Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time of the Year to evaluate these players ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While we're talking about the Nets...

Paul Pierce.

Yes? No? Seems likely we could get him for, say, two years, $5-6m per year. And the pitch is simple: "you thought these fans were amazing? Wait till they're cheering FOR you... on what's probably your last, best shot at one more title, because none of the other contenders can really afford you anyway."

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
      While we're talking about the Nets...

Paul Pierce.

Yes? No? Seems likely we could get him for, say, two years, $5-6m per year. And the pitch is simple: "you thought these fans were amazing? Wait till they're cheering FOR you... on what's probably your last, best shot at one more title, because none of the other contenders can really afford you anyway."
      I don't know. Personally I can't stand him, but I wouldn't cheer against him if he was on our team.

My big on-court concern is he's clearly most effective as a 4 at this point. Not sure how well he fits at the 3 spot.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        I dont understand why some fans here in RR feel like you have to choose between one of DeMar and Ross. Choose one and trade the other. They're both very good YOUNG players who plays for the Toronto Raptors. Why dont you want to keep both?

As for who's better, Ross or DeRozan. I think Ross has a chance to be a good player. But to me DeRozan is the better player. And i dont think its even close.

Reggie Miller always say, you know you're great when in a 7 game series, the opposing team focuses on you, they know what you're going to do but they still can't stop you. DeRozan in these playoffs averaged 24ppg, 28ppg the last 6 games. That is amazing specially for a guy that is playing in his first ever playoff series. Remember all the talk here before the playoffs how DeRozan is going to get exposed in the playoffs? yeah.....

Lowry today says "DeRozan is on his way to being a superstar... Why wouldn't you want to be on a team with a guy like that?"

I think one of the MAIN reason why Lowry will re-sign w/ the Raptors(yes i think he will be back) is because of DeRozan.
        Good post.

All this trade Demar talk sounds crazy to me. Do you really think Lowry will want to re-sign if we trade Demar? Our ONLY All-star...it ain't like we have an all-star factory here people!! So Ross is going to be better as our starting SG?? Oh man.... that's some crazy ish right there!

Get your head checked if you really think Ross is anywhere near Demar ....

Edit: I'm not saying Ross can't be very good player in the future. However, I would wait before declaring him our future starting SG.

After his performance in these playoffs i'm even more skeptical.....
        Last edited by special1; Mon May 5, 2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          While we're talking about the Nets...

Paul Pierce.

Some team will overpay for him..or he'll take a pay cut to chase a ring. Pierce is a player you add who you think could put you over the top. We're not there yet.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

• SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
            Livingston is a whiny punk ass b*tch. PASS.
            A guy who's 6'7", can play both wing positions and point guard? And will probably cost around 2-2.5 million? I'll take that any day of the week.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
              A guy who's 6'7", can play both wing positions and point guard? And will probably cost around 2-2.5 million? I'll take that any day of the week.

I don't know. Think he fits best as a backup PG who can play some minutes at SG. He can create for himself and others, but can't space the floor, and is too weak to deal with a fair amount of wings. Like what he brings, but if we bring back Vasquez I have less than zero interest in him. He may also look for a pricier deal than what you're suggesting.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I don't know. Think he fits best as a backup PG who can play some minutes at SG. He can create for himself and others, but can't space the floor, and is too weak to deal with a fair amount of wings. Like what he brings, but if we bring back Vasquez I have less than zero interest in him. He may also look for a pricier deal than what you're suggesting.
                This right here. Livingston is very similar to Vasquez in the role they play. Signing Livingston would come down to a decision between him and Vasquez, which one would you take? I think it's really close but I like Livingston a little better.

