Everything Brooklyn Nets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Because the original quote I started with was exactly what GLF was saying for the last 20 games of the year. Granted he was quite persistent and a touch more negative but the message was the same. He was shat on repeatedly for it, mocked and mimicked, but here we are with an almost exact word for word quote of what he said.

So how does it relate to you? It doesn't. It relates to GLF and he is vindicated by at least one post - intentionally or not.
    Not trying to side with that particular poster at all. I love this team. I had seasons for 7 years until I had my daughter about a year ago. I buy a ton of merchandise, I watch as many games as I can and I enjoyed every second of this run. The thing that made this team so much fun was their sharing of the ball, they play hard and they get after it on defense. But somewhere near the end of the year when they were close to clinching that playoff spot, something happened. Guys started to coast, didn't play as hard on defense. The game(s) that sticks out in my mind was the last two regular season games versus New York and Milwaukee. They looked different. They squandered leads that should have been enough to lead them to victory. I had a real uneasy feeling about this first round match up with Brooklyn. If they had played to their strength, they would have easily won in 5 or 6 games. However, because guys didn't play their usual games, they played Brooklyn's game, and games were close, the officiating would always side with the team with veteran experience.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Not a fan of the Nets or the Heat.. hope they both lose to each other some how. Basically now that the Raps are out I'm rooting for a WCF team to win it all.
      Or the Wiz.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
        Or the Wiz.
        nobody beats the wiz.

Comment

Interesting analysis of the effects of winning a 7 game series from fivethirtyeight.com

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...o-win-round-2/

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            People gotta remember, Brooklyn didn't even have their (arguably) best player on the floor in Brook Lopez ...
            True but at the same time they really turned their season around when he got injured since they played awfully when he was healthy.

I wonder how Kidd will approach this series though, he'll have to make a lot of adjustments. You can't double Wade/Lebron effectively like they did to DeRozan and they won't be able to bully anyone on the Heat with post up plays.

I can see Pierce having a 30 point game though, he despises the Heat.

Comment

Kg shouting us out tho.. lol

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                A song tribute to GLF:

geez they already made Spider-man remake. Time flies. I'm getting old lool
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                  People gotta remember, Brooklyn didn't even have their (arguably) best player on the floor in Brook Lopez ...
                  They are better without him. If he were playing there would be no pierce Amir matchup, Lopez is an even softer defender than Garnett. Valanciunis wouod eat him up
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    They are better without him. If he were playing there would be no pierce Amir matchup, Lopez is an even softer defender than Garnett. Valanciunis wouod eat him up
                    I don't know about that. Lopez at least has strength. He doesn't rebound well or give you sharp D, but he does block shots, clog the lane a bit, and is a very good scorer on the other end.

Honestly, and not to start a reffing discussion, but if the refs weren't still sucking Garnett's dick, he would be Perkins bad out there, maybe worse. Other than knocking down some jumpers on occasion, Garnett is only allowed to be effective by getting away with murder and the refs not calling it.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      geez they already made Spider-man remake. Time flies. I'm getting old lool
                      Not sure how old you are but it only gets worse from my experience.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        lol slow down there son. Val would eat up Lopez!?? I love JV too but Lopez would've handled JV. Jonas is what? a sophmore? Lopez is an established all star (in the east at least). The Nets already outrebounded us in the series and with Lopez battling for boards too and blocking shots? Nets in 5 or 6
                        Give it a year or two more though. Im loving Val's progression so far - it seems like he's got the right personality and attitude to go with his still growing body and youth. Great draft pick even with Drummond on the board.

Just curious, if Lopez is playing and there is no Pierce/Amir matchup like you say, who would you have covering Pierce then?
                        Last edited by OldSchool; Mon May 5, 2014, 06:08 PM.

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
                          lol slow down there son. Val would eat up Lopez!?? I love JV too but Lopez would've handled JV. Jonas is what? a sophmore? Lopez is an established all star (in the east at least). The Nets already outrebounded us in the series and with Lopez battling for boards too and blocking shots? Nets in 5 or 6

Just curious, if Lopez is playing and there is no Pierce/Amir matchup like you say, who would you have covering Pierce then?
                          I generally agree with this except rebounds. Lopez is a horrible underachiever on the glass. He's a worse rebounder than all their other bigs.

Comment

F*ck the Nets F*ck Jay-Z F*ck Beyonce F*ck Rihanna's Nipples F*ck Billy King F*ck Prokorov F*ck Paul Pierce F*ck Kevin Garnett F*ck Deron Williams F*ck Iso-joe(the f*ck type of nick name is that) F*ck Jason Kidd F*ck the Brooklyn Knight F*ck the Barclys Center F*ck the people that live in Brooklyn F*ck the Knicks F*ck the burrows F*ck the city of New York and most of all Fuck The Nets
                            #BringBackUzoh

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
                              Give it a year or two more though. Im loving Val's progression so far - it seems like he's got the right personality and attitude to go with his still growing body and youth. Great draft pick even with Drummond on the board.

Ok I know jonas won't eat up Lopez but you get my point. Lopez is a soft rebounder but he plays well on the offensive end.

To tell you the 'truth,' I think ross could guard pierce. He doesn't really have a fat ass like joe penis and he sure as he'll is not quicker than ross either.
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Imagine: lose to the nets in 7, sign Shaun Livingston in the offseason, beat the nets in 6 next season.
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X