Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5: Brooklyn Nets 113 - Toronto Raptors 115 (Raptors Lead Series 3-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post

I'm going to make that rant my ringtone and miss every call so I can hear it in all its glory.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Less GV. One of the reasons why we lost that huge lead was because GV cannot defend worth a damn. That is why Ross should be playing because of his defense. If you are playing Lowry and DD you don't need another ball dominant guard to dribble around. You go for defense and spot up shooting to spread the floor. I dare the Nets to keep leaving Ross open. Once he sees a few go in....
      Wtf dude, you really are a Ross fanboy. You seriously want ross over gv right now. If gv wasn't in during crunch time yesterday who would have naked that 3 when Brooklyn was about to take over not ross

Look I love ross but there is no fucking way he should play over gv right now. Gv is killing it on offence while Ross has been complete shit. Sure Ross's d has been solid, but no way he plays over gv over salmons all day anyday but not over gv.

All your posts are pro ross man understand that he is not at that level yet
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post

Nice try buddy!
        He got so angry after lmao

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
          And this is what makes me wonder how were not considered a top Market. Millions of Canadians watching. If we meet miami you can tack on 2 million for viewers from canada to however many eyeballs are watching in the U.S.. this has to account for something with the nba.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            You seriously want ross over gv right now. If gv wasn't in during crunch time yesterday who would have naked that 3 when Brooklyn was about to take over not ross

Look I love ross but there is no fucking way he should play over gv right now. Gv is killing it on offence while Ross has been complete shit. Sure Ross's d has been solid, but no way he plays over gv over salmons all day anyday but not over gv.

All your posts are pro ross man understand that he is not at that level yet
            The way that I worded my blurb is not Ross > GV (because right now that is silly)*. It is that when you have Lowry and DD on the floor already, Ross is a bit better because he is a better defender and we don't need ball dominant guards in that lineup. I'll go over it again here:

OldSkoolCool wrote:
            Less GV. One of the reasons why we lost that huge lead was because GV cannot defend worth a damn. That is why Ross should be playing because of his defense. If you are playing Lowry and DD you don't need another ball dominant guard to dribble around. You go for defense and spot up shooting to spread the floor. I dare the Nets to keep leaving Ross open. Once he sees a few go in....
            Again, not saying Ross > GV, just saying that Ross is a better option to have with that lineup IF WE NEED MORE DEFENSE, like we did in the fourth when the Nets dropped 44 points on us.

1st Bold: Hypothetical situations like that are useless. It could just as easily be: "if Ross was in the game he would have hit 2 threes and had a steal". Useless.

2nd: Yessir I am. I'm also pro- De Colo, Val, Amir, Lowry, Pattman, Hansborough and Fields. Sue me. It is hard for a player to look good when this happens(http://on.nba.com/1lEuYZH) only to be put on the bench after. I distinctly remember Ross shaking his head on the bench after DD 1) doesn't pass it to him on the fast break, 2) doesn't pass to him as he is wide open in the corner for 3 seconds, and 3) shoots a bad shot and yet Ross is the one taken out. Bit hard to produce like that isn't it??

*Edit: Link goes to DD's shots from last game. Please watch his fourth attempt at length

Comment

The way that I worded my blurb is not Ross > GV (because right now that is silly)*. It is that when you have Lowry and DD on the floor already, Ross is a bit better because he is a better defender and we don't need ball dominant guards in that lineup. I'll go over it again here:

Again, not saying Ross > GV, just saying that Ross is a better option to have with that lineup IF WE NEED MORE DEFENSE, like we did in the fourth when the Nets dropped 44 points on us.

1st Bold: Hypothetical situations like that are useless. It could just as easily be: "if Ross was in the game he would have hit 2 threes and had a steal". Useless.

2nd: Yessir I am. I'm also pro- De Colo, Val, Amir, Lowry, Pattman, Hansborough and Fields. Sue me. It is hard for a player to look good when this happens(http://on.nba.com/1lEuYZH) only to be put on the bench after. I distinctly remember Ross shaking his head on the bench after DD 1) doesn't pass it to him on the fast break, 2) doesn't pass to him as he is wide open in the corner for 3 seconds, and 3) shoots a bad shot and yet Ross is the one taken out. Bit hard to produce like that isn't it??

