NBA & Refs in Playoffs - RR Conspiracy Theory thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    As disgraced as he was, you can't ignore former NBA ref Tim Donaghy and what he had to say about the officiating in the Raps / Nets series.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...nets-referees/
    AND it drives me crazy no one is looking into this. What are the position of people around the league? Why does this keep getting swept under the rug. I remember that Raps/Nets Series, Tim D, called a terrible foul that swung the Nets favor and added to their momentum, I remember thinking to myself then that that miss call was tooooo obviou, something is not right here. And there are moments where I get that same feeling. As a fan I'm heartbroken, really this is a slap in the face.

Comment

That article by Tim Donaghy was pretty enlightening. It pretty much explains the calls we see and I don't mean just on the Raptors. I tend to watch a lot of basketball from various teams and this explains just about everything. Pretty terrible. Probably wont be watching much basketball going forward as I have always suspected this to be the case but even with how shady TD is I believe it.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
        That article by Tim Donaghy was pretty enlightening. It pretty much explains the calls we see and I don't mean just on the Raptors. I tend to watch a lot of basketball from various teams and this explains just about everything. Pretty terrible. Probably wont be watching much basketball going forward as I have always suspected this to be the case but even with how shady TD is I believe it.
        Because Tim Donaghy is a reliable source?

Please don't bring signs like that. It's embarassing.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
          Because Tim Donaghy is a reliable source?

Please don't bring signs like that. It's embarassing.
          Yeah, I half agree with you. It's possible that he's telling the truth, but it could also be him trying to somehow in someway get revenge on the NBA. Both are equally probable.

Comment

Here's the question: How reliable is Donaghy? He might just be saying things Toronto fans want to hear to gain public trust.

I have seen nothing in this series to suggest NBA is against Toronto. One or two blown calls doesn't mean the league is out to get you.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
              Me being a former and hopefully future KW-er agree with your point exactly. It was pretty 50-50 until the last like 4 minutes. Not sure I believe that it's intentional though, maybe just their vets getting calls, because they're vets. Who knows ... but we need to win even with Brooklyns sixth men goin at us at the worst of times.

BTW love your avatar. Especially cuz the previous was obnoxious, it literally made me sick looking at it lol.
              I thought the bargs derozan fusion would win us a game but it didn't so on the next righttttt hahaha
              Last edited by yabadabayolo; Sat Apr 26, 2014, 09:36 PM.
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

NBA officials are exactly as biased toward Canadians as Canadians are biased towards NBA officials.

Comment

Nba refs are most definitely biased. Buzzer you're soooooo off the mark it's laughable if you think the target is "Canadians"
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Excuses excuses.

We've been the victim of bad reffing in the past, but not this series. There are always going to be a few bad calls for you and a few bad calls against you. We've taken 91 free throws, they've taken 92.

Citing the refs is just refusing to accept that we have been outplayed, or as Jack said, that our talent level is not as high as the Nets (due to their experience).

Comment

Refs in this league are awful though, and there's definitely something fishy in terms of bias. Just watch this CHI-WAS game for an example. Chicago is in this game despite being vastly outplayed. Nearly every 50/50 call going their way so far. Some WAS fouls weaker than plays not being called against CHI. It just makes the game less enjoyable for anyone who's not a Bulls fan

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok Chicago not really as in it now. But they were getting killed early and calls basically got them back within 4 before the wizards went on another run

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I laugh.

I laugh because people are so blind.

This situation has zero to do with the NUMBER of foul shots.

Its about what call, and when, and on who.

You look down the stretch.... you cannot miss if you're toronto because Brooklyn has Pierce, and pierce is either scoring, or there is a whistle. its that simple.

I look at the off the ball stuff too.... Toronto gets mugged a lot.

I dont care anymore to be honest, the Raptors have yet to execute MY game plan..... if they had, they'd be getting ready to win 3 straight right now.

they need many, MANY hard fouls on NJ's key guys. Just absolutely hammer them to the floor. Break a hand on a lay up..... just kill um. make them sore, and tired, make PP and KG have to get up off the floor a lot..... it makes a difference.

toronto refuses to do it though.

Comment

I look at the series and feel that the Raptors are down 2 to 1 because they were badly outplayed in the 3rd quarter of game 3 and that Ross has been missing in action all 3 games.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              I laugh.

I laugh because people are so blind.

This situation has zero to do with the NUMBER of foul shots.

Its about what call, and when, and on who.

You look down the stretch.... you cannot miss if you're toronto because Brooklyn has Pierce, and pierce is either scoring, or there is a whistle. its that simple.

I look at the off the ball stuff too.... Toronto gets mugged a lot.

I dont care anymore to be honest, the Raptors have yet to execute MY game plan..... if they had, they'd be getting ready to win 3 straight right now.

they need many, MANY hard fouls on NJ's key guys. Just absolutely hammer them to the floor. Break a hand on a lay up..... just kill um. make them sore, and tired, make PP and KG have to get up off the floor a lot..... it makes a difference.

toronto refuses to do it though.
                              I feel that. That's how we gotta take them off their game, play a Detroit Bad Boys brand of basketball. I was watching the 30 for 30 documentary on them earlier and these guys took everyone off their game with their hard ass fouls. Hans can be our Bill Laimbeer and chuck Hayes our Rick Mahorn
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

David stern called the refs out of retirement. He said let's get the rr forums to shut the fuxk up. Let's conspire to give em a game.
                                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
                                X