X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Cap projected to go to $63.2M

From RealGM's wiretap (via Larry Coon):
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-By-77-Percent

The NBA 2014-15 salary cap is now projected to be $63.2 million and the tax level is projected to be $77.0 million. The numbers for 2015-16 are now projected to be $66.5 million and $81.0 million, respectively.

The official numbers won't come out until July when the NBA conducts its audit.

The salary cap and luxury tax values for the current season are $58.679 million and $71.748 million, respectively, which means the new cap projection for next season represents a 7.7% increase over this season.

The original revenue forecast for 2014-15 was $4.66 billion, so with an actual revenue of $4.75 billion, the players would get 60.5% of the difference, or $54.45 million, on top of their 50% guarantee ($2,33 billion), for a total of about $2.384 billion.

The increase could make signing Carmelo Anthony far more viable for the Houston Rockets and Chicago Bulls.

At this pace the "should we sign someone this year or wait for 2015 or 2016" question is quickly becoming moot. If there's another jump like this next year and likely an even bigger one in 2016 (because of a new TV deal), the Raptors will have room for two big signings.

Comment

Kyle Lowry's asking price just went up.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        Kyle Lowry's asking price just went up.
        I'd say he played like a $12 million player today, no better
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Hopefully with this increase in cap the raptors are able to keep the core of this team together and maybe get someone who can help down low. I'm thinking someone like a Greg Monroe type. If that's not possible maybe it can be addressed through the draft. I'd also be OK with Vinsanity returning next year to "right the wrong" and end his career with the Raptors.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            I'd say he played like a $12 million player today, no better
            I was hoping we could get him for $10 million per on a 4yr.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Get kevin durant up in here.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
              X