Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #7: Brooklyn Nets 104 - Toronto Raptors 103 (Nets Win Series 4-3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We ran the ball Game 2 resulting in turnovers but it was actually the best game we played except three quarter of game 5. Casey is overemphasizing the turnovers. BKN is now boxing out on offensive boards which should slow them down but our poor defense isnt taking advantage.They have 10 seconds to score too but we let them score too easily.

Comment

I don't like the fact that they got blown out last game. I feel like that will carry over into Game 7 :-\

Comment

Since Casey decided to cut down turnovers we can't establish a post game or pass the ball we have no time. It will be an ISO game 7.Its not about momentum.

Comment

How is it not about momentum?

Comment

I love the photograph of the Air Canada Centre. Nice write-up, too.

My fellow Tar Heel, T H, played terrific defence in the last game, cutting off the lane and helping other defenders with pressure on the ball. Maybe someone can pass him the ball on the pick and roll, or the fast break? Salmons just held onto the rock like it was glued to his fingers.

Go with the hot hand!!! And double team that guy, Joe.

Comment

Our bad game 6 isn't because of game 5. The slow pace is what killed the offence.

Comment

I agree

Vasquez seems to get some easy buckets 1 on 5 just because he runs the ball up the court.

If we used Ross on the fast break more, we could see him "break out" (pun intended) and get us some easy buckets. At this point if pitching it ahead to the wings to really run it down the floor ends up in 6 easy points and the ability to get into our offense quicker, I have no doubts we will be in a good position at the end of the game.

Running the Nets also might be good because this game is early and they will have almost no rest
                Last edited by OldSkoolCool; Sat May 3, 2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Gonna have red and white in the stands!

Comment

Looks like the Nets are looking forward to game 7:

ESPN wrote:
                    “I think Game 7s is the just the mindset to go out and leave it out there,” Garnett added. “Like you should in every game.”

Except Game 7 is unlike any other game. It can determine legacies.

Pierce sounded calm and collected about Sunday. He has been here plenty of times so it’s nothing new.

“It’s going to be fun,” Pierce said. “This is what the NBA is all about, these pressure-type moments. These are the types of games that elevate good players to great players.

“We’re gonna enjoy it,” Pierce said. “We’re going into a hostile environment, win or go home. This is the type of situation that I love, that I love to be in and I love our chances.”
                    And Blatche is feeling rather confident as well:

SUN wrote:
                    “We guarantee we’re going to go there and take care of business and go to Miami,” Blatche said of Sunday’s Game 7 in Toronto not long after Brooklyn dispatched the Raptors in Game 6 on Friday.
                    “It was do or die, we wanted this game, we were hungry for it,” Blatche said when it was over.

“I think our momentum will carry over. I think we found a recipe in getting a win on defence and offence and controlling the paint.
                    ^Casey take note. Need to flip the script here and stop going away from what works for us. We are the reason why they are controlling the paint

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

So they're going to replace the Raptors claw logo with a Maple Leaf?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

JV needs to beat KG back to the retirement home.

Tell him his wife tastes like bison.

F*ck Brooklyn.
                          OG is our king

Comment

I'm so nervous, can it please be tomorrow morning already?
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Our bad game 6 isn't because of game 5. The slow pace is what killed the offence.
                              That, missing easy buckets and no ball movement.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                                I love the photograph of the Air Canada Centre. Nice write-up, too.

My fellow Tar Heel, T H, played terrific defence in the last game, cutting off the lane and helping other defenders with pressure on the ball. Maybe someone can pass him the ball on the pick and roll, or the fast break? Salmons just held onto the rock like it was glued to his fingers.

Go with the hot hand!!! And double team that guy, Joe.
                                I don't know maybe it's the ignorant Canadian in me but I feel like everyone under the states of New York is a redneck and doesn't support canada as a country.
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X