Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #4: Toronto Raptors 87 - Brooklyn Nets 79 (Series Tied 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside. The raps have to go inside. Amir needs to get the ball on the PnR and try and get some baskets in the paint. And I'd wish the boys would let him try and get position on Pierce in the post. I don't know why we aren't trying to exploit that matchup? Amir might not be the best post player, but he should be able to get some baskets against Pierce. Same with JV, he needs some touches inside. He never got enough attention in the last game, and we have to go back to him. Give him the ball and tell him to wait and have patience. The help will come and then pass it out. If it doesn't come make a move a get a decent shot off.

Also, if we go with Amir in the post, JV can easily work out of the high block to draw his defender away from the basket. If Garnett helps on Amir there is an easy outlet out to JV for a shot or pass to swing the ball. If the play in the post breaks down, JV is already in position to run a screen or PnR if Amir has to dump the ball out to the perimeter.

Taking advantage of Amir and Jonas inside should also help the Raps control the pace and slow the game down a bit.

Also, I agree with starting Fields. Ross isn't ready for this shit, and the need for him to check the toughest matchup for the Raps isn't helping him. I'm not as concerned about spacing as others are. Get the ball inside to Amir and JV, and if they have any patience at all I bet they get the opportunity to fire some easy passes to a cutting Fields. Fields may not provide the spacing Ross does (is he even providing that so far?) but someone from BKN will have to chase him around the court or he will get some easy looks. Fields will not be able to stop Johnson, but he should minimize Johnson's effectiveness out of the post, where he is doing most of his damage and where BKN starts to run most of their stuff.

Starting Patterson over Amir is unnecessary. Pierce hasn't been the problem we anticipated and unless Amir's ankles are wonky, I'd keep him starting.

Comment

James Capers, Zach Zarba, Jason Phillips our refs tonight.

Let's go Raps!

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
        Need ross to show up, hopefully make an early 3 to get him going. I know Brooklyn's D is good but it isn't impossible to get his shots
        It shouldn't be that hard, he can use his quickness running off the curl or off the double down screen set play to get his shots off, JJ's not as quick as him, should be having hard time chasing after Ross, I just worry that Ross picking up quick fouls again, that'd totally suck.

Comment

I hate to make obscure comparisons here but as UFC's Dana White always put it before every fight, "Do not leave it to the judges." Cut the TOs down, move the ball, attack the rim and defend... all 4 quarters. Besides, It's important to carry this momentum back to TO.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I'd love to see more of the play where they give it to amir at the high post and demar cuts back door. Seems to always lead to an easy basket or free throws because demar cuts hard and gets past his man.

Comment

Game 4: Toronto Raptors @ Brooklyn Nets, 4/27/14

JawsGT wrote: View Post
              Inside. The raps have to go inside. Amir needs to get the ball on the PnR and try and get some baskets in the paint. And I'd wish the boys would let him try and get position on Pierce in the post. I don't know why we aren't trying to exploit that matchup? Amir might not be the best post player, but he should be able to get some baskets against Pierce. Same with JV, he needs some touches inside. He never got enough attention in the last game, and we have to go back to him. Give him the ball and tell him to wait and have patience. The help will come and then pass it out. If it doesn't come make a move a get a decent shot off.

Also, if we go with Amir in the post, JV can easily work out of the high block to draw his defender away from the basket. If Garnett helps on Amir there is an easy outlet out to JV for a shot or pass to swing the ball. If the play in the post breaks down, JV is already in position to run a screen or PnR if Amir has to dump the ball out to the perimeter.

Taking advantage of Amir and Jonas inside should also help the Raps control the pace and slow the game down a bit.

Also, I agree with starting Fields. Ross isn't ready for this shit, and the need for him to check the toughest matchup for the Raps isn't helping him. I'm not as concerned about spacing as others are. Get the ball inside to Amir and JV, and if they have any patience at all I bet they get the opportunity to fire some easy passes to a cutting Fields. Fields may not provide the spacing Ross does (is he even providing that so far?) but someone from BKN will have to chase him around the court or he will get some easy looks. Fields will not be able to stop Johnson, but he should minimize Johnson's effectiveness out of the post, where he is doing most of his damage and where BKN starts to run most of their stuff.

Starting Patterson over Amir is unnecessary. Pierce hasn't been the problem we anticipated and unless Amir's ankles are wonky, I'd keep him starting.
              this plan kind of sounds messed up to me. ross HAS to get going, or whats the point. we aren't competing for a championship or anything. not sure how you aren't concerned about spacing but still want the ball inside to amir and JV. how would that work when kidd knows he has no reason to defend Fields from practically anywhere on the court. As bad as Ross has been playing, they know what he can potentially do. as for exploiting the amir/pierce matchup? what exploit?? pierce's mobility makes him a pretty good pnr defender. pair that with the fact that amir really doesnt even have a reliable post-up game also doesn't help convince me of this plan either.
              Last edited by iblastoff; Sun Apr 27, 2014, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  however this ends....raptor fans are amazing

Comment

Zone

I would like to see Toronto play some zone defence. A 3-2 scheme would keep their shooters on the perimeter where they are shooting abysmally this series. I also would like to see some double-teaming of the man with the ball, either Williams or Johnson.

By the way, Coach Casey said he is "looking at" replacing Ross in the starting lineup. My guess is that he will go with Greivis Vasquez at shooting guard and DeRozan at small forward.
                    Last edited by caccia; Sun Apr 27, 2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

I think Patterson should start to be honest. I love Amir but he is not mobile enough right now.

And we need to stop overhelping.

We can still win this game if we stay cool.

GO RAPS

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                        I would like to see Toronto play some zone defence. A 3-2 scheme would keep their shooters on the perimeter where they are shooting abysmally this series. I also would like to see some double-teaming of the man with the ball, either Williams or Johnson.

By the way, Coach Casey said he is "looking at" replacing Ross in the starting lineup. My guess is that he will go with Greivis Vasquez at shooting guard and DeRozan at small forward.
                        Heck no.

We can't defend dribble penetration on man-to-man defense, so how do you think we'll defend dribble penetration with zone def. ? Dribble penetration is very effective in breaking down a zone. Also, nets are due for good 3-point shooting night and zone def. would weaken our already weak perimeter defense.

Comment

Leave it as is. The key to me is foul trouble and 3's. Decrease fouls (aka no th at all. Fucking guy picked up like 4 fouls in 5 minutes that really messes with how guys defend because u don't want to be sending to the line all the time). Next if we hit 3s at our average clip we win game 3 regardless of the turnovers. Brooklyn doesn't get shit from them anyway.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post

There's no way they are going to do something as drastic as play zone. Have they done it all year?
                            Ross will probably be benched though

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              James Capers, Zach Zarba, Jason Phillips our refs tonight.

Let's go Raps!
                              This could be more significant than many realize. Zach Zarba-- Born Zachary "Zach" Zarba (born 29 April 1975). Zarba was born in Brooklyn, New York and attended the public schools there, graduating from William J Alexander. Zarba married Christiane Darby in July 2013 in New York. They have a son. He resides in Brooklyn.

Pay attention to how many times he fucks us during the game.

I'm going to wear my tinfoil hat to the game.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                I think Patterson should start to be honest. I love Amir but he is not mobile enough right now.

And we need to stop overhelping.

We can still win this game if we stay cool.

GO RAPS
                                Amir was one of the reasons why they won game 2. He's banged up, but he's vital to the teams success. If benching a starter for tonight's game I'd prefer Ross but even then I think he should start and just limit his minutes if he's having another tough night.

Comment

Working...
                                X