Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 123

Thread: Everything Masai Ujiri

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,539
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Ibaka was a lock as soon as the guys at the Star started writing that it wasn't happening. Not anything against the Star in particular, but TO beat writers are seemingly always the last to know anything - because they only have team sources, not league sources, and Ujiri's front office is leak proof.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,539
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anyone else calling BS on Masai's claim that he's not thinking about salary implications until later?

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Anyone else calling BS on Masai's claim that he's not thinking about salary implications until later?
    Whats the quote?
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like wolstat and Eric Smith. Koreen is OK, as long as Im reading and not listening to him.
    Blake busts his ass and will Lou is the guy I agree with most (as long as he's not talking to harsh).
    I like danh's columns but don't agree completely re:jv
    I think Lupe was a good voice of opposition but wonder if he got jeered out of the room? Differing opinions are good guys!

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Didn't realize raptors were speaking with theBulls about Gibson. I found it odd that they asked for his comment on the Ibaka trade but now makes some sense

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,539
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Whats the quote?
    Don't recall exactly. It was from his Valentine's Day presser announcing the trade. Someone asked about the salary cap implications this summer with Lowry, Patterson and Ibaka contracts to consider. Masai basically said he'll worry about that in the summer.

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    2,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't know why you're expecting Masai to confirm or deny anything when he answers questions.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,539
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    I don't know why you're expecting Masai to confirm or deny anything when he answers questions.
    It's not like anyone was asking him about his online banking password. Why so reserved about an obvious issue?

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote lewro wrote: View Post
    I like wolstat and Eric Smith. Koreen is OK, as long as Im reading and not listening to him.
    Blake busts his ass and will Lou is the guy I agree with most (as long as he's not talking to harsh).
    I like danh's columns but don't agree completely re:jv
    I think Lupe was a good voice of opposition but wonder if he got jeered out of the room? Differing opinions are good guys!
    I disagree. My opinion is the only one worth its weight in salt. And you have to agree with me because that's a different opinion than yours
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's not like anyone was asking him about his online banking password. Why so reserved about an obvious issue?
    I'm sure his team has worked out every scenario, but I'd bet the biggest decisions as far as who stays who goes, how much salary can they carry into next year depends on what happens in may. He has bosses too, and I can't imagine they'd be too enamored with having a luxury tax big 3 of dd KL and Ibaka, let alone patterson jv etc, with a first round exit.

    On the other hand, if we push cleveland even more than last year, Masai could convince them to bring back the entire gang, carry a top 3 payroll with a heavy tax bill, and defeat 33 year old Lebron james in 2018 to become nba finalists.

    Needless to say, this spring is massive to determine the rest of this decade of raptors basketball.
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    he basically said on TIm & Sid that he had full support from MLSE to go into the luxury tax this offseason. I'm sure that is dependent upon a playoff push, but I get the sense it's his call when it happens.

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's not like anyone was asking him about his online banking password. Why so reserved about an obvious issue?
    He needs everybody in the lockerroom to focus on the next couple of months, the summer is a distraction.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

  13. Like Just Is, KeonClark liked this post
  14. #53
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    he basically said on TIm & Sid that he had full support from MLSE to go into the luxury tax this offseason. I'm sure that is dependent upon a playoff push, but I get the sense it's his call when it happens.
    Theres a difference between going IN to the luxury tax, and diving in head first into a eye popping tax bill. The latter would be the scenario if KL, Ibaka and 2Pat all come back at market value
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  15. #54
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Masai invariably answers any semi-difficult question with an "Honestly,.....". Taking the Seinfeld meme up top at full value...how should we take his total answer?

    To be perfectly "honest" does it really matter whether he has or hasn't thought about the long term Ibaka signing (of course he has) just as Ibaka in his media presser yesterday said he hadn't thought about his free agency!! They seem to be both on the same page then, no? /some sarcasm.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

  16. #55
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ibaka won't be receiving offers from Golden State, Cleveland, San Antonio or LA. We are likely the best team that will give him an offer. We can give him a 5th year that gives him security to age 33(or is it age 53). He's arrived in the city at the very end of winter so he'll experience sunshine and decent weather. Highly doubt he'll want to join a 4th team in just over a year, max offer or not.
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  17. #56
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Ibaka was a lock as soon as the guys at the Star started writing that it wasn't happening. Not anything against the Star in particular, but TO beat writers are seemingly always the last to know anything - because they only have team sources, not league sources, and Ujiri's front office is leak proof.
    A welcome change from the Colangelo era.

  18. #57
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's not like anyone was asking him about his online banking password. Why so reserved about an obvious issue?
    He's not talking offseason salary implications because he's not done trying to change the roster. If he's still talking trades, acknowledging concerns about salaries in July is not a good idea. Also, it's pretty clear he wants to see how the roster fits down the stretch and into the playoffs before even entertaining who will be brought back or not next year.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

  19. Like Raptor Jesus liked this post
  20. #58
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Best GM/Prez in the game?

  21. Like DanH liked this post
  22. #59
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    Best GM/Prez in the game?
    Pretty much. Toronto's lucky to have him (and Weltman, and Webster...)
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

  23. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    July 7th should be masai ujiri day in Toronto. Masai bobble-head day plz.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •