No announcement yet.

Starting 5 for game 5???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's more important how you end the game than how you start the game. Altering the starting line could affect chemistry which can backfire.

Despite how Ross plays, I think GV should get more minutes anyways. He's the only guy that you can really depend on to handle the ball especially when you want Kyle off the ball near the end of the game.. but let GV come off the bench. GV's also proven that he's capable enough to hit a big shot when one is needed. His defense is questionable of course but when the team is struggling to score I have more faith in GV to get a bucket over Ross at this point.

Comment

Imagine how much Ross will learn out of this if he manages to get at least one good game before the end of the serie. Fast track to veteranship.

On the other hand, you get him out of the starting line-up, you're pretty much f***ing his career on a mindset standpoint.

Comment

Ross better show up in Game 5, he's run out of excuses.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

+1 to Ross showing up. He's had 4-Games to get jitters out, excuses here and there, he better put up a decent performance.

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
            Imagine how much Ross will learn out of this if he manages to get at least one good game before the end of the serie. Fast track to veteranship.

On the other hand, you get him out of the starting line-up, you're pretty much f***ing his career on a mindset standpoint.
            Agreed, being replaced by Johnny Clutch and getting DNPCDs for the rest of the playoffs would be absolutely terrible for his mindset. I'm happy they're sticking with him, even if it means keeping him on a short leash like in G4. Hopefully he can hit a few shots and find some confidence.

I don't think anyone is making any excuses for him though. He's simply wet the bed so far in the playoffs. It's just the cold hard facts, it's not an Excuse...as JV is younger than him and hasn't had any kind of problems adjusting.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
              as JV is younger than him and hasn't had any kind of problems adjusting.
              Other than the 15 turnovers
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Other than the 15 turnovers
                True, but that's always been a problem for him when he gets it in the post I think. Was more referring to his overall confidence out there, he appears to be thriving off the pressure playing with energy and emotion, looking forward to seeing him feed off that crazy crowd in game 5.

Comment

I agree with most that the starting 5 should stay the same. I didn't feel that way before game 4, but Ross was certainly more engaged and effective defensively last game, and that's the most important thing for him right now. If he plays strong D, he can stay on the floor and the offensive opportunities will come and no doubt he will knock them down. This kid makes one shot and look out, the flood gates could open.

Ross does not look ready for playoff basketball atm, but we shouldn't give up on him. The kid is a baller, we all know that, so it's only a matter of time. Also, starting him does not mean you commit to playing him X minutes, so he can be yanked at any time in favour of Vasquez.

Comment

Working...
                  X