Donald Sterling Selling Clippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    How is that an ignorant statement? all i'm saying is, if they really want to send a message, then boycott the game. They already made a point by wearing their warmup jerseys inside out and wearing black socks/wristbands. Taking off their shooting shirts and dumping them at center court is a little bit too much. You've already made your statement, doing that is a little bit dramatic. Just play basketball OR boycott the game.
    Contract says they have to play. If they don't, they're in breach of contract and can be sued. So they HAVE to play.

They just don't have to play well.

EDIT: And they're really not playing well. Down 37-19, and its visible. Griffin just screwed up a break away.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Apr 27, 2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

How is that an ignorant statement? all i'm saying is, if they really want to send a message, then boycott the game. They already made a point by wearing their warmup jerseys inside out and wearing black socks/wristbands. Taking off their shooting shirts and dumping them at center court is a little bit too much. You've already made your statement, doing that is a little bit dramatic. Just play basketball OR boycott the game.
      Sorry that IS ignorant. I believe that they should be allowed to take any and all action to protest INCLUDING boycotting the game. There is NOTHING they could do that would even be considered too dramatic. Thank you though now i've found someone else to add to my ignore list.

Comment

Well because they are under contract, and they also still care about the paying fans.

They have to play out the games, and they will, but I doubt they will put much effort into it.

As far as whats dramatic. I dunno man, I dont know you personally or anything but I am gathering you aren't affected by racism much, but if you are, surely you can understand how a group of young, black athletes might feel about their boss being a complete racist. These guys have parents, or grandparents that werent even allowed to vote, or drink out of "white" fountains. This is not a small deal man, its very, VERY serious and I feel for those guys. Its fucking disgraceful. So if they want to continue sending messages, and making statements, I completely understand them, and I also completely support them in doing it.

Comment

sidenote....

the clippers, even in tier success, keep findd\ing ways to be "the clippers"

hahahhaa what a franchise man.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            Contract says they have to play. If they don't, they're in breach of contract and can be sued. So they HAVE to play.

They just don't have to play well.
            I don't believe they are trying not to play well. Between their messed up minds and Seth Curry's lights out shooting, the score isn't that surprising.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I am a man first so there is no way in hell I would play another game for the clippers if I was any player on their team. Lost a lot of respect for every player and coach that is participating in game 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                I am a man first so there is no way in hell I would play another game for the clippers if I was any player on their team. Lost a lot of respect for every player and coach that is participating in game 4

Again, they don't have much choice.

Comment

So you would commit a crime (break contract) ?
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Yep

Comment

Man first

Comment

I would look at it as this is bigger than me a statement has to be made

Comment

Man first

I don't think it has anything to do with "being a man".
                          A man takes care of his family, and does what's right by his.

I'd rather take my Million Dollars from that bastard than give him an excuse to take my money after finding out he's already a racist prick.

Comment

I would look at it as this is bigger than me a statement has to be made

And that's on Adam Silver. Not the Players.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              I don't think it has anything to do with "being a man".
                              A man takes care of his family, and does what's right by his.

I'd rather take my Million Dollars from that bastard than give him an excuse to take my money after finding out he's already a racist prick.
                              Money can always be made. What kind of message does that send to your family and kids. I don't know about anyone else but I got to look at myself in the morning and be happy with the man in the mirror. I've quit a job over something similar

Comment

Money can always be made. What kind of message does that send to your family and kids. I don't know about anyone else but I got to look at myself in the morning and be happy with the man in the mirror. I've quit a job over something similar

Are you kidding me? How does throwing an anger tantrum make 'justice'? Let the league punish him, and continue to do your job. There are 1000000 other ways to handle it rather than bring the playoffs to a halt and disappoint fans. Why does one bigot have to lead to everyone elses suffering? Its almost like letting him win.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X