Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank Kyle Lowry on the all time greatest Raptor?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    thats kinda my problem...no matter how hard I try I can't forget him
    It gets worse when the primo commercial keeps showing on tsn. They're still showing it my god.

Comment

fredericklove wrote: View Post
      It gets worse when the primo commercial keeps showing on tsn. They're still showing it my god.
      From the looks of it, they've been showing that ad since we drafted Damon Stoudamire
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        Well Demar has been a Fan Favourite (Just not RR favourite) since he was a rookie, so doesn`t really have anything to do with Rudy or Andrea leaving.

And "literally the only year he's actually been good" ... seriously? Lol

And again, I'm not sure how you are quantifying "way bigger impact", but I don't see it being that large of a gap.

I just think that on an overall "Raptors Resume", Demar has a bigger one.
        Not trying to take anything away from Kyle. Just trying to get Demar his due.
        in terms of raptors resume, what has derozan really done besides just be here longer? i guess participating in dunk contests (and not winning) or something? outside of this year, what are you considering his accolades to be on this team?

Comment

Lol ... These are the kind of idiot opinions that make me laugh about how overrated Lowry is. He plays 1 decent year as a raptor and the lowry homers are out trying to tout him as greatest "all time" raptor? Rofl. Btw not one of these posts mention Oakley, Stoudamire, JYD and others among many real "all time" raptors ... Lol lowry.

Comment

Lol no one mentioned t-mac either? Lol lowry.

Comment

Let's put it this way: he's not in my top 10 yet, but leading us to a victory in this series and then resigning on a fair (market-value or slightly less) contract in the offseason would probably leapfrog him all the way up to top 5.

But in terms of favorite, rather than greatest? He's in my top 3 already.

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
                Lol ... These are the kind of idiot opinions that make me laugh about how overrated Lowry is. He plays 1 decent year as a raptor and the lowry homers are out trying to tout him as greatest "all time" raptor? Rofl. Btw not one of these posts mention Oakley, Stoudamire, JYD and others among many real "all time" raptors ... Lol lowry.

Amen. Like honestly, one good year and people are saying he's one of the greatest.

Comment

This is probably the nicest thing you've ever said about Lowry.

You do realize that T-Mac didn't really come into his own as a player until after he left the Raptors? It actually was part of why he left in the first place.
                  Last edited by Just Is; Tue Apr 29, 2014, 03:37 PM.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Vince
                    Bosh
                    Derozan
                    Calderon
                    Lowry
                    Stoudamire
                    Tj ford love this guy

I don't inderstand how lowry can be higher than derozan, they have both had an equal effect on the raptors this year while derozan was an all star and has been here 5 years. If lowry continues his badassness into next year and beyond, then he defiantly should go above derozan but not now. It's only been 2 years guys remember last year everybody was pissed off with this guy
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      in terms of raptors resume, what has derozan really done besides just be here longer? i guess participating in dunk contests (and not winning) or something? outside of this year, what are you considering his accolades to be on this team?
                      That's an important part of a resume. When people talk about Kareem Abdul Jabbar's greatness, they mention all the career records that he has and his longevity. Same with DeMar and his "Raptor greatness." DeMar is top 10 in nearly all Raptors career statistical categories, in some of them top 5. On the Celtics or the Lakers his career achievements would be laughable but in the Raptors history they stand out.

Comment

I think people are going off based on favourites and not on all time greatest. And knowing people in RR, nobody seems to like DeRozan for some reason and love Lowry.

Comment

Jorge Garbajosa!
                          (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

TMac is a greater Raptor than Hakeem Olajuwon but not as great as Andrea Bargnani.

Comment

t-mac played for one or two years before he forced his way out. definitely not a great raptor
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

We seem to have a thread like this about twice a year, once during a lull in the season and once during a lull in the offseason. The biggest debate always seems to be around the meaning of "greatest Raptor", and rightfully so.

- Is it the greatest basketball player who happened to wear a Raptors jersey at some point? (ie: Hakeem)

- Is it the greatest basketball player during his time in a Raptors jersey?

- Does the players' personal greatest play and/or achievement have to have come while wearing a Raptors jersey?

- Is there a minimum years requirement, to have been a great Raptor?

- Is there a team success requirement, to be considered truly great?

- Is greatness more than just statistics? If so, is it influence, popularity, longevity, etc...?

- Does off-court behavior and/or the reason/manner he left the team come into play?

- Does 'greatest Raptor' = 'greatest player' at all?

---

With all the questions and asterisks associated with so many of the players likely to be considered for this list, given the above criteria to consider, not to mention the bleak history of this franchise, there's only one truly right answer!

Comment

Working...
                                X