Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #7: Brooklyn Nets 104 - Toronto Raptors 103 (Nets Win Series 4-3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didnt get to see the whole game, well, I saw none of it, just the replays now on ESPN.

Whats to say, I wished they'd tanked hard, still do, but I loved the fight these guys had. They battled.

The NBA didn't want um to get through, but hey, they almost bucked the odds, AND more importantly, they have earned a few XP points, which, will help in the future.

We all hate it (those of us that have a clue) we hate that the tables are uneven, that a aged, slow team beat ours by fouling on almost every single play, yet still, you have to swallow the "its just how it is pill" and move on. Lowry, I watched the last play 5 times..... was fouled three times on the play, once at the top, once by Garnett and completely by Pierce who was literally walking forward when he forearmed lowry in the chest.

You knew that when it came down to the marrow, the refs werent' in your corner, the loss isn't surprising.

When Ross made that fantastic play to steal the ball, the best part of the play.....go back, everyone, watch it in slow motion...... but watch the official who seemed very distressed that he had to make that call for toronto.....watch his arms..... watch how he tried to call it Nets ball at first but totally caught himself and slowly switched the call. Small things like that speak volumes to me..... he already had it in his head to call it against Toronto. Its a mentality, its what it is, and its what they wanted.

But our squad fought. An dour squad is a good one. And they will be better. JV came alive in this series. Ross has it behind him now, he's learned, he's gonna grow. And Lowry..... I think you might be surprised, he's likely gonna re-up in Toronto, and they will pay him what he deserves, and it will be large.

I wanted Wiggans. I still do. But I would be lying if I said I didnt enjoy a winning season, and all round learning and experience for our core. Its not all lost or all bad boys.

In the words of th smartest man I know, Ray, the man in the chair;

That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the fucking way she goes.

Comment

• Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        I wanted Wiggans. I still do. But I would be lying if I said I didnt enjoy a winning season, and all round learning and experience for our core. Its not all lost or all bad boys.
        We'll get him when he's dominating the league in his prime, and we've established a reputation of quality basketball and quality management. "The Decision 2.0".

Comment

• You know I have to say, team's twitter feeds have really stepped it up and been actually enjoyable this year. Good for them.
          @Boymusic66

Comment

• http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread...250128&page=13

Rockets fans want Kyle.

Comment

• Wow, what a bunch of mooks some of you are. Really? you would have rather tanked and build from the absolute bottom rather than building with a core that has proven to have real fight, real grit and who have all banded together. Who after three years under Casey have developed an identity, instilled a defensive minded culture. You want to start all over for a chance at Wiggins? Your still beating that drum after this, this was a great experience and you shouldn't toss that to the side like these games didn't matter. Cause they did.

And for those calling out for Casey to get fired? This man should be extended, unless you got a top flight proven coach ready to come in, you go with Casey. These guys talked about toughness, resilience, never giving up. Where do you think thank comes from. Casey preached the same message over and over again and it paid off this season. You don't toss that away. And with all the exposure we have, free agents will take a second look at Toronto.

They played their hearts out and lost to a more experienced team who held it together, bent but never broken. They will be thinking about this game all summer. Lowry, DD, Val, Ross, 2Pat, Amir, Vasquez is our core and I hope they all come back.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Rockets fans can piss off. You had your chance, suckers.
                @Boymusic66

Comment

• imaginelino wrote: View Post
                  Wow, what a bunch of mooks some of you are. Really? you would have rather tanked and build from the absolute bottom rather than building with a core that has proven to have real fight, real grit and who have all banded together. Who after three years under Casey have developed an identity, instilled a defensive minded culture. You want to start all over for a chance at Wiggins? Your still beating that drum after this, this was a great experience and you shouldn't toss that to the side like these games didn't matter. Cause they did.

And for those calling out for Casey to get fired? This man should be extended, unless you got a top flight proven coach ready to come in, you go with Casey. These guys talked about toughness, resilience, never giving up. Where do you think thank comes from. Casey preached the same message over and over again and it paid off this season. You don't toss that away. And with all the exposure we have, free agents will take a second look at Toronto.

They played their hearts out and lost to a more experienced team who held it together, bent but never broken. They will be thinking about this game all summer. Lowry, DD, Val, Ross, 2Pat, Amir, Vasquez is our core and I hope they all come back.
                  Agreed 100%. Great post.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'm going to be depressed for a few months
                    Brazilian Kevin Durant

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/x...ptors_2014.jpg
                    http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/x...rst-Pick-1.gif

Twitter: rmuns12

Comment

• imaginelino wrote: View Post
                      Wow, what a bunch of mooks some of you are. Really? you would have rather tanked and build from the absolute bottom rather than building with a core that has proven to have real fight, real grit and who have all banded together. Who after three years under Casey have developed an identity, instilled a defensive minded culture. You want to start all over for a chance at Wiggins? Your still beating that drum after this, this was a great experience and you shouldn't toss that to the side like these games didn't matter. Cause they did.

This! We will be even better next year. Hopefully Contenders in the next 3 years
                      Brazilian Kevin Durant

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/x...ptors_2014.jpg
                      http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/x...rst-Pick-1.gif

Twitter: rmuns12

Comment

• MunsMunny wrote: View Post
                        I'm going to be depressed for a few months
                        Im gonna be depressed till the draft which is almost 2 months away
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Which is super uneventful for the Raps this year.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Why?

I'm sure Clippers vs Thunders series will cure depression... at least for me.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              Which is super uneventful for the Raps this year.
                              Why? Don't we have a pick? Don't be underestimating the talent in the late first round.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Why?

I'm sure Clippers vs Thunders series will cure depression... at least for me.
                                I'm gonna enjoy watching the Heat beat up the Nets in 4 games
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X