Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #3: Toronto Raptors 98 - Brooklyn Nets 102 (Nets Lead Series 2-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME #3: Toronto Raptors 98 - Brooklyn Nets 102 (Nets Lead Series 2-1)

Haven't made a thread in a while, so let's see if we can get the good luck going again.

Your Toronto Raptors

VS.

Some old guys named the Brooklyn Nets

And this guy...

Gonna be a crazy hostile environment, so let's go to Brooklyn, guns blazin'!

LET'S GO RAPTORS!

Last edited by KazanTheMan; Thu Apr 24, 2014, 10:33 AM.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

I wonder what Jay-Z would do if he got lint on his pants....

Comment

Limit turnovers, guard the 3, rebound, and move the ball.

Oh, and what Masai said

Comment

Expect some shitty officiating tonight.

Jay Z is fucking illuminati there.

#ConspiracyTheory #JustAnotherDayInTheLifeOfRaptorsFan

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          Expect some shitty officiating tonight.
          Tomorrow night.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
            Tomorrow night.
            My bad, probably should've made that clear.
            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Yay, go Raps!

If we can actually shoot the three in this game (cough cough TRoss cough cough) we can win!

And don't turn the ball over twice as much as they do.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Anyone going to this game should park here:

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Anyone going to this game should park here:

Game one there were fans that had similar sign in end zone.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I wonder what Jay-Z would do if he got lint on his pants....
                    Buy new pants.

Comment

Comment

OK... Lineup thoughts for this game! Casey did a good job last game, but I'd like to see him do more of:

- Lowry-on-D-Will at all times. ALL times. Vasquez can't do it.
                        - Quick subs for the bigs, keeping them fresh.
                        - Fields or Ross on JJ at all times. Never should DD be checking JJ. Ever. Fields only on when JJ is.
                        - Anytime you can run DD out there with no JJ cover, do it. Similarly, anytime you can get away with defensive matchups for DD and GV, get them on the floor. Anderson, Livingston, Thornton - these guys can be defended.

So I put together a shift breakdown based on last game's minutes for the Nets. Obviously some of that will change, but it should give us a good idea of ideal sub patterns.

1st Q: Starters as usual, Ross guarding JJ.
                        4 mins: Garnett subbed out here last game for Plumlee, but he might not until later. Fields for DD, Patman for Amir. Ross switches over to Livingston.
                        6 mins: Here is where they subbed Teletovic for Pierce and Anderson for Livingston. Anderson's an easy guard, so bring Vasquez in for some early minutes.
                        10 mins: They brought in Thornton for JJ here. Sub Amir in for JV to give him a breather. Amir-Patman can handle Plumlee/Teletovic. DD back in for Fields as JJ goes to the bench.

2nd Q: Lowry finally gets some rest as Williams sits. Vasquez-Ross-DD-Patman-Amir against their Livingston-Thornton-Anderson-Pierce-Plumlee bench unit. Patman chasing Pierce, Amir on Plumlee.
                        4:00: JJ checks back in for Anderson, Kirilenko in for Thornton, Blatche for Plumlee. Match up with Fields in for Ross (DD can guard Livingston, or better be able to) and JV for Patman (JV can handle Blatche in the post). Amir chases Pierce.
                        8:00: Williams back in, so Lowry is too. Teletovic in for Pierce, Garnett in for Plumlee. Patman comes back in for tired Amir to chase Teletovic. Ross in for DD to get a breather and to spread the floor (time for JV to go to work inside, with Teletovic not much of a help presence, and Ross dragging AK to the perimeter).

3rd Q: Nets and Raps run their starters, except Fields in for Ross. DD checks Livingston.
                        4:00: Vasquez in for DD, Ross in for Fields, Patterson in for Amir. Again, here or sometime later Garnett will check out for Plumlee, but it doesn't really matter when, as JV can handle either of them.
                        6:00: Here they checked Livingston out for Anderson. Assuming Garnett is sitting by now, good time to check JV out for some rest. Amir in at C.
                        8:00: Teletovic in for Pierce. Anderson is still on the court, so sub DD in for Vasquez and pray he can defend him better being fresh.

