Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't feel bad for him at all.

He made stupid choices and has to deal with.

I feel bad for teammates, coaches, organization, owners, and most importantly fans.

Wow, easy Matt. He's 21.

I was 21 living in Wasaga and got into a whole hell of a lot of trouble before I smartened up. Something about the area. (and all the bikers, coke and weeeeeeeeed)

Let's see how he responds, and how DC, MU and TL deal with him first.

Btw, I remember a lot of guys from eastern Europe coming up to the Beach, getting drunk and picking fights with the locals, or the Italians from Vaughan. Those dudes were mean. Jonas probably hooked up with some guys who reminded himself of home, cut loose for one evening and got stupid.

Comment

• I'm sorry to say put this so bluntly, but to the people wanting to get at his throat for this, you guys are fucked.

Have any of you ever made a mistake where what hurts the most is knowing you let those closest to you down, the feeling is the worst in the world and I know JV is going through that right now.

He knows he messed up and social media bitching and whining at him about how stupid he is, I'm sure he's figured that out already.
      Like Matt said, I don't feel bad for him and the punishment from the league and the suspension of his license he'll receive, I feel bad for him because of the assholes who did the same shit and probably worse when they were 21 letting him have it for a mistake that we don't even know the details of yet.

And I can only imagine the pricks who are going to boo him tomorrow, is that going to help the kid who feels sick over his unfixable mistake?

I know driving drunk is serious, I unfortunately have friends who've done it and myself I never have nor ever plan on it, but I realize it's something that happens. I'm disappointed in JV and it sucks about the timing of this, there's no doubt he needs to smarten up and grow up.

But cut the kid some slack for god's sake.

And to the person saying he can't be a go to option on a contending team lol shut the fuck up

Comment

• [QUOTE=joey_hesketh;316597]I wouldn't call driving drunk with open bottles in the car a "minor nuissance" issue.
        I wouldn't need someone to be obnioxious or abusive to report them for drunk driving ...[/ Do we want a state where citizens frequently call cops for suspected illegal behaviour? How do you determine for sure someone is driving drunk? Who should make that determination? My threshold would be someone engaging in unsafe driving though I could only say I SUSPECT something is awry? The police would need to assess and the person in question would have the right to counsel and/or a trial before judgements can be made. Do you frequently call the police?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Lets not just start making these kinds of inferences.

It's possible that the drive thrus are expected to call police for any suspicious cases that may suggest drunk driving...being able to see open bottles would thus be enough. Maybe he was being obnoxious, maybe he wasn't the drive-thru people were just doing what they're supposed to do.
          Open bottle fair enough but do we want all drive through employees to be calling cops for any suspicious behaviour for late drive thrus really?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Open bottle fair enough but do we want all drive through employees to be calling cops for any suspicious behaviour for late drive thrus really?
            You gotta understand, he could have killed someone and then he would go to jail. So chill shit happens he got caught before anything bad happened. Good
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Again, in terms of obvious sign, it's very hard to judge someone's behavior. It is, however, very easy to judge "oh, I can see an open bottle, better make sure I report this for the police to follow up on". It is not a matter of behavior. It is not at all subjective. It is the easiest sign to judge in every sense. I imagine maybe the strong scent of alcohol (would have to be damn strong to hit the drive-thru server all the way from your car) would be another pretty obvious one. Loudness, lewdness and any kind of obnoxious behavior could easily just be someone being an idiot, even totally sober.

Comment

Again, in terms of obvious sign, it's very hard to judge someone's behavior. It is, however, very easy to judge "oh, I can see an open bottle, better make sure I report this for the police to follow up on". It is not a matter of behavior. It is not at all subjective. It is the easiest sign to judge in every sense. I imagine maybe the strong scent of alcohol (would have to be damn strong to hit the drive-thru server all the way from your car) would be another pretty obvious one. Loudness, lewdness and any kind of obnoxious behavior could easily just be someone being an idiot, even totally sober.
                Sober idiots is catchy and that is exactly my point.

Comment

Sober idiots is catchy and that is exactly my point.
                  Well you originally said you were inferring that he must have been extra obnoxious or something (forget your exact words) because otherwise they wouldn't report it. And I countered suggesting that simply seeing open bottles is likely reason enough for them to make the call, regardless of behavior. I don't see what sober idiots have to do with anything. I should've specified that it'd be "obvious" suspicious bhavior that's not really subjective. Seeing open bottles...the obvious scent of booze...passengers possibly even drinking in the passnger or back seat...

