Refs in Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refs in Playoffs

For those posters who know what is coming in the playoffs last night's game was a preview of what Raptors can expect next weekend. The league despite denials has a pecking order re fouls and who the league wishes to advance. Just ask Dallas after last games blown goaltending call and comments by announcer Sean Heth that initially led to a two game suspension that has now been rescinded. The Raps will have to overcome their opponents and the refs. I think it is time the NBA be held accountable re refs. One sign for me is instant replay. If they are not sure check the replay. Marty McCutcheon made some highly questionable calls last night. I really wish somebody in the Toronto media would raise this issue prior to the playoffs to put the league on notice they are being watched closely.

fuck NBA refs. useless, pompous tools with way too much ego.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      fuck NBA refs. useless, pompous tools with way too much ego.

Timmy has never smiled since.
      OG is our king

Comment

If your name isn't okc, Miami, Brooklyn, ny, clippers, or Houston sometimes.

The refs are gunna fuck you over and over again
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

But If your name is jonas though, your gonna get fucked twice. (:

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            If your name isn't okc, Miami, Brooklyn, ny, clippers, or Houston sometimes.

The refs are gunna fuck you over and over again
            That's why the raptors rebrand should change the name to OKC/Miami/ Brooklyn/NY/LA/Houston Raptors
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Some of the bad calls are due to lack of aggressiveness, reaching etc. Not Toronto vs Miami. Miami has been working calls for a long time. New York played better more aggressive so they got more calls Toronto played really bad they deserved it. If Toronto puts up winning seasons plays aggressively etc calls fall the other way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Its all about money!!!

Look at this (Im not surprised though)

While a Toronto-Brooklyn matchup is looking likely at the moment, if Toronto draws Charlotte, the chatter is the U.S. networks won’t even bother to send up a crew for that series and instead will use the Toronto broadcast. That’s because there will be little interest in watching those two teams in the States.

Link http://blogs.canoe.ca/courtside/bask...-wiggins-boys/
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Its all about money!!!

Look at this (Im not surprised though)

While a Toronto-Brooklyn matchup is looking likely at the moment, if Toronto draws Charlotte, the chatter is the U.S. networks won’t even bother to send up a crew for that series and instead will use the Toronto broadcast. That’s because there will be little interest in watching those two teams in the States.

Link http://blogs.canoe.ca/courtside/bask...-wiggins-boys/
                  That's what we want. Under the radar get a fair shake from officials move on to next round.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                    Timmy has never smiled since.
                    Kendrick can make anyone smile.

Comment

The only ref that's worth a damn is Dick Bavetta, guys like Kenny Mauer and Joe Crawford don't even hide the fact that they are corrupt officials, left over from the betting scandal days. Mauer has got more grease in his hair than Elvis in his prime. I hate these hack refs, it's a league wide epidemic. We get no respect and it won't change, pretty tough to win in the playoffs when you have to battle the opposition and the refs as well! In the words of Jeremy Roenick, these referee's need to WAKE UP! Wake up NBA!

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Some of the bad calls are due to lack of aggressiveness, reaching etc. Not Toronto vs Miami. Miami has been working calls for a long time. New York played better more aggressive so they got more calls Toronto played really bad they deserved it. If Toronto puts up winning seasons plays aggressively etc calls fall the other way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                        There are a couple examples, Miami, like you said, and that Sacramento game we had back in February, when the free throws were something like 52-25.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                          There are a couple examples, Miami, like you said, and that Sacramento game we had back in February, when the free throws were something like 52-25.
                          some of those calls were definitely questionable, but to be fair, overall toronto fouls WAY too much.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            some of those calls were definitely questionable, but to be fair, overall toronto fouls WAY too much.
                            It's true but than the refs get whistle happy and begin to call everything. I thought if you play physical from the tip the refs swallow their whistle for the game but the physical ness just turns into fouls

Comment

If you have a reputation, such as the Grizzlies, Pacers, and Bulls, the refs will swallow their whistle at your aggressiveness. Otherwise, expect every offending hair follicle to be called a foul
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X