*Edit: Link goes to DD's shots from last game. Please watch his fourth attempt at length
              I see where your coming from, misunderstanding on my part my bad bro

I would never put ross over gv right now unless Ross is dropping like 50. Gv has massive balls man, I don't know how he can walk so straight

Comment

You're not all wrong, but in that link, if DD makes that pass to Ross, Joe Johnson is right there to intercept it.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Interesting fact:

Matches the eye test.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                    Interesting fact:

Matches the eye test.
                    Why does he continue to play!?!? )':
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• The five Raptors games that have held the title of most-watched ever:

Nov. 3, 1995 – Raptors inaugural game vs. Nets – 580,000
                      Dec. 10, 1995 – Raptors vs. Grizzlies (first NBA game between two Canadian teams) – 605,000
                      May 6, 2001 – After defeating the New York Knicks for their first playoff series win, Raptors beat Philadelphia in Game 1 of the Second Round – 819,000
                      May 20, 2001 – Two weeks later, Raptors lose Game 7 of the Second Round series vs. Philadelphia (Vince Carter misses the winning shot at the buzzer) – 916,000
                      April 30, 2014 – Raptors take 3-2 series lead in First Round vs. Nets – 1,003,000

From TSN pr
                      Last edited by rocwell; Thu May 1, 2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        The five Raptors games that have held the title of most-watched ever:

Nov. 3, 1995 – Raptors inaugural game vs. Nets – 580,000
                        Dec. 10, 1995 – Raptors vs. Grizzlies (first NBA game between two Canadian teams) – 605,000
                        May 6, 2001 – After defeating the New York Knicks for their first playoff series win, Raptors beat Philadelphia in Game 1 of the Second Round – 819,000
                        May 20, 2001 – Two weeks later, Raptors lose Game 7 of the Second Round series vs. Philadelphia (Vince Carter misses the winning shot at the buzzer) – 916,000
                        April 30, 2014 – Raptors take 3-2 series lead in First Round vs. Nets – 1,003,000

From TSN pr
                        Wow we actually have a lot of rivalry beef with New York teams

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          That's the mystery. Nobody knows. It'd be different if he played better than he looks...or looks better than he plays...but he looks just as good as he is.

For what its worth, (considering the filter of the playoffs) that ranking might also be an improvement over the regular season where he was the player with the lowest FG% and a minimum of 300 attempts in the league. He finished the year having made just 36.3% of his 413 field goal attempts, 10 percentage points lower than any other qualifying player. Source

I actually laughed out loud reading an article going over each playoff team's weakness in the playoffs. And while other teams had rebounding or offense or the like, Toronto got John Salmons. A single player. Amazing.
                          Last edited by Just Is; Thu May 1, 2014, 05:56 PM.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                            You're not all wrong, but in that link, if DD makes that pass to Ross, Joe Johnson is right there to intercept it.
                            It is a drive middle (right) kick out situation, DD drove left. A skip pass across would be a truly terrible idea. I should have clarified.

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            *Casey grabs massive blunt*

"Because Wesley Snipes mannnn...."

*Puff puff - cough - pass - cough*

"He's a vet!"

*giggles*

Just Is wrote: View Post
                            For what its worth, (considering the filter of the playoffs) that ranking might also be an improvement over the regular season where he was the player with the lowest FG% and a minimum of 300 attempts in the league.
                            O_o

Gettin dem checks I suppose...

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              That's the mystery. Nobody knows. It'd be different if he played better than he looks...or looks better than he plays...but he looks just as good as he is.

For what its worth, (considering the filter of the playoffs) that ranking might also be an improvement over the regular season where he was the player with the lowest FG% and a minimum of 300 attempts in the league. He finished the year having made just 36.3% of his 413 field goal attempts, 10 percentage points lower than any other qualifying player. Source

I actually laughed out loud reading an article going over each playoff team's weakness in the playoffs. And while other teams had rebounding or offense or the like, Toronto got John Salmons. A single player. Amazing.
                              To be completely fair, despite that, John Salmons shot 38.8% from three. So he provides that over Fields.

He's not great, but he's really the best option we've got for a back up wing.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Why do people defend John Salmons he just received an award for worst regular season performance in the NBA. Alan Anderson and Rudy Gay are money compared to him. He makes 7 mil

Comment

Working...
                                X