At this point, I've tried to keep everyone really fresh, especially with 3rd Q rest. DD has played only 22 minutes (necessitated by keeping him off JJ), so he's fresh as a daisy. JV likewise has played 24, and only 6 in the 3rd Q. So he should be good to go. Lowry is the exception, as he's matched Williams' playing time: two full quarters plus 4 minutes.

4th Q: Bench unit of Livingston, Anderson, Kirilenko, Teletovic, Plumlee. Raps counter with Vasquez (getting Lowry rest while we can), DD, Ross, Amir, JV. Should be able to do real damage against that unit.
                        4:00: May want to sub JV out for Patterson here for a couple minutes. No Nets subs last game. If DD is tired, can bring in Fields for DD.
                        6:00: Here is where the Nets brought their starters back in, mostly. D-Will, JJ, AK, Pierce, KG. Raps match with Lowry, Fields, DD, Patman, JV. DD checks AK.
                        10:00: Amir can check back in with a couple minutes left if Patman tires.

That breakdown is long, but as short as I could manage. The minutes end up like this:

Lowry 34
                        DD 32
                        Ross 28
                        Amir 30
                        JV 34
                        GV 24
                        Patterson 32
                        Fields 26

With a couple minutes going from Patman to Amir if Amir checks back in to end the game.

The only 12 minute Q's are Lowry's 1st and 3rd, matching up with D-Will. Everyone else is limited to 8-10 minutes in a Q at most, with a couple 6 min Q's for everyone.

Now, obviously the Nets won't run the exact same rotation, but following the matchups I outlined would give a lot of balance, running most of the 8 man rotation fairly equal minutes, keeping legs fresh and maximizing matchup advantages.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lets go and get the job done. Raps in 5!

#whatMasaiisaid
                          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            1st Q: Starters as usual, Ross guarding JJ.
                            4 mins: Garnett subbed out here last game for Plumlee, but he might not until later. Fields for DD, Patman for Amir. Ross switches over to Livingston.
                            6 mins: Here is where they subbed Teletovic for Pierce and Anderson for Livingston. Anderson's an easy guard, so bring Vasquez in for some early minutes.
                            10 mins: They brought in Thornton for JJ here. Sub Amir in for JV to give him a breather. Amir-Patman can handle Plumlee/Teletovic. DD back in for Fields as JJ goes to the bench.
                            Once again, it makes no sense to take Demar out after only 4 minutes. I really don't understand this. Like it or not, he's our lead scorer, and you need to give your lead scorer enough time to get into a rhythm and warmed up.

And why are you basing all of your moves off what they are doing?
                            Should we not be trying to drive the tempo?

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              OK... Lineup thoughts for this game! Casey did a good job last game, but I'd like to see him do more of:

- Lowry-on-D-Will at all times. ALL times. Vasquez can't do it.
                              - Quick subs for the bigs, keeping them fresh.
                              - Fields or Ross on JJ at all times. Never should DD be checking JJ. Ever. Fields only on when JJ is.
                              - Anytime you can run DD out there with no JJ cover, do it. Similarly, anytime you can get away with defensive matchups for DD and GV, get them on the floor. Anderson, Livingston, Thornton - these guys can be defended.
                              I think I like Ross on D-Will more due to his size advantage and speed on D-Will. Also JJ will just post up Ross and work him due to the strength issue. JJ is just a tough matchup for SG's and hence why he has had such a successful career. D-Will is not the player he used to be, but I am still afraid that he can take over a game and win one. I would like to make sure that never happens in this series by having Ross guard him at all times.

This means that Lowry will be on Livingston, which I am fine with because it pretty much ensures that Lowry will be fresh for the offensive end as well as not be in foul trouble.

As crappy as it sounds in our starting lineup I think DD is our best option on JJ due to his strength. It worked quite well in game 2 when we sent a very quick double to JJ whenever he tried to post up DD, and we did a good job of rotating the coverages. Fields should be worked in depending on situation. If we aren't getting killed by JJ early then ride DD, but if DD is getting worked then give him a quicker hook, especially if he isn't producing offensively.

I think De Colo would be a good option defensively against DWill if Lowry or Ross need breathers/foul trouble.

Plumlee scares me (is that strange?) and would like to see him countered by Hansborough, who will only get Plumlee in more foul trouble and keep him from impacting the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X