Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time of the Year to evaluate these players ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hands for Barnes might be doable. GSW need to trade Barnes for something and they need a PF who picks up fouls and cap space. May need to add Salmons as sweetener. This would require a seperate deal concerning DD and Ross.If we get a starting SF one has to be traded.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Rumours out there that Atlanta may put themselves in play for Greg Monroe

If that's the case, gotta think Horford may just be made available...I wonder if a 3-team sign and trade deal would have any chance...
      Horford goes back to his natural position of PF? Oh my how great would that be. I don't see why they'd go for Monroe though. Kills spacing if they keep Big Al, kills D if they keep Millsap.
      @Boymusic66

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Hands for Barnes might be doable. GSW need to trade Barnes for something and they need a PF who picks up fouls and cap space. May need to add Salmons as sweetener. This would require a seperate deal concerning DD and Ross.If we get a starting SF one has to be traded.
        TH for Barnes? Salmons= sweetener? Ross or DD would have to be traded if we get Barnes? Dude.... That is just some terrible logic there...

Kahn wouldn't do TH for Barnes. BC wouldn't do TH for Barnes. James Dolan wouldn't do TH for Barnes.
        @Boymusic66

Comment

LOOOOL, you know we picked up Hans for 1.5 off the FA market ?? Come on Son, GSW are smarter than that.

Comment

Barnes is in no mans land. No playing time and will be due a contract externsion .Same with Ross if we get Barnes. Do you extend can player based on potential especviually with Iggy on the roster. Barnes trade value is low considering he never plays.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
              LOOOOL, you know we picked up Hans for 1.5 off the FA market ?? Come on Son, GSW are smarter than that.
              Uhh...no, we didn't. Try just over $3M. I don't know where you pulled 1.5 from....

Comment

Barnes is in no mans land. No playing time and will be due a contract externsion .Same with Ross if we get Barnes. Do you extend can player based on potential especviually with Iggy on the roster. Barnes trade value is low considering he never plays.
                You need 3 quality wings. Three guys who can play big minutes if needed. And one extra one in cases of injury/foul trouble who can at least bring some sort of skill to the table.

Comment

Atlanta can trade Millsap in a second and get excellent value back. All-Star-level power forward play on a very, very affordable contract which expires in time for the 2015 free agent feast? They can move him with no problems whatsoever.

Comment

Hands and Salmons is cap relief. Hands is valuable considering his salary.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      They need a better coach, so many useful players like Field and De Colo were kept out of this series not to mention he was outcoached by Jason Kidd cause he couldn't adjust in time.

They need a big bruiser type of a SG or SF like Joe Johnson, so when the shot isn't falling feed the beast the ball on the inside. So tired seeing the Raptors becoming a jump shooting team when the pressure is on.

Need a solid backup centre, preferably more big then JV for match up problems like Asik.
                      Agreed, need a new coaching philosophy that demands driving into the paint

First Fire Casey

Ross needs to be our starting SG.It'll be a struggle but going 82 games with the ball will make him better.

Vasquez is great but hurts the development of Ross and Demar. We need to win with them not GV.
                      I think Ross will be a very good starting SG in this league. He can get into the paint at will (look at today) and can guard. If he can get his shot down during more pressure situations he will be very good. I think this will happen if he had a larger role and took some of his lumps without Casey breathing down his neck.

I'm not a huge fan of Vasquez...only reason he should be kept is if we plan to use him as a SG 6th man. He is too ball hoggish and poor defensively to play the back up PG. I like De Colo there, just needs a little confidence restored after Casey destroyed him.

TSF wrote: View Post
                      You know whose available at the 3, has shown potential, and is on a team that could absolutely use a good backup point guard, who has exceptional P&R instincts and can help space the floor? Harrison Barnes!
                      No. He has been that bad.

You want a high potential, long, athletic SF who is an advanced playmaker for the SF position....Giannis Antetokounmpo. He is my #1 target this summer and should be Ujiri's as well.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        No. He has been that bad. You want a high potential, long, athletic SF who is an advanced playmaker for the SF position....Giannis Antetokounmpo. He is my #1 target this summer and should be Ujiri's as well.
                        You have any idea how many assets it would take to get The Greek Freak? I'd love to have him but he would take more than I'm willing to give up. Barnes has a high ceiling and has had a bad year, available on the cheap.
                        @Boymusic66

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Uhh...no, we didn't. Try just over $3M. I don't know where you pulled 1.5 from....
                          OK, 3, my bad. Still you must be dreaming if you think you will get Barns for Hans even if he is being over paid by 1.5 million a year

Comment

You have any idea how many assets it would take to get The Greek Freak? I'd love to have him but he would take more than I'm willing to give up. Barnes has a high ceiling and has had a bad year, available on the cheap.
                            Nicely Said. Barns is a low risk, high reward , buy cheap type of transaction for a team that needs a SF really bad.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                              Atlanta can trade Millsap in a second and get excellent value back. All-Star-level power forward play on a very, very affordable contract which expires in time for the 2015 free agent feast? They can move him with no problems whatsoever.
                              Oh they absolutely could move him, but I mean cmon. A 7 footer PF who can't shoot and can't play defense but has a bruising post game compared to a 6'8 guy who can shoot, can play D, and has a good post game? Especially when you already have Horford? I'd go Millsap first, every time.
                              @Boymusic66

Comment

Oh they absolutely could move him, but I mean cmon. A 7 footer PF who can't shoot and can't play defense but has a bruising post game compared to a 6'8 guy who can shoot, can play D, and has a good post game? Especially when you already have Horford? I'd go Millsap first, every time.
                                I don't know what they'd plan on doing, but it'd be pretty crazy to keep both Horford and Millsap with Monroe. And Detroit may not have interest in either one. If we could throw something to each team to sweeten the deal and try and pry Horford away (my personal preference), it might just work.

Comment

Working...
                                X