Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 142

Thread: Everything Masai Ujiri

  1. #121
    Raptors Republic Superstar special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    The most underrated trade Ainge pulled off IMO was sending Rondo to Dallas for Jae Crowder (He received other stuff in that trade too, but Crowder was the big fish). Imagine Crowder on the Mavs in the place of Harrison Barnes right now.
    Imagine Crowder on the Mavs in place of Harrison Barnes.....

    I'm trying to, but I'm not getting anywhere. I don't think it changes their situation at all.

    Where are you going with this?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Like SkywalkerAC liked this post
  3. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Imagine Crowder on the Mavs in place of Harrison Barnes.....

    I'm trying to, but I'm not getting anywhere. I don't think it changes their situation at all.

    Where are you going with this?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk-pwUo8mMg

  4. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Maybe I missed this when it was talked about, but I was circling YouTube and found a pretty cool panel with Masai at this years Sloan Conference. Cool stuff around minutes 40 and 50 you may wanna checkout if you haven't seen this.



    @40: Cool feel good story about Lowry and Fields

    @50: Insight into the Ibaka deal, Masai says that the city, Kyle, Demar, etc. deserve to see what the team looks like with Ibaka in the playoffs, regardless of if they lose the pick for nothing. Also Masai mentions that with the new CBA he doesn't think you can really trade for a superstar, I get the impression he considers drafting to be essential for the future of the franchise, perhaps we see a big upside guy this year(?)

    Overall, it seems like Masai believes that this team isn't going to best Golden State or Cleveland, but he has so much respect for Lowry, Derozan and the fans that he thinks he has to give them the best chance possible to put it all together, which is truly awesome imo.

    EDIT: Cool bit from Scola at one point to, where he says essentially that Lowry left such a strong impression on him that Scola felt that he had to do whatever he could to make Lowry's life easier.
    Great point about the draft. I've been thinking about Giles and Diallo along these lines recently. We've kinda gone around the horn at this point in terms of drafting by position (incl.trading for young guys). Bebe/yak - C, siakam PF, Bruno PF/SF, norm SG, Delon/Fred PG.
    So if masai wants 5 guys at end of bench then he's graduated a few now (or will be) and with the new CBA maybe he has a few dleague roster spots to add more undrafted guys like fvv and uthoff. All that is to say, maybe it's time to start a new project like Diallo? At the same time, with our $ situation, you can make a good argument to do the opposite and draft an olejeye type and trade/let walk Carroll and Pat.

  5. #124
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    2,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This guy....man, this guy.



    https://twitter.com/GiantsOfAfrica/s...26091618557953
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

  6. #125
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    13,944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    This guy....man, this guy.



    https://twitter.com/GiantsOfAfrica/s...26091618557953
    were not worthy
    @Chr1st1anL

  7. #126
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    This guy....man, this guy.



    https://twitter.com/GiantsOfAfrica/s...26091618557953
    Man, that was powerful.

  8. #127
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    12,473
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Masai is the literal best.

  9. #128
    Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,762
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Haven't listened to this yet but it's sure to be good. Masai with Bill Simmons for an hour

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-line-caboclo/


  10. #129
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    2,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Haven't listened to this yet but it's sure to be good. Masai with Bill Simmons for an hour

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-line-caboclo/

    Listening now....well, to the Chris Ryan part. Masai starts at 34 min.

    If Bill has a guest on whose smarter/funnier than him then it's a good listen. If not, man..he just spews a lot of nonsense these days (his Fultz/mental stuff had me shaking my head a lot). And the people who work for him don't really push back or call him out enough.
    Last edited by Mess; Thu Oct 26th, 2017 at 02:09 PM.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

  11. #130
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Masai's covert youth movement really starting to pay off.

  12. #131
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10,497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Haven't listened to this yet but it's sure to be good. Masai with Bill Simmons for an hour

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-line-caboclo/

    Haha the last word in the url..."Caboclo"

    Masai is probably 2 questions away from being 2 questions away from snapping on the reporter who asks
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  13. #132
    Raptors Republic All-Star DogeLover1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Haha the last word in the url..."Caboclo"

    Masai is probably 2 questions away from being 2 questions away from snapping on the reporter who asks
    Good listen. Good peek into the life of a GM, history of Masai, general thoughts on where the league is at and where its going. Not really going to gain much on what Masai wants to do with this Raptors team, basically he left everything open.

    EDIT: One thing, just listening to him, it seems like he will bring a super star to Toronto someday.
    Last edited by DogeLover1234; Thu Oct 26th, 2017 at 04:20 PM.

  14. #133
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm liking the strategy of starting five 7'6" guys, and just have them pass to each other over and over until someone dunks. That's the future of the NBA, lol.

  15. #134
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Good listen. Good peek into the life of a GM, history of Masai, general thoughts on where the league is at and where its going. Not really going to gain much on what Masai wants to do with this Raptors team, basically he left everything open.

    EDIT: One thing, just listening to him, it seems like he will bring a super star to Toronto someday.
    Bryan really wanted to get a star here too and just could never deliver. Hopefully Masai can do that for us. Although Kyle wasn't his acquisition he turned his career around and Kyle is as close to a super star as we've had since Carter.

  16. #135
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10,497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm liking the strategy of starting five 7'6" guys, and just have them pass to each other over and over until someone dunks. That's the future of the NBA, lol.
    A good idea in theory, but the tallest player in the league now is 7'3, so you may have a hard time finding 5 giants who can pass and move with anything resembling coordination
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  17. #136
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  18. Like Abbas liked this post
  19. #137
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    A good idea in theory, but the tallest player in the league now is 7'3, so you may have a hard time finding 5 giants who can pass and move with anything resembling coordination
    You don't find them. You make them. That's the future of pro-sports and the human species.

  20. #138
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Good listen. Good peek into the life of a GM, history of Masai, general thoughts on where the league is at and where its going. Not really going to gain much on what Masai wants to do with this Raptors team, basically he left everything open.

    EDIT: One thing, just listening to him, it seems like he will bring a super star to Toronto someday.
    It is easy to believe in Masai because he believes in himself and the Toronto Raptors. From day one he has been clear what the goal is. Championship. I believe he measures every decision he makes with "How is this going to get us closer to a championship?"

    What was that movie about the genius who had strings all over the wall leading from images to newspaper clippings to quotations? Russell Crowe. I am certain Masai has a wall somewhere that looks just like that.

  21. #139
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...were-from.html

    Masai is amazing. Proud to have this guy here.

  22. Like Puffer, DanH liked this post
  23. #140
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10,497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    You don't find them. You make them. That's the future of pro-sports and the human species.
    Dr evil is that you?
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •