D'Antoni Done -- stepping down from HC job w/ Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'Antoni Done -- stepping down from HC job w/ Lakers

Really surprised to hear this on ESPN.com and NBA.com.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...=iref:nbahpt6d

Thoughts?

He should've never gotten the job in the first place. Was surprised LA hired him. The only thing about this news that surprises me is that they didn't fire him right after the season, and actually gave him the chance to resign.

Comment

I will say it here and say it once. Dantoni is not a bad coach. He essentially coached a dleague team to 20 plus wins this year.

He needs to go somewhere that is rebuilding...like actually gutting their team. They need to give him 5 years and a say in the draft. They need to let him actually acquire the talent that fits his vision (Gasol, Howard and Kobe aren't it)

I don't know what team this is but he should sit out until that opportunity presents itself.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        I will say it here and say it once. Dantoni is not a bad coach. He essentially coached a dleague team to 20 plus wins this year.

He needs to go somewhere that is rebuilding...like actually gutting their team. They need to give him 5 years and a say in the draft. They need to let him actually acquire the talent that fits his vision (Gasol, Howard and Kobe aren't it)

I don't know what team this is but he should sit out until that opportunity presents itself.
        Have to agree Thead, but when will a GM look at what created past success and set a coach up to succeed? Certain coaches are needed for certain scenarios.

Comment

So.. Lakers got new coach.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            So.. Lakers got new coach.

The whole offensive playbook would be Swaggy P ISO
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              The whole offensive playbook would be Swaggy P ISO
              It ain't ugly if it's swaggy
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Slightly serious here,

should we get D'Antoni as the offensive coach?
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

not sure he would relegate himself to being an assistant.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I think D'Antoni should try to get the GSW job. Seems like the best roster in the league for his style of play.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I think D'Antoni should try to get the GSW job. Seems like the best roster in the league for his style of play.
                      I'm picturing 140 point games...routinely... The Splash Brothers in Run n Gun

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                        I'm picturing 140 point games...routinely... The Splash Brothers in Run n Gun
                        It would also be good for Iggy and Barnes. They could run the pick'n'roll/pop with David Lee in the halfcourt, as well as post him up when needed. The worst fit is Bogut probably...and he's not a horrible fit, but it's also partly due to injuries.

Comment

Working...
                        X