Will DC cost us the series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer wrote: View Post
    DC has to be fired (not retained). There is nothing holding back Masai now.
    This will be the most interesting part of the off-season IMO. Big decision facing Masai, and not an easy one.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

It is all up to Masai now.

Lead us.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

MU needs to bring more talent to this team. No more " evaluation" excuse. He had over 1 year. Show us that you can get stars to this team by not over paying and show us that you can draft ...

It is time for MU to be hold accountable ...

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          This will be the most interesting part of the off-season IMO. Big decision facing Masai, and not an easy one.
          The big decision facing MU must be how to take the next step and bring a STAR or real talent to fill up the holes in SF, PF and back up centre and how to retain Lowry without losing all the cap flexibility of the future.

Also, how to draft a talent late in a draft is also something that he needs to work on.

Comment

He didn't lose us the series. He didn't win it, but he didn't lose it. He can't make DD a better defensive player. He can't make Ross effective, or JV tonight. He can't help that his backups for his least effective players are Salmons and Hayes.
            @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
              He didn't lose us the series. He didn't win it, but he didn't lose it. He can't make DD a better defensive player. He can't make Ross effective, or JV tonight. He can't help that his backups for his least effective players are Salmons and Hayes.
              Strongly disagree. Fields should have been in JJ. Brooklyn made the adjustment with Blastche. Casey failed.

Comment

When people say stuff like this I feel like they didn't watch the games at all. Casey kept doubling Joe Johnson all night and it fucking killed us, just like it has all series. The guy makes zero adjustments.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                  When people say stuff like this I feel like they didn't watch the games at all. Casey kept doubling Joe Johnson all night and it fucking killed us, just like it has all series. The guy makes zero adjustments.
                  What else has worked on JJ though? Fields was his only truly bad decision, I'm not saying he shouldn't have had more time. But they jsut ignore him on D and Ross had enough tonight to contribute to spacing. He wasn't the worst coach in the playoffs- Mchale. Can you honestly call a coach terrible when we had less talent, and the series differential was insanely close?
                  @Boymusic66

Comment

He wasn't the worst isn't a valid argument. Casey made zero adjustment this series. Look at the Nets Game 1 vs Game 7. Look at Raptors Game 1 vs Game 7. Casey should be gone

Comment

What else has worked on JJ though? Fields was his only truly bad decision, I'm not saying he shouldn't have had more time. But they jsut ignore him on D and Ross had enough tonight to contribute to spacing. He wasn't the worst coach in the playoffs- Mchale. Can you honestly call a coach terrible when we had less talent, and the series differential was insanely close?
                      I don't think this is true. Garnett, Pierce, AK, at this point in their careers, are all running on fumes. Johnson is as well to a certain extent, although he's a bad matchup for this team. D-Will's an enigma, certainly not the All-Star he used to be. Blatche, Plumlee, Anderson, Thorton, even Livingston - none of these guys see the floor if they're on any of the Western Conference teams. They get by on their smarts and their experience, and they easily could have been beaten.
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        Strongly disagree. Fields should have been in JJ. Brooklyn made the adjustment with Blastche. Casey failed.
                        What did we see from Fields his entire career that we think he would have been able to shut down JJ and swing the series in our favour except that limited time in game 2 !!!! Come on people, don't make Fields sound like an elite defensive starter in this league.

Comment

One sequence that really killed us today was that stretch where 2Pat was guarding JJ. That's insane. Having a big guard Pierce is one thing, because he's basically a cripple at this point, you don't have to worry about him driving too much. JJ, though, will, and did.
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                            What did we see from Fields his entire career that we think he would have been able to shut down JJ and swing the series in our favour except that limited time in game 2 !!!! Come on people, don't make Fields sound like an elite defensive starter in this league.
                            But, uhhhh, we won game 2.
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I don't think this is true. Garnett, Pierce, AK, at this point in their careers, are all running on fumes. Johnson is as well to a certain extent, although he's a bad matchup for this team. D-Will's an enigma, certainly not the All-Star he used to be. Blatche, Plumlee, Anderson, Thorton, even Livingston - none of these guys see the floor if they're on any of the Western Conference teams. They get by on their smarts and their experience, and they easily could have been beaten.
                              Exactly. Calling the Nets more talented than the Raptors is a load of shit. We were getting killed by their scrubs like Blatche and Livingston all series.

Comment

D-Will and Lowry played each other almost even, Lowry was better but not by too much. Livingston was better than Ross. Joe and DD were close, but Joe won. Amir vs Pierce, Pierce won. Val vs Garnett, Val won. AK, Blatche, Anderson, Thornton, Plumlee are a better bench than Vasquez, 2Pat, Salmons (ugh), Fields, Hayes. I still absolutely believe we could have won though. I just don't think DC was the main reason we lost.
                                @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
                                X