No announcement yet.

What would YOU pay Lowry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we can resign him for anything less than $12M per year I'll be happy.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      If we can resign him for anything less than $12M per year I'll be happy.
      4 years and 40 million is the goal for me. If you're Ujiri, you have to come to the table with this list: Curry, 9.8 million. Lawson, 10.7 million. Conley, 8 million.
      @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
        4 years and 40 million is the goal for me. If you're Ujiri, you have to come to the table with this list: Curry, 9.8 million. Lawson, 10.7 million. Conley, 8 million.
        Right but the agents respond with this:

Curry 4 years, $44M
        Lawson 4 years, $48M
        Conley 5 years, $40M

Agent will point to average annual salary when looking at Lawson, bring up Curry's injury history at time of extension, and point to Conley's 5 years.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Right but the agents respond with this:

Curry 4 years, $44M
          Lawson 4 years, $48M
          Conley 5 years, $40M

Agent will point to average annual salary when looking at Lawson, bring up Curry's injury history at time of extension, and point to Conley's 5 years.
          And then you point out Lowry's lack of successful history and league-wide image, and the fact that he's older than any of them. I think we can get him for less than the 12 million people are throwing around for a four year deal.
          @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
            And then you point out Lowry's lack of successful history and league-wide image, and the fact that he's older than any of them. I think we can get him for less than the 12 million people are throwing around for a four year deal.
            And things then get N-A-S-T-Y!

Comment

An average of $12m / season, front loaded for 4 years (maybe 5).
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Most people actually seemed to consider Conley overpaid at the time of that extension. He was quite average. Now he'd probably get max. Curry was coming off an injury riddled season and he wasn't as good as today. He's easily a max player now. It's ultimately meaningless. We can point at Deron Williams then, Lowry is much better right now, DWill makes 20 mil a year.

A lot of overpaid and underpaid players in this league.

Comment

5 year deal is crazy IMO. 4 years max. I would be ok with 3 yr in the 11-13 per range. Maintaining financial flexibility moving forward is key. Also I am a bit dubious about his performance this season, during a contract year.
                  Welp, that sucked.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                    Most people actually seemed to consider Conley overpaid at the time of that extension. He was quite average. Now he'd probably get max. Curry was coming off an injury riddled season and he wasn't as good as today. He's easily a max player now. It's ultimately meaningless. We can point at Deron Williams then, Lowry is much better right now, DWill makes 20 mil a year.

A lot of overpaid and underpaid players in this league.
                    Mike Conley would not smell a max contract. He averages 17-6, don't be silly.

Lowry's next contract is actually going to depend a lot on his playoff performance, but...

The people saying they wouldn't pay more than 8-10M should wake up, because you're not getting Lowry for Jeff Teague/Brandon Jennings money. He's definitely going to get a similar per-year salary to what those 2009 Draft Class PGs got.

Comment

Id put Lowry in the same tier as Ty Lawson, Jrue Holiday so $9.5-$12.5 mill/yr would be the range..keep in mind that $12mil is Rondo money. if we can sign him to a 3 year deal with 4th year team option in that range..we come out on top.

Comment

Since this is kind of just throwing numbers out right now -

What is the MAX amount people would give Lowry over a 4 year deal to keep him?

Assuming that if you don't give up the absolute most you feel comfortable with, he walks.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                          Since this is kind of just throwing numbers out right now -

What is the MAX amount people would give Lowry over a 4 year deal to keep him?

Assuming that if you don't give up the absolute most you feel comfortable with, he walks.
                          That's tough because I feel like we can't afford to lose him. I'd say 4 years $56M is the MAX, beyond that it gets a bit ridiculous. He'd be overpaid but he'd still be a desirable asset in trade (that's how I think about whether it's too egregious or not). Lowry at $14M per year is way more tradeable than Bargs or Gay were. Ideally the deal is below $12M per year.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                            Someone will offer at least 12-13 M/year.

I could live with 12/year. I mean, how many other point guards in the playoffs would you rather have right now? It's not that long a list. He's out performing a lot of guys.
                            Someone might offer that. They never cease to amaze. But teams may be wary of this year being an outlier.

Comment

Dont want to hijack the thread...but what is Bledsoe worth on his soon new deal?

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                                That's tough because I feel like we can't afford to lose him. I'd say 4 years $56M is the MAX, beyond that it gets a bit ridiculous. He'd be overpaid but he'd still be a desirable asset in trade (that's how I think about whether it's too egregious or not). Lowry at $14M per year is way more tradeable than Bargs or Gay were. Ideally the deal is below $12M per year.
                                What would you get in return though?

What team is not set at PG right now? Milwaukee, NY, Orlando, LAL is all I can think of.... and maybe Sacramento if they don't want Thomas back.

PG has never been so deep. Even teams that could use an upgrade, like Detroit, are locked in for another 3 years at Jennings for $8M a pop.

Comment

Working...
                                X