• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Calgary Raps Fan and Tim Leiweke?

OR

Special1?

I'm going CRF and Timmy.

Go check the George Strombo thread with the full Leiweke interview. Go to 5:40. This is Lowry's team.
    LOL.....trust me there are a lot more people who think Lowry's the man. Not sure if they were thinking it last year. MEH My opinion......Tim's opinion. I hope Kyle resigns.....I wonder what MU will do. You should probably go with MU

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      LOL.....trust me there are a lot more people who think Lowry's the man. Not sure if they were thinking it last year. MEH My opinion......Tim's opinion. I hope Kyle resigns.....I wonder what MU will do. You should probably go with MU
      Good re-direct.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        Why stop at Derozan? Why not let Lowry walk, move Amir, let Patterson and Vasquez walk. They'll have tonnes of financial flexibility. They may even be able to get some second round picks in sign and trades. Think of the cheap short term contracts!!! Players? Who needs players? We got the best WS/$ ratio in the NBA!!!!! In fact, the Raptors should trade all their players for draft picks. Think of the value!
        Why stop at DeRozan?

Because the Raptors already have an inexpensive SG with high potential waiting in the wings who could easily be kept for another 6 seasons while DeRozan could return assets that address areas of need.

Why not let Lowry walk?

Because you don't let assets walk for nothing if you can help it. In this case the Raptors might not be able to.

Move Amir?

Maybe. He is unrestricted next year. He has a lot of wear on him. Like Patterson and Hansbrough, he is a really good player but I think he is a role player. He puts up great lines but he is inconsistent. So if you're going to resign PP and pick up T's option, why not consider moving Amir.

Let Patterson and Vasquez walk?

Again, assets. Plus Vasquez is going to bring KD.

After that I think you're just being facetious.

Comment

• Tortacular wrote: View Post
          DeRozan has improved every season in the league. Throw him overboard for some lottery tickets?

First, you are not going to get a high pick in this draft and another player for him. That only happened with Holiday because last year's draft class was perceived to be so weak. Nobody with a high pick is going to give it to you for DeRozan. That's a pipe dream. We don't even know what Noel can do at the next level yet and people are calling it a win for the 76ers. It's a POTENTIAL win for them. But we have no idea yet. And the Raptors have zero shot at getting the same level of return. Point guards are more important than shooting guards. And this draft is perceived as very strong while last year was perceived as very weak.

Second, who's going to fill DeRozan's role on the Raptors? Do the Raptors have another guy who can carry the scoring load that I'm unaware of? Ross is a nice player, but he's not shown he can be more than a complimentary guy yet. DeRozan gets to the line at such a prodigious rate. Why gut a good team to "hope" that you can get lucky with whatever young players you bring back? You're not going to get a shot at a game-changing talent in return. And in the process you will have traded away a young and gifted player who actually LIKES playing in Toronto and is paid a very reasonable salary.

These guys like playing together, and they play well together. You don't dump a core piece of that for "prospects" unless you're just going to tank (like say... Philly did). And there's no reason to do that. Miami is going to decline at some point in the next 2-3 years. Indiana is not a juggernaut. What's the downside of trying to build on what they have now?
          I think it goes without saying none of us know anything. There are no absolutes in this discussion.

Bold 1: If last year's draft was so weak, couldn't it be possible that a much better player is available at 9 this year than 6 last year?

Bold 2: Why do the Raptors have zero shot? I thought and still think DD has a lot of value. PGs are pretty important but the league has never been so deep at PG. SG on the otherhand has never been so weak. A team set at PG and weak at SG might have a different view.

Bold 3: 18 shots per game to spread around. There is also the fact of the unknown additions this summer.

Bold 4: I don't think this team would be gutted by trading DD. Let Lowry walk, trade DD, trade Amir, don't bring back PP and Vasquez, don't pick up Hansbrough option - that is gutting.

Bold 5: You mean no other team is going to improve?

Comment

• I posted this in the draft thread.....But I'll post the basic info again

Picks 14-19 are all owned by teams with multiple picks and may be available without a signficant move (ie just a simple swap with our pick, or possibly with added minor sweetener).

And Philly has NOP's #10 pick, which who knows if it may be up for grabs, and definitely should not cost a DeMar level player.

I think it makes more sense now to target one of these than to try and get into the top of 6-7 of the lottery. May not be too costly.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Apr 7, 2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Derozan to Phoenix assuming Suns miss playoffs:

Return:
              14th pick 2014
              Miles Plumlee
              2015 Lakers pick

I'm tempted to add Washington's 2014 pick in but I feel that might be too much..... Lol Or not enough!

Comment

Derozan to Phoenix assuming Suns miss playoffs:

Return:
                14th pick 2014
                Miles Plumlee
                2015 Lakers pick

I'm tempted to add Washington's 2014 pick in but I feel that might be too much..... Lol Or not enough!
                So basically you want to trade an all-star for a backup C and a 2014 mid 1st round draft pick??? come on man. You're clearly underrating DeRozan and overvaluing this year's draft.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  So basically you want to trade an all-star for a backup C and a 2014 mid 1st round draft pick??? come on man. You're clearly underrating DeRozan and overvaluing this year's draft.
                  DeMar DeRozan for a bag of peanuts
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

It is also betting the lakers are an absolute shit show on the Jim Buss watch and the Lakers 2015 pick is a high lottery.... But not top3 because that would be bad.

Comment

It is also betting the lakers are an absolute shit show on the Jim Buss watch and the Lakers 2015 pick is a high lottery.... But not top3 because that would be bad.
                      I think the Lakers will be fighting for a playoff spot next year. I expect them to sign a big name FA this summer. Kobe should be 100% healthy and don't forget they'll have a high draft pick this year.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think the Lakers will be fighting for a playoff spot next year. I expect them to sign a big name FA this summer. Kobe should be 100% healthy and don't forget they'll have a high draft pick this year.
                        You very well could be right.

However what big free agent? Melo? Deng? Gay? Monroe?

Few rooks come in and make a difference.

Kobe's body is not a horse I'd want to put money on.

Comment

I agree with this. The Lakers have always done everything in their power to satisfy Kobe. Kobe has made it explicitly clear that he does not want to rebuild next year, and he has challenged the Lakers management to fix the team(players AND staff) such that they resort back to their glorified ways.

Its not hard to see Kobe putting on his best salesman impression this summer in order to convince some of the big name FA's to form a dynasty in LA Lakerland. Combined with the solid players they do have(Meeks, K Marshall, Gasol[who might be traded],etc.), they also will be getting a high pick in this year's draft.

Don't sleep on the Lakers.
                          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• I don't think Phoenix needs another guard.

Comment

You very well could be right.

However what big free agent? Melo? Deng? Gay? Monroe?

Few rooks come in and make a difference.

Kobe's body is not a horse I'd want to put money on.
                              I wouldn't bet against Kobe if i were you He was averaging 27ppg last year.

As for free agents, they're rumoured to be interested in Deng. Melo, if he opts out could end up in LA. You never know.

I also have this weird feeling that the Lakers are going to win the lottery and draft Wiggins.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Heck.

A Lakers opening day lineup of:

Exum, Bryant, Deng, Monroe, and Gasol isn't too shabby. They won't be great on defence, thats for sure. But thats still solid.
                                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X