X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Boozer

Take Boozer +First Rounder for Salmons.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not sure how I feel about that. Chicago's best 1st rounder is just a few spots ahead of us. And getting Boozer makes it essentially pointless to re-sign Patterson (even if it's just for 1 year at QO) because there would be a huge logjam at PF.

Just say no to Boozer, I think.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Apr 30, 2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Don't resign GV or PPat for Boozer and #16 ( I don't want to check which pick)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd do boozer and 16 for 'bro and salmons

If there was a player available at 16 MU and Co were excited about him.... Like 'Po last year for example.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          I'd do boozer and 16 for 'bro and salmons

If there was a player available at 16 MU and Co were excited about him.... Like 'Po last year for example.
          And...let Patterson walk?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            And...let Patterson walk?
            Raps could keep him with bird rights

As for playing time, who says boozer has to play?

Comment

Raps could keep him with bird rights

As for playing time, who says boozer has to play?
              Yeah, but where would he play? We'd have Amir, Boozer and 2Pat at PF. We'd have JV and probably still Hayes at C. You want Boozer to get into any of those guys minutes? And before you say Hayes, remember that would mean Boozer "anchoring" our D.

I just don't see it as a good enough reason to pick up Boozer for a year (even with his massive expiring contract) if our roster stays the same. There's gotta be an easier way to pick up/swap for a mid-teens pick in this draft.

Comment

Raptors could just amnesty Boozer. We're buying the #16 pick by taking Boozer

Comment

Yeah, but where would he play? We'd have Amir, Boozer and 2Pat at PF. We'd have JV and probably still Hayes at C. You want Boozer to get into any of those guys minutes? And before you say Hayes, remember that would mean Boozer "anchoring" our D.

I just don't see it as a good enough reason to pick up Boozer for a year (even with his massive expiring contract) if our roster stays the same. There's gotta be an easier way to pick up/swap for a mid-teens pick in this draft.
                  Raps should still be focused on asset accumulation.

How it happens doesn't concern me.

Maybe boozer accepts buyout?

Who knows?

But I wouldn't say no out of fear of playing time for boozer if there is a highly desired prospect coming with him.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Raptors could just amnesty Boozer. We're buying the #16 pick by taking Boozer
                    Amnesty doesn't work like that

Comment

Raps should still be focused on asset accumulation.

How it happens doesn't concern me.

Maybe boozer accepts buyout?

Who knows?

But I wouldn't say no out of fear of playing time for boozer if there is a highly desired prospect coming with him
                      It's still Casey's love of vets I'm afraid of. I can see it turning into an issue where JV isn't getting minutes so Casey can have a "veteran low-post presence" on the floor. I don't trust Casey to sit him on the bench as the last/second last big on the depth chart...

So yeah, asset accumulation only works if you develop those assets. You can't screw the development of one to acquire another.

I say again also, for like the 20th time, except for Atlanta's pick at 15, picks 14, 16-19 ahead of us are all from teams with multiple picks. And also, 10 and 12 are "extra" picks for Philly and Orlando, respectively. Gotta think one of those picks won't cost us taking back something completely terrible just to get it. Salmons and Hansbrough are obvious assets. I would also be open to swapping our pick as part of a deal.

Comment

Waive Boozer if you want.

Comment

It's still Casey's love of vets I'm afraid of. I can see it turning into an issue where JV isn't getting minutes so Casey can have a "veteran low-post presence" on the floor. I don't trust Casey to sit him on the bench as the last/second last big on the depth chart...

So yeah, asset accumulation only works if you develop those assets. You can't screw the development of one to acquire another.

I say again also, for like the 20th time, except for Atlanta's pick at 15, picks 14, 16-19 ahead of us are all from teams with multiple picks. And also, 10 and 12 are "extra" picks for Philly and Orlando, respectively. Gotta think one of those picks won't cost us taking back something completely terrible just to get it. Salmons and Hansbrough are obvious assets. I would also be open to swapping our pick as part of a deal.
                          Still going to deal with the issue of Casey not playing rooks.

If Masai's goal is to build through the draft, I'm not sure how Casey and he work together.

Salmons and Chuck Hayes at expense of JV and Ross (who finally shows glimpses of life)?!?!?!?! Good Lord!

Comment

All trades asuume Casey is fired. I hope they fire him instead of not renewing.

Comment

We might as well trade Salmons for almost anything as he will most likely be bought out soon.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                              X