No announcement yet.

What would YOU pay Lowry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think Lowry's ceiling is? He's probably already close, but can he get any better?

And how good is Lowry really? I mean, I'm sitting here trying to remember how good Iverson was — and wondering if Lowry is actually better. Like the analytics-friendly version of the Iverson that doesn't hog the ball or jack up too many dumb shots.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
      Before he was perenially injured in NJ/Brooklyn, the 'DWill or CP3' debate was a hot one. He was, and likely still kind of is, Elite.
      He has the talent, size and strength to be dominant — he just isn't anymore. I don't know enough about DWill's recent history, but it's baffling to me that he's playing as bad as he is.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
        What do you guys think Lowry's ceiling is? He's probably already close, but can he get any better?

And how good is Lowry really? I mean, I'm sitting here trying to remember how good Iverson was — and wondering if Lowry is actually better. Like the analytics-friendly version of the Iverson that doesn't hog the ball or jack up too many dumb shots.
        Lowrys game is going to polish and mature. Fundamentally, this is what you're going to get from him, but he's just going to be smarter around the edges and look more refined as he gets older.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post

LOL Seriously? No disrespect intended, but did you watch much Iverson?

Comment

Consensus seems to be around 12.5 and that's high.If anybody offers more Lowry and that team will regret the signing.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              LOL Seriously? No disrespect intended, but did you watch much Iverson?
              I honestly can't remember, that's why I'm asking. I remember Iverson being borderline unguardable. I also remember him being a shitty teammate that gambled on defense constantly that jacked up tons of shots during the post-Jordan-Prime, pre-Nash-MVP era where a player like Rudy Gay would probably be considered 'a superstar'.

Excuse me for being old! But the league has changed so much I don't know how to judge Iverson's game.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                Lowrys game is going to polish and mature. Fundamentally, this is what you're going to get from him, but he's just going to be smarter around the edges and look more refined as he gets older.
                His career is going to go one of two ways in my opinion:

-his put everything on the line style is going to come back to bite him in the ass, and constant nagging injuries force a slightly earlier decline

-or, since I don't think he really relies on his explosiveness too much, he ages very well and peaks through the age of 33ish

reread this just now: so to sum up, there will come a time when he declines lol
                Last edited by stooley; Thu May 1, 2014, 02:32 PM.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                  Regardless of us wining this series or losing it 4-3, as of now, based on his play off performance, How much did Kyle Lowry increased his stock? Is he now a MAX player in this league ? Does it take 12+ /yr for Raptors to sign him now ?

Before the play offs, I have mentioned here that it will take a 4 yr, 56 million to sign him or 5 years 62 ... now, I think the price is even higher.
                  Lowry has been great this season but he's not a max player.

You give him 12-14 million a year and you're gong to wonder where all the salary cap room went and why they can't do anything to improve the team going forward.

You pay max to superstars. Lowry has played awesome this year, but he's only done it for one year. To open up the vault based on one season might be too big a gamble imo.

Lowry gives it his all every game but players like him (who sacrifice their body to no end) can start to break down physically without much notice. He needs to be rewarded for his efforts but you can't pay him that much.

Comment

Injuries are less of a concern unless they're career ending like Landry. Him missing a few games in the regular season probably doesn't impact Toronto's playoff chances. His salary isn't so large it would cripple the team for years.This is a reward for this season.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post

Better than Iverson? Iverson will be a HOF'er. Lowry's just had a career year at 27.

Iverson brought a team to the Finals. I understand the enthusiasm over Kyle after a game like last night but there is no comparison between the 2.

Comment

• 10 years 200 million lets get it signed
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          10 years 200 million lets get it signed
                          yearly?
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            10 years 200 million lets get it signed
                            Somewhere the Yankees instinctively yelled: "$275M!"

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Not sure about Lowry's worth, but what's becoming alarmingly clear is how much LESS DWill should be paid.

3 years and $60 million remaining. Yikes.
                              DWill fell quickly off the map after the trade from Utah. His ankles are brittle and he lost some of the 'power' in his game.

He's paid like a superstar but is clearly not one anymore. Still has some game left but he got molested last night.lol

Comment

• Lowry Deals I would Do

2 years 27 million (no options)
                                3 years 39 million (no options)
                                4 years 50 million (no options)
                                5 years 60 million (non gauranteed or team option on 5th year)

I don't think we can hand out the max based on one year. If he (for example and there is no reason he would) took the two year deal and played two more years like this one...then yes you gotta pay the man close to the max
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X