Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    "IM PART OF A CULTURE!"

a culture our generation has tried to exterminate for the past 50 years...

This guy cannot even vocalize his stance (from what I have read so far) with any substance ...not that there can be any when it comes to discrimination and racism which is one of the great moral sins.

Donald Sterling is jewish and brought up Israel in his discussion re using as example how white jews in Israel treat jews of black ancestry there...hence....the logic seems to be inescapable to him!! Incredible. Nevermind that jews, especially in Israel have the Holocaust seared in their culture and memory and this of course came about thru another even more insidious form of racism and discrimination practised by the German Nazis. He of course is probably unaware that there were many jews who helped greatly with the civil rights movement of the 60s probably because of their own "cultural history".

And then there is Cliven Bundy...but that is another story. Race is still an issue in America (see how many treat President OBama with open disrespect). I am not surprised.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      Figured this is how things would go down. Should be a great resolution to the problem if sterling is forced to sell to magic
      That would indeed be freakin awesome

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

The sponsorship's are now pulling out. First State Farm and CarMax. KIA and American Virgin just pulled theirs moments ago.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
          The sponsorship's are now pulling out. First State Farm and CarMax. KIA and American Virgin just pulled theirs moments ago.
          Awesome. That'll leave him with no chance but to sell franchise to Magic or Seattle investors! or someone else ofcourse...

Comment

Comment

Up think everybody is blowing this way out of proportion. The dude was having a private conversation and didn't really say anything that bad. I work with three Black guys and they don't even think what Sterling said was bad. People love to jump on the racist bandwagon.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

pece wrote: View Post
                Up think everybody is blowing this way out of proportion. The dude was having a private conversation and didn't really say anything that bad. I work with three Black guys and they don't even think what Sterling said was bad. People love to jump on the racist bandwagon.

in 2003 he paid $5m+ settlement to Housing Rights Center after this racist tried to force non-korean tenants out of apartments in Koreatown section. - He hasn't received any media attention for some reason.

in 2006 he was sued again because of discrimination in the same neighborhood. Only few people noticed this lawsuit.

in 2009 he paid $2.73m settlement because he refused to rent houses to black and hispanic people.

and now this. Enough is enough. I love media attention, it was long time coming.

Comment

If you own a house, it is your right to rent it to who want. That's my opinion!

Comment

The fact he got sued for it is a joke!!!

Comment

• I can't say I'm terribly interested in this controversy as we've all known (or should've known) for years that Donald Sterling is a scumbag. He's been one for decades. Remember when he was bringing in women to the locker room to stare at his players? As others have pointed out, his businesses have actively discriminated against minorities. Beyond the discrimination, Sterling's operations in several places have amounted to slums. Everyone knew this. The NBA head office knew, the owners knew and, let's be real, Doc Rivers, Elgin Baylor, et al., knew as well. Sterling got away with it cause he was of the correct political stripe and donated enough money to Grievance-Industrial Complex to get a pass (e.g. his NAACP awards).

Now all the Very Serious People (TM) (the same ones who gave him awards and took his money when he was giving it to them and politicians they like) are outraged. This says way more about all the people who have let this guy skate for years than it does about Sterling cause we already knew he was awful.

As an aside, "poor" Doc Rivers who took millions from Sterling and bailed on the Celtics cause he wanted a title is now a victim. Please.

Comment

• pece wrote: View Post

Joke? What joke???

He owns 1/4 of South Los Angeles, not only just few houses. He's producing income out of public.

Sounds like you're still in high school and don't know that every business is regulated by certain bodies of government.

He got sued because of federal law. It is illegal to refuse to rent house to people because of race, skin color, disability, sex, etc.. You can't even ask questions about race, disability... It's illegal.. and if it's funny for you to break the law, then I hope you'll end up in jail someday.
                        Last edited by rocwell; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your narrow minded views.

People have to live somewhere. If blocks of apartments get bought up and refuse to rent to blacks, latinos and people with children, it puts a huge strain on these people and society in general.. Equality rules are there for a reason. If you don't like it, invest your money elsewhere.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I wanna know why you think you can coach these niggers.
                            That's because of all the blacks in this building, they smell, they're not clean.
                            Is she one of those black people that stink? [...] Just evict the bitch.
                            And then basically instructs his girlfriend to stop taking pictures around black people.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I understand that it's illegal. I get it. Sterling employees Blacks, he has a half black girlfriend and he said he would rather rent to the Korean community. Aren't Koreans a minority also??? He should be able to decide who he rents to based on his past experiences. I

Comment

• Pece, try to tell me those quotes are 'not so bad'. Go one by one through them and explain your point of view as to how such a discriminator should be responsible for the livelihood of ANYONE.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X