NBA & Refs in Playoffs - RR Conspiracy Theory thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    Probably the Demar one because I thought that could of been called a block. The one amir drew on Pierce I felt was definitely a charge. I'm not saying they cant play a big part. But if one team is significantly better throughout the whole series I dont think the refs can have the team they want to win, win.
    Exactly, and I agree 100%. It's the old adage, take the refs out of it. If the raps execute their game plan and play hard, score buckets the refs won't be a factor
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

The title of this thread is completely offensive. to anyone who has a solid understanding of both the game of basketball, and of the landscape of professional sports, there is nothing even remotely CLOSE to a conspiracy...... there's just reality. Its subtle at times, and at other times, painfully obvious.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        Again, I ask, does this somehow surprise you?

This type of action isn't new. I think too many Raptors fans don't remember what playoff basketball looks like at times.
        again, fuck that, completely offensive.

Please tell me I dont know what playoff ball is.

Please do.......

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          One of the charges, not sure which, even as a raptors die hard I know wasn't a charge. Glad we got it and that's definitely not what got us the win. The raps definitely did want it more and that's how it's been all series, the team that lost the previous game wants the next one more.

As for the bold, it's naïve to think that the league and refs *cant* play a big part in the momentum and outcome of games. They without a doubt can. Now that's not to say they do, or even have done in this series, but as a basketball fan you must know that refs have a huge impact on the game.
          they were all charges. please tell me why you think they werent'. use the rule book too ok.

I dont think you have a clue what youre talking about. ever taken a charge, like, a real one, in a real game?

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            they were all charges. please tell me why you think they werent'. use the rule book too ok.

I dont think you have a clue what youre talking about. ever taken a charge, like, a real one, in a real game?
            Not selling enough Mercedes Craig? Not my fault dude.

Yeah I've taken plenty of charges and usually they only get called (correctly) when the defender establishes position (by planting his feet and not moving) and the offensive player charges into him. DeRozans left foot looked to be moving.
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

When it's them, it's by the book
              When it's us, it's a conspiracy

Comment

again, fuck that, completely offensive.

Please tell me I dont know what playoff ball is.

Please do.......
                Are you complaining about the refs?

If no, then this comment doesn't apply to you so don't get your panty's in a twist.

If yes, then perhaps you've forgotten what playoff basketball looks like. Clutching and grabbing is the norm.

Nothing the refs have called has been a surprise. Bad calls, some good calls; not much going our way. All expected.

Get over it. Play through it.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

The title of this thread is completely offensive. to anyone who has a solid understanding of both the game of basketball, and of the landscape of professional sports, there is nothing even remotely CLOSE to a conspiracy...... there's just reality. Its subtle at times, and at other times, painfully obvious.
                  hahahahahahaa... ha... ha... ha.. oh wait, youre serious?
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

The human brain is designed to recognize patterns, it's how we understand the world.

Sometimes, it finds patterns in what, actually, is random noise.
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Sorry to post again, but too many silly responses like the one above about finding random patterns. KG pushing the shit out of JV every time they go for a rebound is an obvious foul that is done right in front of the refs all game and they don't call it, or if they do, it's against JV for no fucking reason. We're not talking about random noise patterns or some shit like that terrible Jim Carrey movie. Just using our eyes while the game is on to see obvious fouls being ignored by the ref, or the blatantly wrong call being made.

I also find it hilarious that people were saying we should stop complaining since the refs made 3 calls our way at the end. Of course they're all overlooking how painfully obvious those fouls were. They weren't makeup calls, 50/50 calls, close calls, or gifts from the refs, they were just too damn obvious for the refs to ignore that late in the game without causing a huge stink.

When the phantom calls start coming our way too then I'll gladly shut up about the reffing.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        Sorry to post again, but too many silly responses like the one above about finding random patterns. KG pushing the shit out of JV every time they go for a rebound is an obvious foul that is done right in front of the refs all game and they don't call it, or if they do, it's against JV for no fucking reason. We're not talking about random noise patterns or some shit like that terrible Jim Carrey movie. Just using our eyes while the game is on to see obvious fouls being ignored by the ref, or the blatantly wrong call being made.

I also find it hilarious that people were saying we should stop complaining since the refs made 3 calls our way at the end. Of course they're all overlooking how painfully obvious those fouls were. They weren't makeup calls, 50/50 calls, close calls, or gifts from the refs, they were just too damn obvious for the refs to ignore that late in the game without causing a huge stink.

When the phantom calls start coming our way too then I'll gladly shut up about the reffing.
                        The human brain also sometimes has a selective memory.

It's not a big surprise that raptors fans remember the bad calls on the raptors more so.

On top of that, our broadcast isn't analyzing the iffy calls that go our way, or generally even showing them to us in slow mo after.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

But if they wanted to be biased they could've called them blocking fouls, it wouldn't have been any more egregious of a call then any of the other bad calls in the series. Calling a foul on that D-Will drive at the end of Game 3 didn't cause that big a stink and that was a bad call.

Why do you believe it's obvious when it happens for us and it's biased when it happens against us? Why is it more plausible for you to believe that it's a well coordinated command coming from up high and not just mistakes being made by people in a high pressure job?

Comment

If your avatar is real I take back everything I've ever said or thought I knew.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                              The human brain is designed to recognize patterns, it's how we understand the world.

Sometimes, it finds patterns in what, actually, is random noise.
                              Someone's been watching Cosmos

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Someone's been watching Cosmos
                                Hahaha, actually, I have been.

But I learned that from The Signal and the Noise by Nate Silver: http://www.amazon.ca/The-Signal-Nois.../dp/159420411X

Really good read, for anyone who cares for that kind of stuff.
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X