Raps should hire Kevin Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stooley wrote: View Post
    I mean, I understand where they're coming from. I often find myself questioning his moves, and his call not to foul late in that game was definitely not wise.

It's just - and I've been trumpeting this for a while now - first off, I think there are very few coaches who aren't criticized by fans, and secondly, we don't know enough about what's going on in the locker room, at practice, or have access to proprietary team analytics, to be able to make as informed a judgement as Casey.

As a fan, I have a hard time looking past the results, because while those don't paint the whole picture, they're by far the most clear part.
    That's pretty much how I feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      what young talent are we developing exactly?
      Demar career year, ross doing way better than most expected, jv making huge strides, lowry career year... And all for a legit playoff team. Not too shabby

Comment

Im just waiting to see what happens in the Playoffs and How the team does before I say we need a new coach, I obviously do not like the way Casey does a lot of things but he does make the Raps play defense and play hard every single night. So im just going to withhold my judgement until after our playoff run.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
          Demar career year, ross doing way better than most expected, jv making huge strides, lowry career year... And all for a legit playoff team. Not too shabby

I don't understand some of you posters every time you say such a thing!!!

Are you not gonna give LOWRY any credit for his career year?
          Ross any credit for playing better defense and making his shots?
          JV for growing as a player?
          DeMar for making a leap nobody predicted?

You guys always point to our guys having careers years just because Casey is the coach?
          Wasn't Casey the coach when Lowry was fat and lazy?
          Wasn't Casey the coach when DeMar was declining in his third season?
          Wasnt It Casey who benched Ross in favor of the inefficient Rudy?

Yes Casey has contributed to them having a better season but 90% of it was the player(s) working harder themselves and pushing themselves even harder

So just stop giving Casey all this credit he does not deserve

Give it to the fucking players who got better !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            what young talent are we developing exactly?
            I assume this is sarcasm.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              I don't understand some of you posters every time you say such a thing!!!

Are you not gonna give LOWRY any credit for his career year?
              Ross any credit for playing better defense and making his shots?
              JV for growing as a player?
              DeMar for making a leap nobody predicted?

You guys always point to our guys having careers years just because Casey is the coach?
              Wasn't Casey the coach when Lowry was fat and lazy?
              Wasn't Casey the coach when DeMar was declining in his third season?
              Wasnt It Casey who benched Ross in favor of the inefficient Rudy?

Yes Casey has contributed to them having a better season but 90% of it was the player(s) working harder themselves and pushing themselves even harder

So just stop giving Casey all this credit he does not deserve

Give it to the fucking players who got better !!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Or give it to the all new bench of assistant coaches around Casey. That is where the biggest change was made on the team and are the guys responsible for the development of the players

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Or give it to the all new bench of assistant coaches around Casey. That is where the biggest change was made on the team and are the guys responsible for the development of the players
                That also LOOL

it just infuriates me when posters on here give all the credit to Casey and use that as an point in they're argument

Comment

My guess is that Casey has done a lot for the team improving defensively, both as a group and individually. My guess is that the assistants have done most of the work helping them improve offensively. And yeah, the players buying in and working hard (which doesn't happen for every coach) is the major reason for their improvement.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

That also LOOL

it just infuriates me when posters on here give all the credit to Casey and use that as an point in they're argument
                    Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked on this year and playing some playoff ball but I would also take the entire year with a grain of salt.

The combination of teams throwing in the towel (Boston, Philly, Orlando), a really really bad team (Milwaukee), and teams missing All-Star talent (Chicago and Brooklyn) has watered down the East more than it has already been in recent years.

If Raps were in the West they'd be tied for 9th.

I'm not trying to be a downer here just trying to look at things in the big picture. I'm not content to accept being above average. Raps have been awful for far too long and this is a nice start but I want MOOOOOAR!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked on this year and playing some playoff ball but I would also take the entire year with a grain of salt.

The combination of teams throwing in the towel (Boston, Philly, Orlando), a really really bad team (Milwaukee), and teams missing All-Star talent (Chicago and Brooklyn) has watered down the East more than it has already been in recent years.

