Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #7: Brooklyn Nets 104 - Toronto Raptors 103 (Nets Win Series 4-3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna be another long summer without raptors basketball now guys...
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• imaginelino wrote: View Post
      Wow, what a bunch of mooks some of you are. Really? you would have rather tanked and build from the absolute bottom rather than building with a core that has proven to have real fight, real grit and who have all banded together. Who after three years under Casey have developed an identity, instilled a defensive minded culture. You want to start all over for a chance at Wiggins? Your still beating that drum after this, this was a great experience and you shouldn't toss that to the side like these games didn't matter. Cause they did.

And for those calling out for Casey to get fired? This man should be extended, unless you got a top flight proven coach ready to come in, you go with Casey. These guys talked about toughness, resilience, never giving up. Where do you think thank comes from. Casey preached the same message over and over again and it paid off this season. You don't toss that away. And with all the exposure we have, free agents will take a second look at Toronto.

They played their hearts out and lost to a more experienced team who held it together, bent but never broken. They will be thinking about this game all summer. Lowry, DD, Val, Ross, 2Pat, Amir, Vasquez is our core and I hope they all come back.
      Casey also drew up the final play of the game for the wrong fucking sideline. He's an idiot.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        I kept my cool the whole time. People around me were going nuts like we won. I was like... they still need to score!
        "Masai WILL win us a championship"
        - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• Thankfully I think DeRozan seems like the sort of player to have the fire in him to use this loss as motivation and come back better next year.

Comment

1st to 1200 wins
            Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Cannot wait for lebron and the heat destroy the old ass nets.

Great season this year hopefully Lowry stays resign swaggy v and patman salmons GTFO and casey honestly I can see Masai keeping him. I'll see all u awesome dudes next season go raptors!

Comment

• I've recovered from a depression swing, and can't wait till next year, not to mention the rest of the playoffs!

Go Wizards!
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                  Thankfully I think DeRozan seems like the sort of player to have the fire in him to use this loss as motivation and come back better next year.
                  He needs to develop some court vision the guy is blind as fuck
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

He needs to develop some court vision the guy is blind as fuck
                    Actually, I think part of his reluctance to pass right away in this game might have been due to him waiting to attract the double team. I watched some clips, and he would always anticipate a double team.

In one particular play, the BK defence blitzed him with a double team at the top of the key, and he was able to find Hayes with a nice bounce pass.

Despite that, I really felt like the Raptors' offence became way to stagnant in the playoffs. Derozan especially seemed to have lost some confidence in his teammates during games. What made this team special was the fact that they would always trust each other, and the Raptors went away from that selflessness over these past 7 games.

What an awesome series. Every game other than game 6 went down to the wire.
                    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• I really think that Brooklyn was both the better team and was a bad matchup for the Raps (no one being able to guard Joe Johnson, Amir's a mismatch against Pierce, etc). Plus, he one major advantage they should have had (Valanciunas on the boards) disappeared the last two games.

The fact they pushed this 7 games and had a shot to win only encourages me further about the core of this team. Great season, guys. If they are able to resign Lowry, I think 2nd in the conference and 55 wins might be up for grabs next year.
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• It's absolutely hilarious looking at all the Brooklyn Nets videos on NBA's Youtube page. All of them have a crapload of dislikes. xD
                        OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                          It's absolutely hilarious looking at all the Brooklyn Nets videos on NBA's Youtube page. All of them have a crapload of dislikes. xD
                          Raps fans are pissed

"LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raptors SUCK ASS! you Canadian Pussies MAD AS FUCK! enjoy your off season, faggots!!!! no 2nd round for you bitches! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Just clicked dislike. I'm pissed too.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            We're pissed

"LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raptors SUCK ASS! you Canadian Pussies MAD AS FUCK! enjoy your off season, faggots!!!! no 2nd round for you bitches! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
                            Those kind of comments are frustrating. Wish we won just so we could shut them up.

I feel happy knowing that the team will definitely be looking to tear up the league to shreds next year. They won't be laughing at us for long.
                            OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                              Those kind of comments are frustrating. Wish we won just so we could shut them up.

I feel happy knowing that the team will definitely be looking to tear up the league to shreds next year. They won't be laughing at us for long.
                              I agree. But we can all take a moment to laugh. Not only are the Brooklyn Refs going to be knocked out by King James and the Heat, but once the old men from Boston retire, their team will descend into the pit of mediocracy for many, many years.

And while we win back to back to back division titles, they can reminisce on how they were able to beat an overachieving team in 7 games with a squad full of high quality but uncooperative players.
                              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• I think what's important now is that we don't regress as a team! Whatever happens this off-season it's important we keep our core intact and bring back Kyle,2Pat, and GV. To me these guys can score a bunch of points when a guy like T-Ross, and even Demar are struggling to score. If Masai can reel in a guy like Zach Randolph who can score consistently in the post and get us easy buckets in the playoffs then I wouldn't be opposed to it as long as it is on a reasonable contract. It's not a knock against Amir I just feel like he gets burned out easily with the injuries and minutes he's playing. I thought we could've actually won this series in 5 or 6 If we just had that one additional starter that was consistent for the whole series but in hindsight I can live with a point loss in game 7 with Amir, Jonas, and Terrence failing to play consistently for all 7 games. They fought hard this whole year and I take this over watching Rudy Gay throwing up bricks.

Comment

Working...
                                X