Dwight Howard or Tim Duncan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Howard or Tim Duncan?

Skip Bayless calls out Dwight Howard, saying he'd pick Tim Duncan even in his old age right now over Howard in the playoffs, to which Howard responds:

"Skip Bayless can call me out a million times. I don’t think he’s ever put on a jock strap, stepped on the floor and played any type of basketball. That’s his job. That’s their job to criticize players. Only people that we have to listen to are our coaches. Those are the guys that get paid to make us better players. Skip, he’s called everybody out. He’s called LeBron “Prince James.” LeBron’s one of the best players in the world, and he doesn’t think LeBron is good. It’s somebody just talking.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...oogle%2BReader
    http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Dwight Howard now....but Timmy.D in his prime.... because he more all-around player!

Comment

Regular season I'd go with D12 9 times out of 10. But playoffs is a whole other thing. Gotta go with my man Timmy.

Comment

Gotta Go with Dwight. Now or even back when Duncan was winning Championships because Dwight will make a team good no matter who else is on it. I think Duncan is fantastic but he needs more help around him then dwight. That being said, I think it depends on the team. Example: Duncan would be useless to us right now, he plays a similar game to Bosh. But If you put dwight on this team we'd be awsome. On the magic you have to go with dwight again because they need his inside presece and duncan doesn't bring as much of that. On a team that played a lot of pick and role though, Duncan might be good since he's so fundamentally sound.
        Last edited by hateslosing; Thu Mar 18, 2010, 06:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

What has Dwight done in the playoffs so far? As opposed to Duncan. Bayless is talkin about who he wants in the playoffs.

Comment

Yeah, obviously TD's on his last wheels now, but if I had to pick one player starting a team from scratch, it's Duncan no questions asked. No matter how powerful or seemingly dominant Howard is, he doesn't even come close to Duncan. We're talking about the Greatest Power Forward Of All Time here imo. If Howard could only come up with a move other than a dunk...
            http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Duncan has adjusted his game and contributions more times in more playoff games than DH has thrown away jock straps. Can he still do it? Yes. Is the rest of his team as good as the Magic? No. And he doesnt have much more to go.

Comment

Dwight Howard has overtaken Duncan over the past two seasons. He is the best center in the league.

The reason is Tim Duncan's decline defensively. Slight advantage on the backboards for Howard mainly because he can play more minutes at a high level than Duncan can (less of an issue in playoffs because of rest between games and increase in TD's minutes, why it's only a small advantage instead of a large one for Howard) + good advantage offensively for Duncan due to his scoring versatility and passing ability. I just think Howard's defensive impact is that much larger than Duncan's that it gives him the overall advantage.
                nbaroundtable

Comment

Tim Duncan's bank shot > Superman

Comment

Duncan knows how to bring in double teams and actually throws good passes to Bruce Bowen or Robert Horry (and whomever exists exists today that shoots 3pters). Duncan probably had 30+ free throws he wanted back that cost him playoff games and championships back then.

Howard still doesn't know how to demand a ball when their offense gets cold.

Comment

Don't know about Skip Bayless, but watching his brother's TV show has taught my mom how to make escabeches and some really delicious tamales.

Comment

Working...
                      X