The Nets are B*TCHES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i agree with this but see where supes is coming from. however the league did discipline the spurs last year and should continue to do so. i think that if the teams focus becomes resting for the playoffs then a monetary fine, as we saw with the spurs last year is more than fair. technically those long playoff runs they are preparing for would pay the fines off so no money lost to the team and might dissuade the more frugal ownerships from resting players.

i whole heartedly agree that as a ticket buying fan i am being cheated by the practice.

it also isn't the players who are taking money from us though, it is the teams who are using the likenesses of their employees to sell us tickets. does anyone have a pic of a program or ticket from the indiana game? there might even be pictures of the 5 starters involved there.
    The Spurs only got fined for it because of how egregious it was. Mid-season, playing the most popular team in the league, during the height of the 'super-premium' ticket pricing for big games, I believe it was on national TV (NBA TV not ABC) and they rested all 3 of the Big 3 and none of them had injuries.

They kind of flaunted it in the face of the league.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
      The Spurs only got fined for it because of how egregious it was. Mid-season, playing the most popular team in the league, during the height of the 'super-premium' ticket pricing for big games, I believe it was on national TV (NBA TV not ABC) and they rested all 3 of the Big 3 and none of them had injuries.

It actually had nothing to do with these reasons. It was because they didn't give the league proper notice. If they had, they wouldn't have been fined.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post

this shouldn't matter though based on what you said about them only caring about winning. even their tank job almost ended in a win.

and i believe it only happened because it was tnt thursday night double header which shows that tv channels are more important to them then fans in the seats.

Comment

Tell the Retirement Home to Bring it!

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Comment

Nets Don't Want Any Part Of Us!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Fuck the NETS!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Pierce should go back to his retirement home

Comment

The nets can eat a quarter pound of D.I.C.K on a sesame seed bun

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Nets Don't Want Any Part Of Us!!!!!!!!

Crazy. We will prolly have one of the best homecourts in these playoffs, wonder who will top us
                      "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

buckets wrote: View Post
                        Crazy. We will prolly have one of the best homecourts in these playoffs, wonder who will top us
                        Oracle Arena is always insane (GSW) , but I think they'll only see two games this year

Comment

Exhibit A

Comment

Anyway, when you think about it:

1. Nets are tanking to try to face Raps instead of Bulls in the 1st round

2. Heat is mini-tanking to try to face Raps instead of Bulls/Nets in the 2nd round

So basically everyone seems to think that facing TOR in the playoffs is some kind of VIP pass to the next round.

Pls DC, print some giant posters of LeBron, Garnett and co ala Uncle Sam with "I want you in the playoffs" written on them, cover the whole locker room with them and boom: you got your prep talk ready.

The guys need to realize that they're being ridiculously disrespected.

Then DC will just have to release the krakens!

Comment

They Dont Have This In Brooklyn

Comment

I hate to say it but my ideal scenario today is. Brooklyn loses, Chicago wins, washington wins, and we lose. It would be perfect, washington in the first round and indiana in the second if we make it that far.

Comment

Working...
                                X