JV Arrested for DUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    Has anyone here blown over a 0.05? I blew a 0.0475 a few years back and I thanked my lucky stars. That was after about 7 beers in 3-4 hours, so it doesn't take much. I don't even feel buzzed after that much normally and felt I was fine.

I just can't, for the life of me, understand why these pro athletes don't have the sense to have a fucking sober driver. It boggles the mind. I'm not gonna jump to conclusions on JV, I just hope he doesn't do this again.

I think he'll take this pretty hard, and I'm sure his teammates will come down on him hard. They all seem like sensible dudes and I believe he'll come out better for it.
    Tolerance varies...obviously. It's entirely possible for someone to blow and illegal amount, and be totally sober in the functional sense. But that's the point. If the limit was high enough that you'd definitely have to be hammered, it wouldn't be very useful.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Hey he got arrested by the Man, at least he's got street cred now.

no?
      Nah. In this world, street cred comes from satans.

Comment

Has anyone here blown over a 0.05? I blew a 0.0475 a few years back and I thanked my lucky stars. That was after about 7 beers in 3-4 hours, so it doesn't take much. I don't even feel buzzed after that much normally and felt I was fine.
        I think people who don't get drunk as easily are at a higher risk of blowing over because they don't feel as drunk as their blood alcohol level says.

Comment

• My family has been hurt by drunk drivers a few times throughout the years and I do not condone it at all. It's terrible and even worse is the fact that it has long been possible to have a car not be able to start if alcohol is detected in the driver. Used to be a big ugly breathalyzer type thing but I'm sure tech has improved over the years.

I also have no clue why a wealthy athlete wouldn't just have a driver. Waaaay too much at stake for themselves, their families and the potential to seriously fuck with the lives of any stranger who crosses your path.

All that being said, 21, wasaga, good times? We've all been there, done that. Most of us have the good sense to avoid the car keys but I'd be willing to bet that most people on this board have likely made a bad decision when drinking and driving, toking and driving etc. It was a dumb ass thing to do when I did it but I learned my lesson. Hopefully he learns from it too.

Anyone else doubt this'd ever have made the arrest level/news if he was an Hockey player? I've known guys who get off time and again because they lace up skates.
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I just can't, for the life of me, understand why these pro athletes don't have the sense to have a fucking sober driver. It boggles the mind. I'm not gonna jump to conclusions on JV, I just hope he doesn't do this again.

I think he'll take this pretty hard, and I'm sure his teammates will come down on him hard. They all seem like sensible dudes and I believe he'll come out better for it.
            I have my own breathalyzer ( Don't ask where I got it )
            And sometimes my buddies and I fuck around on boring Friday nights and try to blow the highest possible ahab I've got to 0.0944 Pretty fast and felt buzzed but not as bad as I thought it should have felt blowing over a 0.09
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• "A DUI charge is a summary offence which means Valanciunas won’t have to appear in person unless there is a trial. The first appearance on the 22nd will be handled by a lawyer on his behalf and will be merely a formality with the case being adjourned until the defence can get the disclosure from the prosecution and consider their options from there.

These matters are typically fairly slow moving affairs in the Ontario court system, with a trial – should it get to that point – commonly a year past the offence date.
              "

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                "A DUI charge is a summary offence which means Valanciunas won’t have to appear in person unless there is a trial. The first appearance on the 22nd will be handled by a lawyer on his behalf and will be merely a formality with the case being adjourned until the defence can get the disclosure from the prosecution and consider their options from there.

These matters are typically fairly slow moving affairs in the Ontario court system, with a trial – should it get to that point – commonly a year past the offence date.
                "
                Good! Where did you find these quotes?
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  Good! Where did you find these quotes?
                  sportsnet article by Granger
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    sportsnet article by Granger
                    Oh okay. Thanks for that
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      Oh okay. Thanks for that
                      No prob man
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Can you imagine how many cars the police would have to stop in order to find a driver who is drunk if they just randomly stopped every car that is driving normally? Of course he was drunk. His car was probably weaving around, drifting into the wrong lane, etc.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                          Can you imagine how many cars the police would have to stop in order to find a driver who is drunk if they just randomly stopped every car that is driving normally? Of course he was drunk. His car was probably weaving around, drifting into the wrong lane, etc.
                          Not so.

OPP officers were responding to a report that open beer bottles had been spotted in a silver vehicle going through a drive-thru at approximately 2:30 a.m.

Police traced the alleged vehicle to a residence nearby and Valanciunas, the driver, was placed under arrest. It's unclear whether he was alone at the time.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=448638

Comment

• When was the last time the Raptors had three days off? These guys police themselves well enough to be in the kind of shape it takes to play NBA level basketball three times a week for an 82 game season, not to mention training camp. In JV's case there was also summer league and his stint with the National Lithuanian team.

I don't know, but I am guessing that 2/3 of the people on this board that drive and are old enough to drink, and are under the age of 40 have driven with an alcohol content over .08 sometime in the last month, if not more frequently.

To me the concerning thing is not that he had enough to drink to go over the limit (the fact that the police didn't post a number suggests to me he was just slightly over the limit) because that's easy to do, and not the fact that he didn't have a driver because Jesus, sometimes a celeb wants time on their own, but that he was stupid enough to drive with bottles of beer visible in the car. That's just plain silly. On the other hand, as numerous folks have pointed out, he's 20. He will learn from this. I am sure he will never wander into the dressing room with a handgun, or be caught sponsoring a pit dog fight, or smacking his wife around, or gambling on NBA games. Just my feeling on the matter. He's a human being. The fact that he is also a highly paid professional athlete doesn't mean he isn't prone to all the same mistakes and foibles all of us are.
                            Last edited by Puffer; Tue Apr 8, 2014, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Some reactions of these fans... Almost like he has smoked crack, threatened to kill, while being racist and was filmed doing that. TAKE A BREAK, he's YOLO generation kid, who has handled himself well considering from how small town he have came from and what opportunities he has now. Although not hiding empty bottles, well that was stupid.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• He was easy to find, not long afterwards because of the fact...

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Not so.
                                Employees watched the car when leaving the drive thru and seen which road he turned down, which is a dead end road. Making it pretty simple for the OPP considering he was in a contained area and they had a description of the vehicle.
                                Last edited by Laura; Tue Apr 8, 2014, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X