotte Hornets next year.. they have cap space and Lotto picks this year to play around.. and are already a play-off thread...at least per kenny which I agree with

They can be much much better next year.. My Opinion that is.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            veryy interesting point... im particularly concerned abt the Charlotte Hornets next year.. they have cap space and Lotto picks this year to play around.. and are already a play-off thread...at least per kenny which I agree with

They can be much much better next year.. My Opinion that is.
            Charlotte has some cap space...

But they have no lotto picks. They traded their pick. They are owed picks from Portland and Detroit. Portland's they should get, and it will be in the 20s. Detroit's is top 8 protected, and they sit as the 8th worst record, so that's probably staying in Detroit. Their own pick goes to Chicago.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              I wouldn't bet against Kobe if i were you He was averaging 27ppg last year.

As for free agents, they're rumoured to be interested in Deng. Melo, if he opts out could end up in LA. You never know.

I also have this weird feeling that the Lakers are going to win the lottery and draft Wiggins.
              No, I probably shouldn't bet against Kobe. However any wager would not be against his mind or desire rather it would be his body. He has played about 54,000 NBA minutes (regular season and playoffs). The types of injuries he suffered a lot of players at his age don't come back from.

I don't think Deng puts them over any hump. What did Deng do for Cleveland? Sadly you could really make a good case that the Cavs actually have more talent than the Lakers right now.

May 20th we'll find out if your feelings are true. Right now they would be slated to pick 6th but the balls might say differently soon enough.

Comment

Derozan to Phoenix assuming Suns miss playoffs:

Return:
                14th pick 2014
                Miles Plumlee
                2015 Lakers pick

I'm tempted to add Washington's 2014 pick in but I feel that might be too much..... Lol Or not enough!
                That's really not a good trade.

That puts us in Stauskas/Ennis/Gordon range in the draft. None of whom really have star potential.

Miles Plumlee would be a great backup for Jonas, but I mean he would still be exactly that --- a backup.

2015 Lakers pick is a toss-up, but in all likelihood with Kobe back, Pau back and likely another impact player, they're not going to be in the top 10 again. People have already mentioned how they could potentially be rolling with Exum and Melo/Deng next year.

Comment

No, I probably shouldn't bet against Kobe. However any wager would not be against his mind or desire rather it would be his body. He has played about 54,000 NBA minutes (regular season and playoffs). The types of injuries he suffered a lot of players at his age don't come back from.

I don't think Deng puts them over any hump. What did Deng do for Cleveland? Sadly you could really make a good case that the Cavs actually have more talent than the Lakers right now.

May 20th we'll find out if your feelings are true. Right now they would be slated to pick 6th but the balls might say differently soon enough.
                  No you can't. Unless you're talking about the Lakers minus Kobe. Kyrie Irving is incredibly overrated, I'd argue that he isn't any better than DeRozan (both score 20+ppg not particularly efficiently, Irving's assist numbers are better because he's a PG, defense is a wash --- if not DeRozan is better on that end) and I think we can all agree that DeRozan is not better than Kobe when healthy. Not to mention that Pau is also better than every other player on the Cavs by a wide margin.

Deng would be an excellent complement to Kobe, help provide the Lakers with additional spacing and also improved defense on the wings. He'd do a lot for them actually...

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                    No you can't. Unless you're talking about the Lakers minus Kobe. Kyrie Irving is incredibly overrated, I'd argue that he isn't any better than DeRozan (both score 20+ppg not particularly efficiently, Irving's assist numbers are better because he's a PG, defense is a wash --- if not DeRozan is better on that end) and I think we can all agree that DeRozan is not better than Kobe when healthy. Not to mention that Pau is also better than every other player on the Cavs by a wide margin.

Deng would be an excellent complement to Kobe, help provide the Lakers with additional spacing and also improved defense on the wings. He'd do a lot for them actually...
                    Yes you can.

Comment

Yes you can.
                      Lol this is extremely childish.

Comment

• I actually don't think Ujiri is the cold, calculated robot that some seem to think. I honestly believe that a big part of the team's success this year has been because he's been able to establish chemistry from Leiweke all the way down to the players, and has empowered people all along that line: Casey and his staff, DD, Lowry, JV, Ross, etc. I genuinely think that the players are laying it all on the line for their GM, which isn't all that common in this sport. Leiweke and Ujiri preached family, accountability, and letting your commitment level to success dictate your role in the city and on the Raptors. I think a lot of that gets undermined if he decides to flip DD for a couple picks this summer. That may be a mistake in the long run, but I think it's the reality.

I also don't expect a Jrue Holiday type return to be offered for DD this summer. The Pelicans got fleeced in that deal and have been universally roasted for it ever since. The Sixers were motivated to be as bad as possible, accepted next to nothing for guys like Hawes and Turner, and yet the Pelicans still gave them a ransom. The chances of another team repeating that same mistake so fresh on the heels of another team spending a year getting killed for it seem small to me.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                          ...Leiweke and Ujiri preached family, accountability, and letting your commitment level to success dictate your role in the city...
                          Sticking with the family mode, Leiwicke and Ujiri should now be preaching spankings for the bad Raptors children who refuse to play defense.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            Lol this is extremely childish.
                            Lol I know.

I was going to write more but life called as it does now.

I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Comment

• DD is our best player who is actually putting up consistent numbers. Trading him is nothing but a mistake. Haters should stop hating on this guy.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                                DD is our best player who is actually putting up consistent numbers. Trading him is nothing but a mistake. Haters should stop hating on this guy.
                                I'm a big DeRozan fan.

That being said, you're on the extreme end of the spectrum. Wanting to trade DD =/= hating DD or being a hater. At the same time, the people who think DD should be traded at all costs are also wrong.

Trading him is not "nothing but a mistake". It's only a mistake if we don't get a superior talent (which is extremely difficult to do btw).

You move DD if the value you're getting back is greater and also fits better with the long-term plan of the team. That is going to be very difficult to pull off, but if such a trade is on the table then you look at making it.

With regards to this draft. To me there are 4 players with superstar potential (Wiggins, Embiid, Parker and Exum) and a few who could be all-stars (Randle, Vonleh, Smart, etc). With that said I don't think I'm moving DeRozan unless a top 5 pick is coming back the other way. Unfortunately i don't see any team in the top 5 being willing to make that kind of deal.

In other words I'm not dealing DeRozan if I'm Ujiri unless I'm given an opportunity to get a near-guaranteed superior talent. There is zero reason in my mind to exchange him for another guy that might be an all-star just to "control that player longer" or "save cap space". Maybe if DeRozan was nearing his 30s, but I'm not moving a 24 year old all-star for a 20 year old might-become-an-all-star.

People need to stop talking about "sell-high" also. Raptors fans have been saying we should sell-high on DeRozan for the last 3 seasons. I even heard suggestions last year that his "terrible contract" should be moved for an expiring and late pick. How stupid would we look now if we'd done that?

Hang onto DeMar. If you can fleece someone in a deal then do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X