Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on how to get downtown without avoiding rush hour traffic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on how to get downtown without avoiding rush hour traffic.

I know this is an everything raptors forum, but I just needed some tips from my fellow RR brothers and sisters (if they exist).

Coming from Bolton, in the past I've taken 4 hours to get to the ACC to see a Drake concert. I was wondering if anyone here would know of an alternate, "hidden" route that can help me avoid the horrific gridlock that may take place Tuesday, though I know I can't escape Murphy's law, I figured it would be best to have an alternate route planned.

I'm leaving Bolton around 4:30pm, just in time for the rush.

Ps; I'm not one of the drivers from Fast and the furious (rip Paul Walker) and I'm not a granny on the road either.

Comment

a310pilot wrote: View Post
      I know this is an everything raptors forum, but I just needed some tips from my fellow RR brothers and sisters (if they exist).

Coming from Bolton, in the past I've taken 4 hours to get to the ACC to see a Drake concert. I was wondering if anyone here would know of an alternate, "hidden" route that can help me avoid the horrific gridlock that may take place Tuesday, though I know I can't escape Murphy's law, I figured it would be best to have an alternate route planned.

Unless you really need to drive and then park downtown I would suggest taking the GO bus or train from Bolton to Union Station. It will probably be direct and about an hour. You can give them a call and get the timings to and from. Parking is typically free at their lots.

Comment

Yep. Go Train saves you the headache and hassle of parking and traffic. Plus you can bring a couple beers for the ride.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Thanks! I'll look into that, I'm hoping the Go runs past 10pm to make it back after Raptors game

Comment

Thanks! I'll look into that, I'm hoping the Go runs past 10pm to make it back after Raptors game
            It does run past 10 (I'm pretty sure it's 24/7, but I have never went on it that late). Every time I go to a raptors game I always take the Go Train there and back (After 10)

Comment

Consider driving to Yorkdale shopping centre and park there and take the subway to Union. It's about 25 minutes on the subway.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                Consider driving to Yorkdale shopping centre and park there and take the subway to Union. It's about 25 minutes on the subway.
                That is, if you don't mind bullets whizzing by your head when you pickup your car in an deserted lot at midnight

Comment

yep. subway is pretty much the only way to avoid traffic. there are no secret routes downtown anywhere. its just horrible.

Comment

I'd lend you my teleporter but I'm using it on Tuesday sorry man. Little more heads up next time and we might be able to work something out.

Uncle_Si. Out.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      That is, if you don't mind bullets whizzing by your head when you pickup your car in an deserted lot at midnight
                      There are cars at Yorkdale late because the movie plex is open late.

Comment

best option is to take the go train all the way to union station. Its about $12 for a day pass which isnt too bad. Also, the last train leaves from union station at around 12 so you have plenty of time after the game. Its way better than going through the hassle of driving downtown then paying $20 for parking.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! GO it is, the yorkdale subway route seems perfect for an afternoon, early Sunday game lol

Comment

Working...
                          X