The Square

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Square

guys i was at the Game today (1 of the fans outside)

its crazy down there, best time i had in a long time in toronto, if i lived close i would go for everygame.

the only bad thing is that i lost my voice because of cheering to much when seeing DeRozan go clutch in the 4th

My point is that if you guys cant afford tickets GO THE THE SQUARE, its so fun and completely free
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Agreed. I was there on saturday and despite the loss I've never had such a blast as a sports fan. I can only imagine what it was like for today's win. I'm gonna go back to the square for game 3 that's for sure.

Comment

Yeah, went today as well, it was sick. Glad I got a t-shirt too.
      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

If the Raptors go on to win a few more games I'm thinking about Greyhounding it up to Toronto on one of my nights off to join the people in the Square
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I felt like I was lucky that the dudes seated right behind me left the game after half. Could it have been that I stood up way too much in the first half, and that drove you off? If so, beat it, loser. I wasn't about to sit down for anybody! Regular season is one thing to ask me to sit, but playoffs? You have absolutely no chance! Damn straight I was making sure I made use of that $150 Amrician! lol
          Game 3 on freakin FRIDAY should be hyped for the next one, hopefully its not as cold as tonight.

Comment

Do any other teams in the league do anything like what we have going on in maple leaf square? Feels very cool to be apart of and I highly recommend that anyone who is able to go, goes because it is definitely an experience
            "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

buckets wrote: View Post
              Do any other teams in the league do anything like what we have going on in maple leaf square? Feels very cool to be apart of and I highly recommend that anyone who is able to go, goes because it is definitely an experience
              I really dont know for sure, but I've never seen anything even close on TV to this. Its so fucking hype when you're down there too.

Comment

Plenty of my puckhead buddies were/are blown away by how loud Raptors fans are compared to their suit-wearing, sushi-eating brethren.

Keep it up guys! Well done!

Comment

OMG here we go...... can't just be a good time and great fans.... has to be a rip on Hockey, of hockey fans......have to call um "puckheads".

I love Hockey. Love it. Wish the leafs were in the playoffs right now. From what I saw last year in the square, I'm fairly certain that the crowd was identical, just wearing different colors.

Why bother to make some sort of ridiculous statement man. Its unneeded

Comment

Uh no, there's quite a difference between Maple Laffers and Raps fans. End of story.

You either get it, or you don't.

You don't.

Comment

I'm a leaf fan, whats the difference between me and you, please explain.

While you're at it. Tell me with a straight face that Maple leaf square during the leafs or olympic games was quiet and full of sushi eating suits.

Please do. Please say it and mean it.

Comment

There's your problem. You're comparing playoff fans to playoff fans.....instead of comparing fans to fans.

Comment

Raptors fans have a tendency being pessimistic and are more humble then Leafs fans. Leafs fans are outright delusional and obnoxious. (Says the Sens fan)

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                            Raptors fans have a tendency being pessimistic and are more humble then Leafs fans. Leafs fans are outright delusional and obnoxious. (Says the Sens fan)
                            Ding! Ding! Ding!

Imagine Cleveland Browns fans claiming they're Superbowl contenders every year. Delusional is an understatement.

Comment

Oh, my bad, I thought your "Puckhead" friend was blown away by playoff fans at the game just now....not the incredibly average raps fans I sat with during the season over the last 20 years or so.

Seemed like you were posting in the thread about "the square", and about the fans, last night, during the playoffs. Sorry Nilanka, I get confused sometimes by logic.

My point, which is really very simple. You can rave about raptor fans, and you can get caught up in the awesome vibe without insulting The Leafs, or their fans.

Fair enough?

Comment

Working...
                              X