Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    KG is going to be so damn rusty.. I'd love if he played big minutes. He'll throw off the chemistry that the Nets had post all-star break.

The Raptors match-up actually pretty well against the Nets. Pierce is obviously the hardest cover especially since it will be Ross doing most of the work there (I hope Salmons is ready because he's coming in if Ross can't handle it). But the Nets will have a hard time stopping JV and if DD gets his shot going, they'll have to rely on AK47 to stop him.. and AK47 is not the same guy that played in Utah under Sloan.

Lowry is going to need to keep his emotions in check.. the refs are going to be calling a lot of stupid fouls against the Raps.
    Me too. That's my #1 hope. JV got seriously deep post position against him last time they met.

Also, Ross will guard Johnson, he has every single time they played and did it well. Amir usually guards Pierce, which is scary.

Comment

Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
      i cant wait for this over the nets !!!
      This Cracks me up everytime LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Only games I'll get to watch are Game 2 and Game 5 if it gets there... do I quit my job?
        Yes.
        OG is our king

Comment

Fuck. I think I may have to lay off the apps and stay away from RR during the games I won't be able to watch so I can PVR them and watch it on my own time!... thats going to be hard
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

After we win game one

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
              Me too. That's my #1 hope. JV got seriously deep post position against him last time they met.

Also, Ross will guard Johnson, he has every single time they played and did it well. Amir usually guards Pierce, which is scary.
              I find it funny that Amir did such a great job guarding Durant but struggles so much guarding Pierce who is slower and shorter and not as good a shooter as Durant is. If Amir can play D on Pierce anything close to the way he played it against Durant we have a very good chance.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                Only games I'll get to watch are Game 2 and Game 5 if it gets there... do I quit my job?
                Should you even ask such a ridiculous question? Of course yes.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

This has to be my favorite Casey quote:

Before the postseason picture was finalized, Casey said his staff had finished most of its video scouting and preparation work for all of Toronto’s potential opponents, a process that began over a week ago. “It’s very tedious, hard work, with the understanding that you really don’t know who you’re going to play,” he said. “But it’s got to be done.”

With the initial work done, his team will ready to face the Nets on Saturday night at Air Canada Centre. He seemed eager to get the ball rolling.

“It is basketball,” Casey said. “It’s not rocket science.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/17/sp...tors.html?_r=0

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                    I find it funny that Amir did such a great job guarding Durant but struggles so much guarding Pierce who is slower and shorter and not as good a shooter as Durant is. If Amir can play D on Pierce anything close to the way he played it against Durant we have a very good chance.
                    Yeah. Pierce is my #1 concern. He's got a unique game, can't imagine Amir would've defended anyone like him before (obviously Durant is unique as well). I think Pierce had one really good game against the raptors, he made so many big shots and I recall Amir was struggling to handle him, but Pierce's other 3 games vs the Raptors weren't all that amazing. Not sure who was guarding him in the first two games, as Pierce moved up to the 4 some time after Lopez went down, and that really helped the nets.

Comment

It's pretty clear that the Nets chumped themselves into this match-up by dropping games. Now, I get the idea of resting players (ala Spurs), but making a strategic decision the Nets made tells something about the culture a team has. It says "Look, we have a better chance facing X than Y, so lets make that happen".

True leadership says "Bring it on bitch".

What happens to the raps over the course of the post-seasons, to me, is not nearly as important as the accomplishments this team has made this season.

Bring it on.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Bad Blood here. This series could get real ugly real fast. Raps feel disrespected by Nets blatant tanking for the matchup!

You get the feeling some guys could be leaving the arena in an ambulance!

Good thing we got Hands, Bro! he ain't got no qualms clothes-lining a bitch if they cheap shot any of our guys.

We should have gotten Detroit to waive Charlie V. and bring him in to get under K.G.'s skin.
                        If Pierce clips a fingernail he'll ask them to bring in a stretcher, so it woulnd't surprise me.

On that note...we need to fucking BULLY them in the paint. JV and Amir need to show up big time -- everyone talks about how 'big' their guards are, but imo they are soft as fuck.

Just get HandsBRO to dump pierce on his ass the first time he brings it in the paint and show them who's boss.

Fuck you Brooklyn you old pieces of shit, I hope you get what's coming to you.

Comment

Fuck I'm pumped
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Id laugh if they give out black shirts at the barclays for game 3 and we wear our black jerseys

KARMA'S A BITCH
                            new jersey did this to us with their red jerseys... I hope we do this as well

Comment

Bah I won't be able to catch the game.

I'll sneak a few peeks at work somehow... we'll be able to take them methinks.
                              OG is our king

Comment

I hate the Nets bad enough that this series will take a serious toll on my health. Please let me sleep soundly, Raptors

Comment

Working...
                                X