Comment

Well you originally said you were inferring that he must have been extra obnoxious or something (forget your exact words) because otherwise they wouldn't report it. And I countered suggesting that simply seeing open bottles is likely reason enough for them to make the call, regardless of behavior. I don't see what sober idiots have to do with anything. I should've specified that it'd be "obvious" suspicious bhavior that's not really subjective. Seeing open bottles...the obvious scent of booze...passengers possibly even drinking in the passnger or back seat...
                    Suspicious behaviour is subjective. Open liquor is not subjective. There is either open liquor or not.
                    If someone is a sober idiot at 230am at drive through should cops be called?

Comment

• I was at a light waiting to make a southbound left. The north/south light turned red and both southbound lanes stopped. My light turned green, I started to move forward but suddenly had to brake because some asshole weaved through the stopped southbound traffic and blew through the red light by using the unoccupied left turn lane. However, there was another red light a bit further down the road and the asshole was completely blocked this time. I pulled in behind the person, took down their licence and reported the incident at the the local police station.
                      Fuck right to counsel and/or trial before making judgement THAT PERSON WAS AN ASSHOLE!

And do we want a state where cops are called for suspected criminal behaviour? Fuck yeah, unless you're a criminal or don't give a shit about society.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Suspicious behaviour is subjective. Open liquor is not subjective. There is either open liquor or not.
                        If someone is a sober idiot at 230am at drive through should cops be called?
                        Depends what he's doing. Is he being abusive? Is he harassing/assaulting someone?

But again, this discussion with you started with you inferring that because they called the police to report it, JV must have been some special kind of obnoxious

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        For those posters that have been to Wasaga Beach will know that drinking and driving is a huge issue for locals. OPP frequently has spot checks on River Road. I wonder what triggered call to OPP? Generally locals are pretty good at assessing unsafe behavior versus minor nussiance issues . I can infer that he was engaging in obnoxious and abusive behavior.
                        And some of us arguing that this wasn't at all necessarily the case (especially since we don't have more info). He had open liquor. It is not subjective. I want the drive thru to feel obliged to call whenever it is an objectively obvious situation, such as open alcohol bottles. That is at least a fineable offence in and of itself I believe (not sure, so if someone knows feel free to correct me) And being abusive is definitely a situation I'd want them to call police for as well...since that can be a matter of their own safety, not necessarily road safety.

I don't know what side of this you're trying to argue for.

Comment

• Reading some of these posts LMAO its like some of y'all think JV spear headed a mass genocide or something and he should be hung for it
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Akkerman wrote: View Post
                            I'm sorry to say put this so bluntly, but to the people wanting to get at his throat for this, you guys are fucked.

Have any of you ever made a mistake where what hurts the most is knowing you let those closest to you down, the feeling is the worst in the world and I know JV is going through that right now.

He knows he messed up and social media bitching and whining at him about how stupid he is, I'm sure he's figured that out already.
                            Like Matt said, I don't feel bad for him and the punishment from the league and the suspension of his license he'll receive, I feel bad for him because of the assholes who did the same shit and probably worse when they were 21 letting him have it for a mistake that we don't even know the details of yet.

And I can only imagine the pricks who are going to boo him tomorrow, is that going to help the kid who feels sick over his unfixable mistake?

I know driving drunk is serious, I unfortunately have friends who've done it and myself I never have nor ever plan on it, but I realize it's something that happens. I'm disappointed in JV and it sucks about the timing of this, there's no doubt he needs to smarten up and grow up.

But cut the kid some slack for god's sake.

And to the person saying he can't be a go to option on a contending team lol shut the fuck up
                            Yep. He's already received the greatest possible punishment he could receive for his actions. I Imagine the shame of letting the organization down, the embarrassment of having to apologize to your teammates and seeing your name all over the web and the news in a negative light would be a hell of a lot worse than "omg give him 5 game suspension NOW". What he's going through right now would be hell and will also be the biggest deterrent to never do it again.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                              You gotta understand, he could have killed someone and then he would go to jail. So chill shit happens he got caught before anything bad happened. Good
                              He wasn't speeding. He wasn't driving recklessly. He didn't drive on a red light. Just because he was driving under influence you can't assume he was doing all of those things. But everytime people think DUI they instantly assume he was racing out there.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X