Clear All

• Starting 5 for game 5???

I think we should start with:
    PG: Greivis Vasquez
    SG: Kyle Lowry
    SF: DeMar DeRozan
    PF: Amir Johnson
    C: Jonas Valanciunas

I find the 2 PG system works well for us. Now I'm not saying keep them on the court together for the whole game (we need a backup pg and I don't trust de Colo enough yet). I'd like that crew to play the 1st quarter then put Ross or Fields in.

I'd also like see Amir / Jonas / Patterson ... 2 of the 3 on the court at all times unless we get into foul trouble. You can toss in a Hansbrough to fling Garnett across the court

Just my 2 cents.

ohhh and of course .... Fuck Brooklyn

Comment

Keep same starting lineup. Keeps better balance with starters and bench. Just have to hope Ross snaps out of it at some point and at least has one good game.

There is nothing wrong with the lineup...and in fact, Ross was better defensively last game, and if you take him out for Vasquez, your perimeter D to start the game is a hobbled Lowry, Vasquez and DeMar. Rather keep Ross in and keep Vasquez's scoring punch off the bench. He's still going to close the game in all likelihood, and as has been said many a time, that's what matters more than who starts.

Comment

If any change is to be made, I'd like to see Fields or Salmons (preference is for Fields with starting-5) start ahead of Ross.

DeRozan, Lowry and Valanciunas (pleeeeeeeeeeeease get him more involved offensively, for f*ck sakes) should carry the offensive load, allowing Fields/Salmons to focus on defense against JJ.

I really hope Ross gets more minutes and I think playing against Brooklyn's 2nd unit is exactly what the doctor ordered. Playing him alongside Vasquez & Patterson should allow him to be an offensive focal point (Vasquez's facilitating could really help Ross), without such a demanding defensive assignment.

The 2nd unit had issues scoring last game, so perhaps swapping a scorer (Ross) for a defender (Fields/Salmons), would bring better balance to both units.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          If any change is to be made, I'd like to see Fields or Salmons (preference is for Fields with starting-5) start ahead of Ross.

DeRozan, Lowry and Valanciunas (pleeeeeeeeeeeease get him more involved offensively, for f*ck sakes) should carry the offensive load, allowing Fields/Salmons to focus on defense against JJ.

I really hope Ross gets more minutes and I think playing against Brooklyn's 2nd unit is exactly what the doctor ordered. Playing him alongside Vasquez & Patterson should allow him to be an offensive focal point (Vasquez's facilitating could really help Ross), without such a demanding defensive assignment.

The 2nd unit had issues scoring last game, so perhaps swapping a scorer (Ross) for a defender (Fields/Salmons), would bring better balance to both units.
          Salman sips not a defender nor is he a offensive player. He should not come in at all, fields would be great tho
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

There was a tweet by paul Jones earlier that they are going to stick with ross

Comment

No, Terrence has to play through this. This year about developing and winning at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Comment

It's too risky in my opinion to change the starting line up. These guys have started together for 3/4 of the season, and everyone knows their role whether it's Vasquez knowing he needs to come in to be a spark or Ross knowing he just needs to hit open 3s and play defence.

If it was 3-1 or we were getting blown out in the losses I'd agree to this, but the games have been close. More importantly as well is the fact we've won the last 2 first quarters, that's what you want your starters to do.

Comment

Starting 5 for game 5???

Keep the same starting lineup. What I'm intrigued by is the 4th quarter lineup of Lowry Vazquez DD PP and Amir. Defense is stellar with those guys

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      It's too risky in my opinion to change the starting line up. These guys have started together for 3/4 of the season, and everyone knows their role whether it's Vasquez knowing he needs to come in to be a spark or Ross knowing he just needs to hit open 3s and play defence.

If it was 3-1 or we were getting blown out in the losses I'd agree to this, but the games have been close. More importantly as well is the fact we've won the last 2 first quarters, that's what you want your starters to do.
                      Yea if Ross was taken out we would have a bargnani move all over again just like when Sam Mitchell put Andrea as the sf when they played Orlando
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Keep same starting lineup. Keeps better balance with starters and bench. Just have to hope Ross snaps out of it at some point and at least has one good game.

There is nothing wrong with the lineup...and in fact, Ross was better defensively last game, and if you take him out for Vasquez, your perimeter D to start the game is a hobbled Lowry, Vasquez and DeMar. Rather keep Ross in and keep Vasquez's scoring punch off the bench. He's still going to close the game in all likelihood, and as has been said many a time, that's what matters more than who starts.
                        if anything, ross should be extremely fresh since hes barely played. theres just no way he can go 5 games and not get SOMETHING going.

Comment

keep the winning formula intact. we have done brilliantly all season with this lineup. leave it, ross will get it going and vasquez will bring his swag off the bench

Comment

The more I think about it, I like keeping Ross in the starting five. He has gotten really open at times during this series, and either wasn't given the ball or simply missed shots he can make. We'll see how he shoots in game five.

Keep Grevis coming in off the bench for sure. He definitely provides a spark off the bench that is key for withstanding a Brooklyn run when Kyle or Demar comes out.

Comment

Stick with Ross. I want consistency here.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X