Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My prediction is 4 yr 40 MIL. He gets his money and ujiri won't overpay

Comment

Yea, give him the 10 mil. Him and Demar should be on the same level.

Though obviously, I would prefer 8 mil for cap space considerations. It would be nice if Kyle made it public he was going to take a pay cut (seriously, once u have 8 mil, who the fuck cares about another 2 mil versus having a better team?)
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        Mike Conley would not smell a max contract. He averages 17-6, don't be silly.

Lowry's next contract is actually going to depend a lot on his playoff performance, but...

The people saying they wouldn't pay more than 8-10M should wake up, because you're not getting Lowry for Jeff Teague/Brandon Jennings money. He's definitely going to get a similar per-year salary to what those 2009 Draft Class PGs got.
        There are around 30 players in the league who make rookie max or above. Conley is an all star caliber player who's also young and relatively very healthy. I'd rather sign him than many of those 30. Would he get it in real market, who knows, depends on the year and how many teams have cap space and need a point guard.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
          Since this is kind of just throwing numbers out right now -

What is the MAX amount people would give Lowry over a 4 year deal to keep him?

Assuming that if you don't give up the absolute most you feel comfortable with, he walks.
          That should really be the question. I see people say 8 mil or 10 mil, and my impression is 'reallly? 10.5 mil and you let him walk?' I mean, if that's what someone thinks, fair enough, but I suspect most of us are talking about different things here. I too would love for him to sign at 8-10 mil a year, but I think up to ~13 mil I'd still rather keep him than let him walk.
          If it's no more than 10 mil, then I think he's probably gone, and then what? It doesn't seem likely that the Raptors will find anyone else as good as Lowry for 10 mil.

Comment

Funny but 12 mil but under 13. At 13 mil I would walk away 12.9 maybe OK. Max is 12.5 realistically

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              What would you get in return though?

What team is not set at PG right now? Milwaukee, NY, Orlando, LAL is all I can think of.... and maybe Sacramento if they don't want Thomas back.

PG has never been so deep. Even teams that could use an upgrade, like Detroit, are locked in for another 3 years at Jennings for $8M a pop.
              I wouldn't be signing Lowry just to trade him, so the return I could get "right now" is irrelevant. I'd be signing Lowry in the hopes of being a perennial contender making deep playoff runs. If the wheels fall off the cart, I think a $14M per year Lowry is still tradeable for a decent return. By comparison, I don't think it would be worth it to let Lowry walk to another team for $14M, just because it was $2M more per year than I wanted to spend on him. The step back would be too huge.

Comment

These threads are hilarious. I love the discussion and thought that goes into these. But has anyone ever been right about anything? Ever?

Just shows how intricate the dealings are in professional sports.

Personally as much as Lowry is going to want the money, based on all the recent interviews I think, more than anything, Lowry wants to win and he wants to be THE guy. MLSE has given him that opportunity I'm not sure any team could or would be willing to match that.

Whatever happens I hope he lands in Toronto. And if not, the last place I want to see him is Indiana. Miami I just behind.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Yea, give him the 10 mil. Him and Demar should be on the same level.

Though obviously, I would prefer 8 mil for cap space considerations. It would be nice if Kyle made it public he was going to take a pay cut (seriously, once u have 8 mil, who the fuck cares about another 2 mil versus having a better team?)
                  Yeah man, let's just ask the guy to turn down a 25% increase in salary and 8M over 4 years...

Just because you're rich doesn't mean you can afford to just lose money like that. As you get richer, your lifestyle tends to get more expensive.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                    Yeah man, let's just ask the guy to turn down a 25% increase in salary and 8M over 4 years...

Just because you're rich doesn't mean you can afford to just lose money like that. As you get richer, your lifestyle tends to get more expensive.
                    What you are describing is not about being able to afford, its about wanting a specific lifestyle. Not being able to afford constitutes no sensible choice in the matter.

And if I were a basketball player in my prime, I'd want nothing more than a championship, who cares about the cars/homes/extravagant living? Your entire legacy gets built on your ability to win a ring.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I don't know, but I think lowry will get a similar deal to what Calderon got back when ford was traded. Maybe alittle higher.
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        I wouldn't be signing Lowry just to trade him, so the return I could get "right now" is irrelevant. I'd be signing Lowry in the hopes of being a perennial contender making deep playoff runs. If the wheels fall off the cart, I think a $14M per year Lowry is still tradeable for a decent return. By comparison, I don't think it would be worth it to let Lowry walk to another team for $14M, just because it was $2M more per year than I wanted to spend on him. The step back would be too huge.
                        If the wheels fall off is my point.

I don't think he is easily tradable at $14m for reasons I said earlier.

Happy to agree to disagree. Wouldn't be first time wrong....unlikely to be last.

Comment

I lifted this from Sensi from realgm

Comment

No Kyle Lowry, we're watching YOU become a superstar before our eyes

Back the brinks truck up for this man. He could be Chauncey with the pistons in the next couple years. So underrated.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I'm not sure

What I am sure is we are watching him get PAAaaaaaaID before our very eyes

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                I'm not sure

What I am sure is we are watching him get PAAaaaaaaID before our very eyes
                                Not 9m, not 10m, not 12m.

Comment

Working...
                                X