I'm not trying to be a downer here just trying to look at things in the big picture. I'm not content to accept being above average. Raps have been awful for far too long and this is a nice start but I want MOOOOOAR!
                      Id say in the "normal" east we'd most likely be a 6th or 5th seed

Comment

Id say in the "normal" east we'd most likely be a 6th or 5th seed
                        I'd say anywhere 6th to 8th with a floor being .500.

But this is me talking out of my ass so take it for what its worth.

Comment

That also LOOL

Well of course credit goes to the players. I'm not taking any away from them in saying the head coach may have contributed to that.

But if that's not an acceptable way to measure Casey's long term impact, I don't know what is.

I'd say anywhere 6th to 8th with a floor being .500.

But this is me talking out of my ass so take it for what its worth.
                          I'd say the NBA across the board isn't any weaker than usual. The west is unusually strong and the east is unusually terrible.

Hollinger, and most power rankings out there have us ranked anywhere from 10th-12th. I think we'd be a fifth or sixth seed on a regular year.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Well we also did have an abysmal start so there is that to add to the eq....post Gay we have been playing pretty decent ball, even if it were against a healthy East.

However, we would still be in that just above average category and there are a few questions that need to be answered this offseason. I am not content with being a just average team as well, I want a superstar or two.

Ways to do that are solely on Ujiri...the real test is just starting

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                              Well of course credit goes to the players. I'm not taking any away from them in saying the head coach may have contributed to that.

But if that's not an acceptable way to measure Casey's long term impact, I don't know what is.

I'd say the NBA across the board isn't any weaker than usual. The west is unusually strong and the east is unusually terrible.

Hollinger, and most power rankings out there have us ranked anywhere from 10th-12th. I think we'd be a fifth or sixth seed on a regular year.
                              We're on pace for 48 wins. The 4th seed in the east usually wins about this many games.

2012-13: Brooklyn (49)
                              2011-12: Boston (short-season, played at 48 win pace)
                              2010-11: Orlando (52)
                              2009-10: Boston (50)
                              2008-09: Atlanta (47)
                              2007-08: Cleveland (45)
                              2006-07: Miami (44)
                              2005-06: Cleveland (50)
                              2004-05: Chicago (47)
                              2003-04: Miami (42)

That's an average of 47 wins for the 4th seed in the east over the last 10 years, so we're actually a better 4th seed than normal in terms of record. Just pointing out the stats, feel free to subjectively argue that by saying that Rose is injured or whatever (but Chicago is ahead of us in the standings anyway so...).

Also, in all but 2 of the last 10 years, the 8th seed in the east was at or below .500 (like this year). The only exceptions were 04-05 where the Nets won 42 games and 2011-12 where Philly won 35 out of 66 games in the lockout-shortened season.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                                We're on pace for 48 wins. The 4th seed in the east usually wins about this many games.

2012-13: Brooklyn (49)
                                2011-12: Boston (short-season, played at 48 win pace)
                                2010-11: Orlando (52)
                                2009-10: Boston (50)
                                2008-09: Atlanta (47)
                                2007-08: Cleveland (45)
                                2006-07: Miami (44)
                                2005-06: Cleveland (50)
                                2004-05: Chicago (47)
                                2003-04: Miami (42)

That's an average of 47 wins for the 4th seed in the east over the last 10 years, so we're actually a better 4th seed than normal in terms of record. Just pointing out the stats, feel free to subjectively argue that by saying that Rose is injured or whatever (but Chicago is ahead of us in the standings anyway so...).

Also, in all but 2 of the last 10 years, the 8th seed in the east was at or below .500 (like this year). The only exceptions were 04-05 where the Nets won 42 games and 2011-12 where Philly won 35 out of 66 games in the lockout-shortened season.
                                I mostly agree.

But an argument that's often brought up is that there is an above average number of teams in the East that are abjectly terrible, so this boosts the mediocre teams to higher win totals.

But then again, I'm not sure this is the case, since Cleveland, NYK, Bucks and Detroit were all trying to make the playoffs, they just couldn't

Also, the West has been better for a while, so I'd not be surprised if the 4th seed in the East was generally the 10th best team in the league.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X