Comment

• chch166 wrote: View Post
                  Nooooo not Perkins please....... We're going to be on Shaqtin a fool alot if that happens.
                  More US media exposure right?!
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    This right here. Livingston is very similar to Vasquez in the role they play. Signing Livingston would come down to a decision between him and Vasquez, which one would you take? I think it's really close but I like Livingston a little better.
                    I like Vasquez. Thought it became clear in the playoffs that Livingston's D was a bit overrated. For instance, you could never dream of using Livingston on someone like Johnson the way Vasquez was used....and surprisingly well because Vasquez has enough strength to play a physical game. Now, in general Livingston is a better defender, but his matchup usefulness is limited to PGs and skinny wings. Vasquez is also better at running the O, and has a 3 pt shot. I think all around what Vasquez gives you is better. And we also know that Vasquez plays well in pressure situations, as he hit many big shots in the season and playoffs.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      And amazingly he was the JJ defensive stopper after Casey let PP be destroyed.
                      I was ready to get rid of Vasquez until this playoffs because:

-I felt that playing him as a PG saw the offense stagnate when he was on the floor
                      and
                      -he couldn't keep up with most of the point guards defensively

But, then we saw him play a ton of time beside Lowry and have less responsibility in terms of being a floor general (as Lowry was still calling plays). I also thought he defended better against Marcus Thornton and AA than against DWill and Livingston. I have also been looking for a "sixth man" guy on the wing and wonder if he could fill this role within the team going forward?

What do you think, Vasquez as a backup 2?

(I would put De Colo as backup 1 for defense and he was better at setting up plays)

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      I'm a huge fan of 'Po

Only problem is I think their first round pick and he are the only untouchables on the roster.
                      Well look at this from Milwaukee perspective: You are not moving to Seattle. You are staying under old ownership who wants to be in the playoffs. You may be getting Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker, who play the same position as 'Po. If someone is willing to offer enough...is he really untouchable?

If they do get Wiggins or Parker, they now have a log jam at SF (in terms of potential).

Your ownership wants to win so you need producers. DD is an all-star and knows how to win with a good value contract. You go into next season with an All-Star SG and a future star SF and some good C's and PF's and you got the start to a pretty good team, minus the growing pains. A potential for production trade.

DD + 2014 OKC 2nd for Antetokounmpo + Delfino + Pachulia + 2014 2nd

We get our SF that we desperately need. But we also get Delfino, who Milwaukee may be leery about him returning to form after his injury, his value is uber low. Pachulia has good size for a backup C and expires in 2015/2016 (for Durant sweepstakes if Po does not work out and we decide to play). Also move up in this years second round. Trade would be completed on draft night.

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      STARTERS

C: Valanciunas
                      PF:
                      SF:
                      SG: Ross
                      PG: Lowry (ideally for $9-10M, but could accept front-loaded starting at up to $12M)

BENCH

C:
                      PF: Patterson/Johnson (prefer PP if traditional post-up starting PF is acquired)
                      SF:
                      SG: Vasquez
                      PG: De Colo
                      Do you think he will thrive as a SG? With De Colo on point?

magoon wrote: View Post
                      Serious question: what do the people who want to trade DeMar expect to get for DeMar? What is an acceptable return for DeMar?
                      Talented Young Guy (or top 5 pick) + Established Vet + badish contract + 2nd round pick

I think that is fair value.

1 guy for sure producing all-star numbers

for

1 guy who may get there (but who is at a different position/better skill set/2-way guy) + role player + rubbish + future pick

Sum of the parts after that.

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      He's gonna get at least 4 years/48 mil IMO
                      4 years 42 and change is a pretty good starting point. That is with a full 7.5% decrease each year, if we go to only 6% decrease it would be 4 years 44 mil with the last year being slightly under 10 mil....would 4/44 be good enough to keep him.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      If I'm trading Demar, I gotta get in position to draft Wiggins. Nobody else will do. Parker would be the consolation prize, but I would much rather Wiggins. It would be a perfect match and fit. Ross and Wiggins on the wings would be a nightmare for other teams.
                      I agree, if we are trading into this draft it is Wiggins or bust. Other than that it is a trade for a young guy who we know is going to be good and still on rookie contract so we can control his future.

Comment

• Too soon to tell who Milwaukee will take in the draft. They'd probably be inclined to take Embiid if he was there at their pick. They could also go for Randle or Exum if they don't want to go SF. There are elite guys at basically every position at the top of the draft. It's definitely not such a SF or bust situation that they'd put Giannis on the table. The draft is going to be really interesting this year.

Comment

• Sources say that the Raptors sign Casey to a 3 year extension.... I'm on my iPhone so someone else may need to provide the link.

I Just wanted to say that I totally saw this coming and I agree with the extension. Casey did an awesome job this year and I'm hoping he continues to grow and get better as a head coach.

Comment

Working...
                          X