What would you do if you were?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if you were?

The Raptors either missed the playoffs or were annihilated in the first round. Bosh is leaving and you have three long and expensive contracts (Bargs, Turk, and Jose) What would you do in the off-season if you were....

Option 1: BC

Option 2: MLSE

MLSE fires BC. New GM (Sam Presti?) then rebuilds through the draft. But it is absolutely important that a good drafting GM is obtained.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
      MLSE fires BC. New GM (Sam Presti?) then rebuilds through the draft. But it is absolutely important that a good drafting GM is obtained.
      Maybe we can poach a assistant GM from the Rockets or Thunder.

Comment

I though Calderon could've been traded at the deadline and still has some trade value. If we move him to the bench and he gets to play well against backups, it'll help his value.

Bargnani, we're hoping someone sees the same potential in him that Colangelo insists exists.

Turkoglu is untradeable. Thinking optimistically, there could always be a contending team out there that thinks it's one piece away and would be willing to overspend.

Comment

if i was mlse, i'd be the freakin gm, i'd spend as much money needed to become good and i'd fire all of my mlse staff because they're goons who don't know how to properly run sports franchises.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Babyface_killah wrote: View Post
            The Raptors either missed the playoffs or were annihilated in the first round. Bosh is leaving and you have three long and expensive contracts (Bargs, Turk, and Jose) What would you do in the off-season if you were....

Option 1: BC

Option 1: If I'm Colangelo...
            1.) Get something in return for Bosh. Ideally a center.
            2.) Try and find a Turkoglu buyer who will fork over some expiring deals or is willing to give something of value back... Not likely.
            3.) Move Jose Calderon. Try and get a draft pick back and start building the right way.
            4.) Hang on the Andrea and see how he rolls at the 4 for a season.
            5.) Offer expiring contracts for picks and/or strong defensive players.
            6.) Keep Amir in Toronto.
            7.) Sign a guy with the MLE. One guy. Time to concentrate the talent. Better to have one guy who can play than two or three who can't.
            8.) Start considering my options at head coach. Make a list of candidates, start secretly researching and planning for the best time to clean house. Jay would be my 2011/2012 scapegoat and I would probably play the card before the season finished if the right opportunity arose.
            9.) Buy some smaller collars to match by updated league reputation.

1.) Send a fat cheque to myself after another solid year on the books.
            2.) Start considering who out there could do a better job than Colangelo keeping in mind I have a little under a year to come to a conclusion so that there's still time make a move if need be.

Comment

Hire BC's old man and get a first round pick for BC to the Knicks or Nets.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Just saying, the Knicks dont have a 1st for the next couple of drafts

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Can you actually trade a GM?
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

Brain fart, didn't mean Presti, i meant Pritchard, the Portland guy who might be in hot water..

Comment

If I were MLSE, I would sell the team to another owner who is willing to spend money in order to win (I wonder if Jim Balsillie is into basketball...).

If I'm BC, I ask my dad to do all the decision making stuff.
                      "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Depending on what happens in Washington I offer Hedo, Banks and Belli for Arenas.

Even if he's still a headcase the buyout money was being wasted on Hedo anyways.

Comment

Will Agent 6 be allowed to travel to Canada?

That's pretty much our best move. Gilbert has a lot to prove and be a lot of fun to watch.

Although I'm not opposed to spending the money we would of spent on Bosh to simply buy out Turks contract.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                            Will Agent 6 be allowed to travel to Canada?

That's pretty much our best move. Gilbert has a lot to prove and be a lot of fun to watch.

Although I'm not opposed to spending the money we would of spent on Bosh to simply buy out Turks contract.
                            hey genius, buying out players doesn't do shit. They will still stay on the books until his contract ends without actually having him play for us. The only good that might come from it, is that another team might sign him for the MLE, and we will only have the extra 4 mill in our books each year.

If Bosh leaves, which he will, this team will be fucked for years to come... We will be the New York Knicks for the next 3-4 years.

Game plan:

As much as I was a BC fan since day one, he has literally single handedly fucked this team over. I mean if you actually looked at the stuff he has done, it is really sad... Traded Charlie V for TJ ford. Traded TJ ford and a first round pick for O'Neal. Then traded O'Neal and first round pick for Marion. And finally he Traded Marion to sign up Turk.. So lets get this straight. We gave up a young guy which at the time had a lot of trade value (Charlie V) along with 2 first round picks to sign Turk for 50 million $? That is really sad....All of his moves at the time made sense, but we are not GMs for a reason.... He should have anticipated all of this... That is what good GMs do... Otherwise I would be a GM right now...

Fire BC, fire Triano. Get something in return for Bosh, hopefully a young talent and a top 10 pick... Trade Bargs out, and trust me guys Bargs will have a lot of attraction in the market. Trade Jose for a pick, Jose is surely movable. And we have no choice but to tank Turk's contract for another 4 years... Stick with the young guns and some scrubs for now. Oh yea trade JJ out too, he will have some value in the market.. maybe a 1 second rounder and an expiring contract...

Bottom line, we will be the Knicks for some years, and then we could hope for some other mediocre seasons, I am done cheering for this team any more, I feel like I am being used....
                            Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

Brain fart, didn't mean Presti, i meant Pritchard, the Portland guy who might be in hot water..
                              All of the savvy drafting was done when Pritchard was assistant G.M, the year they traded Tyrus Thomas for Aldridge and Randy Foye for Brandon Roy. Im sure he was involved in the deals as assistant, ill give credit where credit is due.

Since taking the reins, he took Oden over Durant - injuries or not a clear mistake - and his other 2 first round picks have been Brandon Rush and Victor Claver, as well as several 2nd round picks who have not panned out. Ok, not a lot here, i would probably call this a wash due to insufficient sample size, but he definitely doesnt jump out at me as a great drafter.

He has made some great trades, but the point im getting to (eventually) is if you do want to build through the draft, its hard to argue with Colangelo.

Notable picks: Michael Finley(21st), Steve Nash(15th), Stephen Jackson(43rd), Shawn Marion(9th), Amare Stoudemire(9th), Leandro Barbosa(29th, acquired rights from SA for future 1st rd pick).

Yes there have been some bad picks in there as well but that is a pretty solid record. With Toronto, i HATED the Bargnani pick but in hindsight that was a terrible draft year, getting a solid 2nd/3rd offensive option is more than anyone else could say that year outside of Brandon Roy. Some people argued Aldridge would have been a better fit(i sure did) but i would put the 2 players on similar levels. This year Derozan has been neither a bust or breakout, giving us solid contributions on some nights and not much on others, around what most expected. Brandon Jennings would have been nice, but i highly doubt he would have got half the touches in Toronto he gets in Milwaukee(especially at the start of the year).

I am not a fan of BC at all. He has made some terrible deals in his time in Toronto. But if the draft is our only option - and its hard to see us going any other way if Bosh walks - then that seems like the one thing BC CAN do right.
                              Last edited by obviouslywow; Sun Mar 28, 2010, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X