Starting Lineup Salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    This starting lineup core will be broken up way before the Raptors need to resign either Ross or JV
    What makes you say that? Out of curiosity.

Ross/Jonas/DD are all actually FAs in 2017/2018. Though, DD has a PO in 2016/2017.

Amir is a FA in 2015/2016, and Lowry is a FA in 2014/2015.

So...as long as we can resign Lowry and Amir, our S5 "Core" stays together?

Though, that's only based on if there are no moves. I'm sure Masai is trying to pick up some big name FAs.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post

Ross/Jonas/DD are all actually FAs in 2017/2018. Though, DD has a PO in 2016/2017.

Amir is a FA in 2015/2016, and Lowry is a FA in 2014/2015.

So...as long as we can resign Lowry and Amir, our S5 "Core" stays together?

Though, that's only based on if there are no moves. I'm sure Masai is trying to pick up some big name FAs.
      cough cough Kevin Durant cough cough
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
        cough cough Kevin Durant cough cough
        Other than Mr. Durant, lol.

I honestly forsee two difference scenarios:

If, we can get Durant, then I would say Masai would look to keep Amir. We need that defensive anchor, Durant isn't known as an amazing defender either, truthfully.

JV and Amir have been working well, and JV's defense will only improve. I Don't think he'll ever be DPOY status, but, he'll be a decent rim protector, JV that is.

With Lowry/Durant/DD to carry the scoring load, you really jsut need JV/Amir to hold down the fort, and grab the boards and everything.

Then, you have Ross coming off the bench. Though, depending on his development, sadly I realy could see him replacing DD, unless DD makes big strides in his defense. We still need a starting wing that's as close to a lock-down defender as possible.

Or, if we don't end up getting Durant, I'd say Masai might push for a more scoring oriented PF. Somebody a little more versatile on offense than Amir, and have Amir in the second unit beasting against the scrubs.

Comment

Outside of Durant which FA would you target really. Wiggins might be a great play in 5 years.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just don`t see this group of starters making any threats for a championship run in the near future so with that in mind, I do see Masai making big splashes with trades either this summer or next season and 1 or 2 of the starters will be gone.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Outside of Durant which FA would you target really. Wiggins might be a great play in 5 years.

Truthfully, the Big 3 could all be FAs by then. They have POs in 2014/2015 and 2015/2016, lol.

Could see LeBron/Bosh opting out for one final max?

Lebron/Bosh are both 30 this season, assuming they play one more, at 31, they're only likely going to get 1 more max contract/near max. They'll get another one after that max for sure, but, maybe not at max. Would you pay Max money for a 36-yr old Bosh/Lebron? Might want to secure that long contract in case they hit an injury?

Comment

I just don`t see this group of starters making any threats for a championship run in the near future so with that in mind, I do see Masai making big splashes with trades either this summer or next season and 1 or 2 of the starters will be gone.
                I could agree with that. Though, if our target is Durant in Free Agency, then that allows us to technically keep as much as possible.

If we don't get Durant in FA, then, yes, we'll likely lose the core due to some trades.

Comment

I can see trades down the road but I think Toronto's salary structure remains intact. A 10 mil player could be added without entering luxury tax and a max level if Amir is signed at a lower contract after next season. There just doesn't seem to be an impact player available next 2 years outside Durant.

Comment

This starting lineup core will be broken up way before the Raptors need to resign either Ross or JV
                    I think either ross or demar are gone if we lose in the first round
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I can see trades down the road but I think Toronto's salary structure remains intact. A 10 mil player could be added without entering luxury tax and a max level if Amir is signed at a lower contract after next season. There just doesn't seem to be an impact player available next 2 years outside Durant.

Andrea Bargnani?

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                        Andrea Bargnani?
                        Look at my avatar
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I could agree with that. Though, if our target is Durant in Free Agency, then that allows us to technically keep as much as possible.

If we don't get Durant in FA, then, yes, we'll likely lose the core due to some trades.
                          Durant is a pipe dream at this point, so what if he liked the Raptors as a kid and on occassions hangs around Drake? he is either going to stay with OKC or go to a place surrounded by stars like Lebron did in order to win. Could you imagine if Durant decides to join Lebron somewhere??!! I would be so disgusted I might stop watching the NBA all together.

Comment

Durant is a pipe dream at this point, so what if he liked the Raptors as a kid and on occassions hangs around Drake? he is either going to stay with OKC or go to a place surrounded by stars like Lebron did in order to win. Could you imagine if Durant decides to join Lebron somewhere??!! I would be so disgusted I might stop watching the NBA all together.
                            Join LeBron in Toronto?

Comment

Amir isn't going to take less money. He's a good bargain at his contract now, he's not going to give up money, lol. Maybe stay the same, but I dont' see him taking a pay-cut.

He's been battered up and all, but the summer is going to do wonders for him.

I completely agree. Durant is a pipe-dream, but, he's a clear goal for MU/TL in Free Agency, that's what I'm saying though. Just have to prepare for different scenarios. I don't think it's hugely likely that we get Durant anyways, but like I said, I only see the "Core" staying in tact if we do pick up Durant. Otherwhse, we're going to see DD/Ross moved, for what I think is going to be a PF that can score a bit more.

If LeBron and Durant team up, I'm never watching the NBA again.

Comment

Durant isn't that far fetched. If you think of the contender next two seasons Toronto isn't that far off.Lakers, Knicks are rebuilding. Other teams have capped out rosters. Contenders with cash space is pretty rare.

Comment

Working...
                                X