Who is the Raptors playoff X-factor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The big reason I don't pick Jonas is because other teams will seriously plan against him. They know we have no real inside threat beyond him. So I just hope he can be steady with all the attention he'll get. And again, hope someone like Ross (or maybe 2Pat) will have some great games to force the team away from their initial plans.
    The reason why I'm not gonna pick Jonas is that our guards consistently look him off (especially DD) and we could see some great starts from him be completely mishandled by our own team.

Ross is my xfactor at home. When he goes hard defensively and gets out in transition the crowd gets into it. His highlight reel style of play and threes could really be a factor at home igniting the stadium. Also those threes and D are crucial from a basketball standpoint

Pattman is my road x-factor (I would go with TH if he actually got pt). Matchup problems, energy...great things on the road.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      The reason why I'm not gonna pick Jonas is that our guards consistently look him off (especially DD) and we could see some great starts from him be completely mishandled by our own team.

Ross is my xfactor at home. When he goes hard defensively and gets out in transition the crowd gets into it. His highlight reel style of play and threes could really be a factor at home igniting the stadium. Also those threes and D are crucial from a basketball standpoint

Pattman is my road x-factor (I would go with TH if he actually got pt). Matchup problems, energy...great things on the road.
      Jonas is always looked off but that hasn't stopped him from killing it for the last 12 games
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

A big presence inside will be absolutely necessary in the playoffs, and post defense against CHA or WAS will be the key to winning. So Jonas gets my vote (Amir brings what he brings).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If Demar loses confidence or gets the playoff yips. Casey doing something stupid or getting outcoached. Lowry will be the same playoff or not but DD and Casey will be the biggest X-factor

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I voted Ross. He needs to be aggressive if the team is going to have any shot at winning a series.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

T Ross scores 51 pts one night and something like single digits the next. He is the definition of an X factor.

Comment

JV.....Bulls are the only team with a center i fear. If we can exploit that positional advantage and JV goes bananas its win win
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

My dark horse playoff stud is Nando De Yolo. That court vision, and defense really changes games
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If jonas would not be looked off of by dd, he is easily our X factor. If not then it would have to be greasy. If he can find his shot in the playoffs like he has recently, he will just be killer to the opponent. He just plays with so much heart and emotion
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      JV.....Bulls are the only team with a center i fear. If we can exploit that positional advantage and JV goes bananas its win win
                      I can see gortat as I centre to be afraid of also

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        I can see gortat as I centre to be afraid of also
                        I would say respected...Noah scares me. If him and Lowry were on the same team the intensity would fuse atoms

Comment

I would say respected...Noah scares me. If him and Lowry were on the same team the intensity would fuse atoms
                          There would be explosions for dayssssss

Comment

This would form anti matter, causing black holes every game.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Lowry and DeRozan seem too obvious to be considered X-Factors. If either play poorly, it's going to very tough to win. We all understand that.

I voted for Patterson. Assuming he's back to pre-injury form, his defense, rebounding, screen-setting, shot-making, and general basketball IQ are going to be priceless when/if Jonas gets into foul trouble. I expect Jonas to learn a lot of lessons in the coming weeks, and I expect Patterson to help ease that pain.

Comment

Having said that, for all the talk of our lack of playoff experience, Lowry seems to be the only one I'm not worried about. His game translates well at any momment, whether it's summer league, or game 7. He plays hard no matter what, and he's the only player I'm confident won't buckle under the bright lights of the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X