Ex-NBA Player Eric Williams - I'm Homeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-NBA Player Eric Williams - I'm Homeless

Albeit a little sad now with Eric's situation, we still traded VC for him as apart of a deal with the Nets back in the day. Thanks Babcock.

Former NBA player Eric Williams -- who spent 12 seasons in league -- says he is homeless and broke … this according to legal docs obtained by TMZ Sports.
    Williams -- who also appeared on "Basketball Wives" -- made the shocking statements in a letter he wrote to a Colorado court recently explaining why he could not attend a child support hearing in CO earlier this month.

Among the reasons, Williams says a "court-ordered citation for me to appear was not delivered to my home address as I have no home."

Williams -- who's on the hook for more than $24k in unpaid support to the mother of his 13-year-old son -- also says his financial situation is so dire, he can't afford airfare and has no money to pay a lawyer.

In his letter, Williams says he is currently a volunteer at an unnamed non-profit organization -- and says, "I'm in the rebuilding stages of my life."

We reached out to Williams for comment. So far, no word back.

Link - Click here

How did they reach out to a homeless guy for comment?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

He could have a phone.

Comment

Thats really sad.

Comment

How does this happen? 12 seasons? How many millions can you possibly lose...?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Almost $40 million in NBA salary.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...salaries::none

Comment

You cannot be sad for him if he wasted 40 million... In Africa for that sum of money whole village could be fed for generations.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                You cannot be sad for him if he wasted 40 million... In Africa for that sum of money whole village could be fed for generations.
                $40 mil makes it hard for people to feel sorry for him. Makes it hard for me as well.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I know he spent 40 million but no one should have to live on the street. Its still horribly sad.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                    I know he spent 40 million but no one should have to live on the street. Its still horribly sad.
                    I'm sure he could stay with Rob Babcock if he needed a place to crash for a while.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

After taxes and paying off his agent and lawyers, Williams likely only squandered something closer to $20 million.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        After taxes and paying off his agent and lawyers, Williams likely only squandered something closer to $20 million.
                        I don't think I could spend that in an entire lifetime...
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          I don't think I could spend that in an entire lifetime...
                          Are you 70 years old? Its alot of money but you're talking lasting your life witht your lifestyle. I dont think nba players are driving kias and bargain hunting at Costco
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                            I was gonna say something similar. Like when you hear of these Powerball Lottery winners getting like $300M, but choose the lump sum and take home about $180M or less...

And they say the Canadian tax system is messed up??

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Are you 70 years old? Its alot of money but you're talking lasting your life witht your lifestyle. I dont think nba players are driving kias and bargain hunting at Costco
                              That's BS. You're not buying a house in Burbank every year. Even 200k a year can let you live in luxury pretty easily and that's still not close to making 20 mil over a typical lifetime.

Definitely no sympathy from me. You'd have to be pretty fucking dumb to end up homeless with that much money at hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X